What Kate Does (603)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    what i'm wondering about the water...what if it doesn't make you 'bad'....but reverses you.

ben was a kid, innocent and traumatized. and he was turned into a manipulative jerk that cold bloodedly used people.

well sayid is a murderer and torturer. he's already pretty dark. what if the dip in the water turns mister badass iraqui into a mile mannered man?

that could be the kind of twist that such things often have, if you save those that are usually deemed 'worthy' of being saved, you make a monster, yet if you save a monster, you save them
    I'll be honest, I haven't watched it recently, so I'm quite likely to be completely wrong. But didn't they let off a bomb (a nuke??) in the finale last year? Wouldn't that taint the water, and cause a sickness? Obviously, the one ep I have seen in the last 3 years won't have provided me with the info to accurately pin point the source of the sickness
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      I'll be honest, I haven't watched it recently, so I'm quite likely to be completely wrong. But didn't they let off a bomb (a nuke??) in the finale last year? Wouldn't that taint the water, and cause a sickness? Obviously, the one ep I have seen in the last 3 years won't have provided me with the info to accurately pin point the source of the sickness
      We don't know if the bomb ever actually went off. Sure, there's this alternate reality, but that could just be a way to show us what would have happened if the losties never stepped foot on the island. I'm thinking the spring was linked to Jacob and possibly the islands healing properties. Once Jacob died the water in the spring changed.

Comment

I really like this episode, I'm a huge fan of Kate, and seeing what she does in all the episode (in and out of the island) was something that I enjoyed a lot.
        Claire, finally what happened to her, I still don't understand why she is like we saw her at the end of the episode and I hope we find out soon. And if Sayid is sick well, what can be done? (besides killing him)?

Good episode, I want to see the next one right away
        sigpic
        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
          We don't know if the bomb ever actually went off. Sure, there's this alternate reality, but that could just be a way to show us what would have happened if the losties never stepped foot on the island. I'm thinking the spring was linked to Jacob and possibly the islands healing properties. Once Jacob died the water in the spring changed.
          I'm fairly sure that we're supposed to believe that the bomb went off seeing as the timeline shifted. While we don't know why exactly they shifted in time, it's a pretty good guess it had something to do with that bomb going off.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
            I've put up with time travel, parallel universes, the fountain of youth, invisible people, Egyptian Gods, prophets and a button that must be pressed every 108 minutes; but this is the point where my suspension of disbelief is stretched. No way on Earth would Kate drive Claire to the house, she's on the run from the police for murder!

Apart from that I quite liked this episode, but I still keep coming back to that one point, it just doesn't seem believable to me.
            What I find more hard to believe... that Claire willing got back into the cab, that had someone who recently held a gun to her face... just because she felt "lost" in the city and didn't know what to do.

Really... would anyone get back into a car, that someone had just hijacked with a weapon? Just because they were tired?

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
              What I find more hard to believe... that Claire willing got back into the cab, that had someone who recently held a gun to her face... just because she felt "lost" in the city and didn't know what to do.

Really... would anyone get back into a car, that someone had just hijacked with a weapon? Just because they were tired?
              If someone who'd recently held a gun in my face and probably still had it, asked me to get in a car I'd probably do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post

Nop, I wouldn't do it
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

i thought it was an average episode the only good stuff that happened was with jack and sayid.kate story was terrible there is no way you would get into the car with her and then take her to the house with you totally unbelievable the scenes with clare and kate were horrible and how did sawyer get out of the temple so easily surely there would have been more guards to stop him it was to easy in my opinion.
                  sigpic
                  The best written female character on trek ever.

Comment

They really need to kil kate off.. she's the only one that makes my blood boil,,, what a total <mod snip, no name calling please, and no circumventing the language filter>
                    Last edited by Skydiver; 15 February 2010, 04:16 AM.
                    My Story:
                    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

This one was WOW --would like to know who those"others" are and why do they want to kill Syaid and whats up with the "water",it showed more of Kates' past and the interaction with her and Claire how they hooked up and explained more about Claire's baby Aaron. So all in all this was a good espisode it also showed more of Kate and Sawyer like in the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                        i thought it was an average episode the only good stuff that happened was with jack and sayid.kate story was terrible there is no way you would get into the car with her and then take her to the house with you totally unbelievable the scenes with clare and kate were horrible and how did sawyer get out of the temple so easily surely there would have been more guards to stop him it was to easy in my opinion.
                        They did not want to kill him. Having 10 people trying to hold him down or imprison, would of put his life at risk, something they seem unwilling to do.

I think this episode was okay would of love if it went at a faster pace through.
                        It obvious that Sayid is infected with the sickness which has been mention more than a few times. The nature of this sickness I have not got a clue but I am going to guest that is what Jackub an Smokey has been guarding it all this time. Bringing people to the island was some type of test to if they could stop protecting it an go home, where ever that is.
                        I think smokey has enough an decided to leave anyhow but Jakob would not allow him to go, an so they been fighting about it for the last few centuries, until Smokey decided to kill Jacob off.
                        This makes the island a simple prison for the sickness. An Smokey an Jacob the prison guards or perhaps smokey is the guard an Jacob the governor.
                        I got the feeling we will never find out what Jacob an Smokey actually, but most likely they are egypton gods.
                        Last edited by knowles2; 15 February 2010, 06:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          I'm glad they got the Kate episode out of the way early.
                          sadly she will probably get a 2nd episode
                          sigpic

Comment

and what i thought was pointless about the episode was kate spending most of the episode looking for sawyer
                            sigpic

Comment

I think I'll just change my sig to Kate. FYI my previous sig was Dr. Keller.

The episode was good, though they've been better, but I really don't understand why do some people moan about the Kate/Claire meeting not being real. I thought that it was quite obvious by now, that the fact that these people knew each other in the original timeline is slowly dissipating into this alternative timeline. Jack reacting to Kate, both on the plane and after, Sawyer reacting to her, Claire being totally relaxed in her presence, and pulling the name Aaron from nowhere.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X