• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Substitute (604)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    THE SUBSTITUTE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 604

Locke attempts to recruit new followers on the island, promising answers to Sawyer. Off the island, John faces the challenges of an ordinary life as a handicapped man.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 11 March 2010, 06:38 AM.

This was way better than last week's ep. MIB didn't seem to have any problems with being completely honest and telling Sawyer everything he wanted to know.
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
      This was way better than last week's ep. MIB didn't seem to have any problems with being completely honest and telling Sawyer everything he wanted to know.
      Or everything he wanted to hear.

Comment

ARGhhh good episode, so much better than last week. The pieces of the puzzle are all coming into place but it stopped when it was just getting good!. The writers really are still teasing us with bits and pieces. I get the feeling that this will go on for several more episodes until things come to a head when Locke/MIB actually reaches the temple.

13 episodes left :O.

Comment

This was a great episode. Didn't think we'd get an explanation about the purpose of the numbers (i spoiled myself by learning about the purpose months ago) this early. Although i think there's more to it than that. The little blonde kid, i'm getting the feeling that was Jacob as a kid. Although i wonder why Richard wasn't able to to see him. It seems that the MIB has been somewhat of a prisoner on the island.overall, great episode.

Comment

see, i'm thinking that little blonde kid is Aaron
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
              This was a great episode. Didn't think we'd get an explanation about the purpose of the numbers (i spoiled myself by learning about the purpose months ago) this early. Although i think there's more to it than that. The little blonde kid, i'm getting the feeling that was Jacob as a kid. Although i wonder why Richard wasn't able to to see him. It seems that the MIB has been somewhat of a prisoner on the island.overall, great episode.
              so what were they? just that jack was #23 that Jacob contacted? etc.

or do you think it's a #8 likely, #23 likely, etc

sigpic

Comment

maybe each number is the person in a timeline..
                say #6 is that person in timeline #6.. but there could be 100 timelines for a person..

but, as usual.. we are not getting many answers and more questions are being asked than there answers for existing questions.. so this BS abouit getting answers is BS..
                My Story:
                http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Thats possible but, you have to remember that in the shows time frame, only about a week (if that) has pasted since the Oceanic six boarded Ajira flight 316 to now. Aaron would only be about 3-4 in the shows current 2007 time frame and the little blonde kid looked like he was around 10.

Comment

I think it's Jacob
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                      Thats possible but, you have to remember that in the shows time frame, only about a week (if that) has pasted since the Oceanic six boarded Ajira flight 316 to now. Aaron would only be about 3-4 in the shows current 2007 time frame and the little blonde kid looked like he was around 10.
                      that's possible, of course, but this planet also seems to hop, skip and jump in the timeilne....so he could be anyone

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                        I think it's Jacob
                        As do I. Locke/Anti-Jacob seemed genuinely freaked out by seeing him, and Jacob seems to be the only person who could keep Smokie in check.

Also, I think that this episode eliminates any thoughts that smokie is the good guy, after he chucked that white rock into the ocean. I loved that bit. "What did you do that for?" ... "It's an inside joke." Loved it.
                        Last edited by AVFan; 17 February 2010, 07:04 PM.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

that's possible, of course, but this planet also seems to hop, skip and jump in the timeilne....so he could be anyone
                          Spoiler city ahead. You already know that though, hopefully

I thought it was the kid from the temple, same kid that the others 'napped back in season 2. Then thought it mightve been Jacob as a kid. My marbles are on one or the other.

Ok, i thought this episode was epic. Bigger than the premiere. Im trying to contain myself here.

The 6 numbers coordinate to 6 of the Losties. This perfectly supports my theories from last week. According to The Lost Experience, the dharma initiative were trying to change the numbers, which were an equation leading to the end of time (at least, that what i got out of it), by manipulating the environment. With the 6 losties represenmting these numbers, and Locke now dead, it would seem Frank Lapidus is the "candidate" (as Alana said last season) that will filll Locke's shoes. Could this be the change that will save the universe?

Loved the first-person Smoky shot.

Couldnt expect more from Sawyer. Thataboy, pourin 'dead' locke a drink. Great scene. Disappointed to see smoky cannot enjoy. Why do i think he deserves it. It looks like the two warring sides, light and dark, are not good and evil at all. I believe its somewhere along the lines off two simple, opposing sides. There isnt a good side or a bad side. In fact., i think they are on the same side. They want whats best for the island. Except it doesnt look like Smoky cares anymore.

Qquestion of the week: Where is Smoky's home?

Thinking out loud, could Jack have made a mistake when he discovered Adam and Eve in season 1? Could it be Jacob and Smoky, perhaps? They found the light and dark rocks in their pockets....

"Dr. Linus," who i look forward to seeing more than anyone in the new time line, gets not one, but two of his best scenes to date.. THATS drama only Lost can provide! What a scene, Locke's funeral. I couldnt hold back a few tears, and Lapidus with nothing short of a great one-liner to mess with my emotions. Love it.

THIS EPISODE WAS FANTASTIC!!!

Team Darlton, i flipping love you guys
                          Last edited by ThreeFriesShortOfaHappyMeal; 17 February 2010, 01:36 PM.
                          When the mind is enlightened, the body matters not.

Comment

i'm just not loving this season. i don't hate it at all, i just... i'm not 'enjoying' it like i have seasons past.

some observations --

showing jacob going back to each lostie, it showed him touching all of them, but sawyer. and now sawyer is siding with smokie. maybe jacob knew he would side with him?

this alternate time line is weird (i know, duh ). should desmond have been on the plane? should ben be a teacher? maybe i'm reading it wrong, maybe this IS what they'd be up to without the possibility of the plane going down, but it just seems off.

i want some questions really answered before they pile on more questions.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Amazing episode IMO. This season has really started off very strong. I hated when this episode ended.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X