Bloodlines (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    How could he? When he broke SG1 out of that prison, he really didn't time to go get his family. They barely escaped as it is
    They were not in prison in this episode.

Comment

I thought you were talking about the pilot episode when tealc did defect.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Back to my rewatch after a year and a half. Gotta say, I like this episode. It reinforces the commitment by Teal'c. He did not just betray Apophis, but he also sacrificed his family for the cause. If Stargate command was still not sure of his loyalty to Earth, this piece of new information should pretty much solidify his allegiance. Wonderful episode but it got me thinking. Why don't they have any motor vehicles in Chulack. Everyone is like walking everywhere. If I was a Jaffa, I would rebel. You're telling me that the Goauld have all these ships and gliders but yet they won't give the Jaffa a landspeeder or something. And that horn that was used to signal that there was trouble. No communication devices! The Jaffa should be really pissed off that the Goauld are hoarding all the good technology. But, I guess sometimes its hard to change the system. I mean look at our 1 percent here in America. They control almost everything and the rest of us just take it. I guess we are not very different from the Jaffa after all.

Comment

When you keep your slave population in lesser tech, its easier to keep control over them.

Comment

Also, having things like that horn that don't depend on technology may be useful. Look at all the communication the team achieves using signals.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Great to see Bra'tac in this one. He's my favorite recurring character, or at least he was the last time I watched the show.

Daniel shooting the infant Goa'uld was understandable given the fate of Sha're and Skaara, but it was also incredibly stupid. The Jaffa priests aren't idiots even if they don't have access to advanced technology, so they'll know the Goa'uld weren't shot with a staff weapon. Bullets are a Tau'ri calling card...
              sigpic

Comment

The horn is just an item to create a special situation - it's eye-catching,impressive and the sound is like a deep growl - everything a symbiot isn't or doesn't have. So everybody listens and the queen is presented.
                Bra'tac is brilliantly introduced - wise, cunning and strong with good knowledge of human nature.
                CARPE DIEM
                ANJA

Comment

Originally posted by Anja View Post
                  The horn is just an item to create a special situation - it's eye-catching,impressive and the sound is like a deep growl - everything a symbiot isn't or doesn't have. So everybody listens and the queen is presented.
                  Bra'tac is brilliantly introduced - wise, cunning and strong with good knowledge of human nature.
                  Plus a horn has been used by countless people over the years to summon help..

Comment

You are right, Daniel did effectively give away their position by shooting at the Large container to kill the Larval Go'auld. They were being chased!, but his overriding rage against the Go'auld for t he fate of Sha're and co overcome his logical reasoning.

Bra'tac is and always will be a personal fave of mine.

Comment

An episode to inform us that when Teal'c turned against his false gods, he did so knowing he was leaving a wife and son behind. Knowing he might never see them again. It's a surprise, actually, that they were still alive. You'd think Apophis wouldn't take kindly to Jaffa running to the enemies side. Fortunately Bra'tac was around to keep them safe, though Dreyauc seemed less than pleased with Teal'c's arrival back on Chulak.

Funny to see Salli Richardson as the original Dreyauc, considering they recast that part later on in the show. I know her better als Allison Blake in Eureka.

We also get to play with little larvae goa'uld and boy, I wouldn't have dunked in on 4...

We get a little more insight into the Chulak society and the caste system which seems to be in place. Outcasts outside of the walls, left out there to fend for themselves, and from the way they scattered when seeing two Jaffa in armor, I'd they probably got the short end of a staffweapon on more than one occasion.

This episode I do have a few complaints to report about Chris' armor. The detail on the shoulderplates sure is neat, but the work on making it leaves much to be desired. It's not worthy of a hero-tag. It look and feels more like the armor of the 4th Jaffa to the right, in the third row who dies first and isn't up close to the camera too much.
                      Tony's armor on the other hand is far better in quality. He's also the only Jaffa we ever see who wears actual chainmail (my chainmail love only a little bit satisfied). His short sleeves are made up of tiny chainmail rings, and attached to an undershirt. Both his and Chris front are made up of the same chainmail rings, but he's the only one who wears a shirt like that. The rest of the Jaffa are always wearing that knitted fake material which looks neat from afar, very afar, but up close doesn't fit with the cluncky soundeffect.

How would you rate SG-1's "Bloodlines?"

Excellent
                      Good
                      Fair
                      Poor
                      Terrible
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I think those shoulder pieces are rubber, given they way they flex and don't lie flat.

Seaboe
                        If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Bra'tac

That word sums it all. He is what sells this episode. Not because he is such an important recurring character but because of his eccentricity by our standards but his looks into thinking that difference. I love his confusion of the bridge metaphor. The bridge is to well guarded indeed. Also their is FH's point of interesting to learn about how the Goa'uld society functions even if some things are contradicted in future episodes. I'm looking at you implantation ceremony. It always seemed out of character for Daniel to murder those defenseless Goa'uld
                          Last edited by jelgate; 08 November 2017, 05:55 PM.
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                            I think those shoulder pieces are rubber, given they way they flex and don't lie flat.
                            Quite possibly so... The more flexibility, the better for the actor's movement.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              Bra'tac

That word sums it all. He is what sells this episode. Not because he is such an important recurring character but because of his eccentricity by our standards but his looks into thinking that difference. I love his confusion of the bridge metaphor. The bridge is to well guarded indeed. Also their is FH's point of interesting to learn about how the Goa'uld society functions even if some things are contradicted in future episodes. I'm looking at you implantation ceremony. It always seemed out of character for Daniel to murder those defenseless Goa'uld
                              Goa'uld society is rather hollow to be honest.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

So is FH but we still like her
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X