Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just finished watching the first 5 seasons for the first time...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just went through a marathon couple of months watching from the first episode through the end of season 5 and I love the show! Except I hate Jaffa-centric episodes. I could care less about Teal'c and Bray'tac trying to free their people. Are there more of those to come in the last 5 seasons?

Originally posted by boo1234 View Post
    I just went through a marathon couple of months watching from the first episode through the end of season 5 and I love the show! Except I hate Jaffa-centric episodes. I could care less about Teal'c and Bray'tac trying to free their people. Are there more of those to come in the last 5 seasons?
    Oh yeah. Its a very important storyline for the next few seasons
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Mhmm. You must learn to like them.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Glad to hear you enjoyed the first 5 seasons. There will be more Jaffa-centric episodes to come so you should be prepared for that. I can't say I liked them all either, but some were really good.

There's also a "big change" in season 6. But I'm sure you can guess what it is since you've finished watching season 5.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey! We're in the same boat. I've been marathoning my way through as well for the first time.

What made you pick it up? I was convinced to give SGU a shot and was intrigued enough to find out more. I was always aware of the show, but had never seen it. The commercials that Space in Canada showed for the show sure did it no favours. It actually kept me from watching it. They were usually just a couple clips of one liners from the episode with a cheesy voice over by the Space voice guy. Terribly misleading and disappointing! Especially after seeing some of the episodes now that I did see advertised.

Glad I finally checked it out, hope you enjoy the rest of seasons too!

Comment

Originally posted by Zedpm View Post
            Hey! We're in the same boat. I've been marathoning my way through as well for the first time.

What made you pick it up? I was convinced to give SGU a shot and was intrigued enough to find out more. I was always aware of the show, but had never seen it. The commercials that Space in Canada showed for the show sure did it no favours. It actually kept me from watching it. They were usually just a couple clips of one liners from the episode with a cheesy voice over by the Space voice guy. Terribly misleading and disappointing! Especially after seeing some of the episodes now that I did see advertised.

Glad I finally checked it out, hope you enjoy the rest of seasons too!
            I decided to watch SGU when it came on in the fall and liked it, so I netflixed all of season 1 SG-1. Then I got distracted with BSG which I loved for 2 months and am back to SG-1 now

Comment

it will end in Season 8.

the series was originally supposed to end in a 2 part episode called "Reckoning" which is episode 16 and 17 of Season 8.

I think Moebius was originally a mid season 2 part episode and they simply changed it to air as the finale of Season 8 because Season 7 is when they started doing mid season 2 part episodes. Sci-Fi must of ordered another Season before episode 10 of Season 8 as it was being televised.

enjoy the series!

Christine
              Last edited by lkg1980; 07 February 2010, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                it will end in Season 8. the series was originally supposed to end in a 2 parter called "Reckoning" which is episode 16 and 17 of Season 8 but they added 3 unrelated filler episodes as episode 18, 19 and 20 i'm guessing Sci-Fi or SyFy ordered 1 or 2 more seasons while season 8 was being televised.

Christine
                the theme of Jaffa freedom exist even in the last 2 seasons, thus really less than before....
                sigpic
                Sig by RogueRanger

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Since the the Jaffa were enslaved by the Goa'uld and the Goa'uld are the main Baddie until season 8, yes, there will be more Jaffa-centric storylines.
                    Last edited by kivawolfspeaker; 07 February 2010, 03:28 PM.
                    ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
                      Since the the Jaffa were enslaved by the Gou'ald (sp?) and the Gou'ald (sp?) are the main Baddie until season 8, yes, there will be more Jaffa-centric storylines.
                      Goa'uld doll

Christine

Comment

Originally posted by lkg1980 View Post
                        Goa'uld doll

Christine
                        Thank you!
                        ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

then watch season 6 and you will have witnessed the glory days of sg1
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

well next three season will be mostly about that. but it will get better in the next three, you have not seen much about the Jaffa rebels in the first 5 season

Comment

The Jaffa-centric episodes are typically better in six through ten than one through five, IMO.
                              If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Working...
                              X