• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L.A. X, Part 2 (602)

Visit the Episode GuideLOST SEASON SIX
    LA X, PART 2
    EPISODE NUMBER - 602

Hurley leads his friends to the Temple, where he believes the Others can save Sayid's life. In L.A., Kate attempts to escape from the marshal's custody.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Special Note: Though both parts of "LA X" originally aired together,
    this thread is for the second half only! If you want to talk about
    Part 1 in particular, post in the "LA X, Part 1" thread instead.
    Last edited by Darren; 06 February 2010, 12:56 PM.

Wow!
    Okay, how many of you guessed the parallel/alternate universe, while they also jumped to present time, to find themselves beside the exploded Swan hatch?
    Due to spoilers we knew that Juliet will die, and Sayid kinda won't, they land in LA, and they also remain by the statue. But I bet, that nobody could actually guess all of it. Or am I wrong?
    sigpic

Comment

I didn't read about the Smoke Monster killing those Ajira folks, Jack and Locke's awesome scene in the alt universe, the coolness of Dogen (Japanese Other leader guy) and Lennon (His translator). Nor did I forsee liking Hurley as much as I did here, or the contents of his guitar case, Juliet seemingly knowing that there's the alt timeline (She did say, "It worked")...

So, no, I was pretty spoiled, but the surprises were a plenty and I could not predict it at all. It was... nice. The episodes were pure undulated awesome, and I can't wait for the rest of what will be a great final season of Lost.
      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

why were the japs gonna shoot the losties ? (instead of just letting them go)

Comment

Awesome, awesome episode! More questions than answers, of course, but I think we're on the path to some really good answers!

Poor Juliette. I wonder how she knew it worked? Or at least, worked somehow in some alternate dimension or something.
          sigpic

Comment

I figure we aren't allowed to swear on Gateworld, so I shall simply say. I 'REALLY' LOVE LOST!!!

Originally posted by pjt View Post
            Okay, how many of you guessed the parallel/alternate universe, while they also jumped to present time, to find themselves beside the exploded Swan hatch?
            I believe (somewhere) I actually said that there would be two 'versions' of the same time, so whilst I wasn't expecting it, I was glad to see that my thinking had worked.

Originally posted by pjt View Post
            Due to spoilers we knew that Juliet will die, and Sayid kinda won't, they land in LA, and they also remain by the statue. But I bet, that nobody could actually guess all of it. Or am I wrong?
            I didn't actually know that Sayid wouldn't die. Afterall, he is in the 'other' Universe, or whatever it is that they are in. I did know though, that he'd come back to life. The camera kept focusing on him, and I was waiting for the moment throughout the entire episode. Seeing Sayid back on his feet.

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
            I didn't read about the Smoke Monster killing those Ajira folks, Jack and Locke's awesome scene in the alt universe, the coolness of Dogen (Japanese Other leader guy) and Lennon (His translator). Nor did I forsee liking Hurley as much as I did here, or the contents of his guitar case, Juliet seemingly knowing that there's the alt timeline (She did say, "It worked")...
            Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            Poor Juliette. I wonder how she knew it worked? Or at least, worked somehow in some alternate dimension or something.
            For the latter, I figure that the dead (or dying) know a little bit more than the rest of us. Juliet (dying) would have known.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            why were the japs gonna shoot the losties ? (instead of just letting them go)
            Maybe they thought that they knew too much, or that they served no purpose? I'm more interested in knowing what that flight attendant was doing there..

Originally posted by Amalthea View Post
            Awesome, awesome episode! More questions than answers, of course, but I think we're on the path to some really good answers!
            I think we got a fair few answers actually (and yes, more questions). The 'Imposter' is actually Smokey, didn't see that coming, though it does ask the question, how did they manage to 'summon' Smokey from time to time, if it acted alone? Why would Smokey (aka, the imposter) kill Eko and others? And then let some others go?

Suffice to say, what a damn good start to the final season of Lost. I'm truly going to miss this show.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

brilliant episode.

So, the poor Smokie wants to go home
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

I don't think we've ever seen Sawyer that mad before.
                || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

ok, i get them travelling through time, the people, i don't get the van!
                  how the frak did the van travelled through time and guitar case????

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Willow View Post
                    ok, i get them travelling through time, the people, i don't get the van!
                    how the frak did the van travelled through time and guitar case????
                    It's like the raft the red shirts were on when the time flashes began. It seems like anything the losties have or are touch comes along for the trip through time.

The episode started the way i figured it would start and the end result of the incident i also figured. Even though i've read spoilers about the episode since season 5 ended, i was still blown away by the awesomeness of the episode.

I still feel bad for the real Locke. How he was used and then mocked about how pathetic he was by this not-Locke.

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                      I still feel bad for the real Locke. How he was used and then mocked about how pathetic he was by this not-Locke.
                      He also sounded a little sympathetic though, calling him admirable etc.
                      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

What a great way to kick off this final season. If this premiere was any indication, we are in for a real treat this season.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i don't know if i actually 'enjoyed' the ep(s). i was too bummed about juliet dying too.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

I like how the The smoke monster mentioned Richard was free'd from his chains.

This is an obvious indication that Richard was part of the Black Rock, as a slave/someone captured. Early in Season one when they show the ship, it's pointed out that one of the Hand-cuffs are broken... and someone got free.

This episode tied up a lot of loose ends... and it's only the first episode ! Can't wait for more.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                              I like how the The smoke monster mentioned Richard was free'd from his chains.

This is an obvious indication that Richard was part of the Black Rock, as a slave/someone captured. Early in Season one when they show the ship, it's pointed out that one of the Hand-cuffs are broken... and someone got free.

This episode tied up a lot of loose ends... and it's only the first episode ! Can't wait for more.
                              I know I will be glued to the TV every week.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                              X