Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you interpret the religious overtones in Caprica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
    I find the Colonial views on religion interesting. Here we have polytheism as a dominant belief, with monotheism breaking out in pockets. Whereas here on Earth, we have transcended this mode of worship to the point where monotheism is the dominant belief, and athiesm is picking up momentum. There are probably many athiests in the Colonies, and I'd love to see this "third wheel" addressed.
    Wha..? I take it you didn't read the earlier posts. As for your last statement Atheism has been addressed in the series. In BSG a number of characters go through a crisis of faith while others flat out rejected it. Watch or re-watch BSG and you'll see it.

Originally posted by anachronism View Post
    i just hope that BSG doesn't end up being the VR of Caprica. And that they were just playing a video game that like a video game always ends the story the same way.
    Do you even watch the show? Did you bother to read the synopsis for Caprica?
    How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

i just hope that BSG doesn't end up being the VR of Caprica. And that they were just playing a video game that like a video game always ends the story the same way.
      Even though I know that can't be true, it would have been an awesome twist. Nice thinking
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        Even though I know that can't be true, it would have been an awesome twist. Nice thinking
        That would greatly anger the BSG fans...like a lot
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
          That would greatly anger the BSG fans...like a lot
          I'm sure it would, but since I'm not one of them, yet anyway, I think it's fun. PA tells me I will be a BSG fan if I start to watch it and stay with it.
          no means no, and so does pepper spray
          Sig by The Carpenter
          sigpic

Comment

Yes the reset button technique is extremely annoying. Let's just try and make sure we don't stray too far off topic.
            How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

you shall now be shunned
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

caprica focuses a lot on the one true god belief. but as seen in bsg most people believe in the 12 lords of kobol. so along the way the movement must not succeed
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                X