Brave New World (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
    Doubt it. Not with Kring writing. He's said he doesn't write to plot, so its always off the top of his head. No planning.
    That has worked out for him at times. Other times, not so much.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

it can make a show unpredictible and more interesting that way...on the other hand, when you're 'making it up as you go along' it's too easy to get lost and go off on tangents when maybe you shouldn't
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think its great to "make it up as you go along." But I think there NEEDS to be a set beginning and a end.

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
          I'm gonna go with, in a dumpster with two to the head.
          Yes.

But it's TV, so they will concoct something far more ridiculous than the truth to entertain us right?

Comment

1. Didn't expect multiple man to be turned - nice one Matt.

2. Tracy rescuing the Bennets - dumbest deus ex machina I've seen for ages.

3. Hiro, bummer.

4. OK Claire...as they said, why didn't Hiro stop her. How does exposure benefit the specials?

Dissapointing finale.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

The one thing i liked about this episode was ironically, this is Claire Bennet and this is attempt no ive lost count

Ironically because i HATE Claire Bennet

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I think its great to "make it up as you go along." But I think there NEEDS to be a set beginning and a end.
              indeed i think thats why season 1 worked so well they had a beginning/middle/end and they still set up for season 2 plus it was fresh and unique

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              That has worked out for him at times. Other times, not so much.
              IM looking at you Peter's girlfriend whats her name? from season 2, Katy?
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 10 June 2010, 08:08 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

I just hope we get another season.
                You have already taken the first steps towards becoming.....The Fifth Race.

Comment

Originally posted by AVFan View Post
                  This was a pretty good episode, but once again, it lacked epic-ness. This would've been a great good mid-season episode, but IMO, it was a bad season (and possibly series) finale. I'm somewhat excited about the setup for the potential next season, but I always am. Maybe a cable channel will pick this up and pump some new life into it. Then again, maybe pigs will fly...
                  It was rather lackluster.. IMO it could have done with being half an hour longer in time.. That way they could have done it a bit more justice..

Indeed! It was great that Samuel wasn't killed off. I actually got annoyed at Claire for the first time in the series! I think she made a foolish decision, but nevertheless I want Season 5/Volume 6!
                  I wasn't. I was glad Claire decided to 'go public', just like she was trying to argue with Noah about last ep.. BUT that is where i felt they fell down.. If they had another 30 min of the ep, they could have gone into the actual Ramifications of that knowledge now being out there.. What was her explanation? What were the questions raised?/

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                  2)no mohinder
                  Nor matt, or any of the others. Heck we have not seen micha in the entire season.

3) still no final super powered battle
                  I disagree. we DId get to see it with Peter vs Samuel.. Tossing earth back and fourth..

4) they treat Samuel as though he has absolutely no powers without his followers.

I'll think of more.
                  It does make some sense though. THe more supers he has around him to 'draw on' the more his power is.. when they are gone though, he is weakened so much he can't do anything.

But i wonder who Peter sucked the flying power from, when he body tackled him of stage?

Originally posted by Demoniser View Post
                  It tied up Charlies storyline nicely, although quite sad. Poor Hiro, first the swordsmiths daughter and now Charlie, i'd like to see him get a happily ever after somtime , he really is the hero of the series imo.
                  It was sad seeing that Charlie was not his 'girl' anymore, but also showed that sometimes the Heroes path IS the lonely one..

I loved the good guys worked together in the end, all doing their little parts.
                  Matt turning the duplicate guy against Samuel (i forget his name)
                  Sylar redeeming himself.
                  Peter going toe to toe with samuel, using his own power against him no less.
                  Hiro teleporting everyone out while being supercharged by Ando, great teamwork
                  One good deed though is not full on redemption. BUT i loved his comment at the end "not killing him and doing something good, filled me with... joy"
                  I also loved how they all came in and said their piece, gradually winning over the other carnies to leave.

I definitely think Heroes has at least some more life in it to warrant another season while i can hope for the normal 20 odd episodes i'd be happy with a 13 episode 5th season or a small mini series tbh if it wrapped everything up now that Claire has exposed them to the world.
                  Hence why i said above, this ep really needed to have had an extra half an hour added, or better yet, they could have made it a full 2 hr Series finale. That way they COULD have addressed that "Now what" angle..

a) The origin of the super powers. Did we really get a 'proper' explanation. There was all of this use of the Helix symbol prodominantly in the first season, and the fact that the sun gives/takes away super powers somehow. It would be great to know how it all properly started.
                  I disagree. I would have rather they NOT gone into how powers were given. Cause if so, that means that maybe someone else out there, would think like Daddy Patrelli did in S3, and maybe if a drug was developed and everyone was given powers, all would be better..

b) The fallout of Claire showing her power to the world, it had to be done sooner or later, it will be interesting to see how that plays out if there is another season, i just hope its not another repeat of danko.
                  See above.

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                  Where would they detain Samuel? Can't put him in lockdown with other specials because eventually there'd be enough for him to magnify and break free. Would seem like a lot of trouble to build a custom facility just to contain him with non-special guards that could be taken out by one or more specials that want Samuel free.
                  Not if they keep him drugged up like they did with Sylar in S2/3.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Agreed! If this show does get another season, Sylar should continue his journey to redemption.
                  Very true. I would love t see a 5th season, to see exactly HOw they would have Sylar/Gabriel gain redemption.
                  First part imo would be having him actually get RID of the sylar name. No longer use it..

I don't see how next season isn't going to be alot like X-men, but I like the fact that there may be many similarities. Some will hide their abilities, some will sue them, many I think will be hated by the community just like mutants are hated in the X-Men/Marvel universe.

I actually want the show to be like X-Men in its final season, as with Claire now having revealed that some people have these abilities it may cause of group(or should I say team) to form to protect normal people form ones who would abuse the abilities for....dare I say it....evil!
                  Its not just the Xmen though. Look at Tomorrow people and other comics/shows.. Governments always seem to hate/fear those with super powers to the extent the get hunted down..

Comment

Working...
                  X