No announcement yet.

Brave New World (419)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kinda like the x-men. some heros thrive, others are victimized, others help, others need help

Maybe that's why they got rid of Samuel, too much like x-men

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      Agreed! If this show does get another season, Sylar should continue his journey to redemption.
      I second that, I wonder if Peter may end becoming the bad guy, for some reason I see a role reversal.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      or have parkman lock him in his head like he did sylar

i gotta say, sylar better not regress back to psychopath. cause i'm beyond sick and tired of his flip flopping
      Me too, too many times he stated he is good only to go bad again.

about the only 'theme' i think i could look forward to is a 'heros against a world that's afraid of them' type of thing

kinda like the x-men. some heros thrive, others are victimized, others help, others need help
      I don't see how next season isn't going to be alot like X-men, but I like the fact that there may be many similarities. Some will hide their abilities, some will sue them, many I think will be hated by the community just like mutants are hated in the X-Men/Marvel universe.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
      Maybe that's why they got rid of Samuel, too much like x-men
      I actually want the show to be like X-Men in its final season, as with Claire now having revealed that some people have these abilities it may cause of group(or should I say team) to form to protect normal people form ones who would abuse the abilities for....dare I say it....evil!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        .....I actually want the show to be like X-Men in its final season, as with Claire now having revealed that some people have these abilities it may cause of group(or should I say team) to form to protect normal people form ones who would abuse the abilities for....dare I say it....evil!
        Well any story will depend on the writing, which hasn't been stellar lately.

Isn't a group to protect normals quite similar to season 3 with Danko's group, or season 2 with "The Company"?

Claire's only chance for schooling now may be similar to X-Men though.

I thought a while back that Sylar would be a hero, but thought it'd be fun for him to have all these powers and all the heroes not trust him and get in his way of being a hero. Or Sylar doing heroic things only to have stupid circumstances happen to make him look bad no matter how good he is. He could rescue a cat from a tree, but then the tree falls to destroy a house, so he gets blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          Even if the show went on for 10 seasons, this will never happen.
          Kring doesn't seem to understand what a season finale is suppose be. Instead he gives us just another episode.
          Last edited by boyd22; 13 February 2010, 10:46 PM.

Comment

One thing about the x-men, it's a timeless story/theme. accepting others, accepting yourself, acknowledging differences, using your talents, honesty, integrity, fear, love, hate, friends, loyalty

the x-men was popular because it explored what it meant to be human by focusing on folks that weren't.
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

One thing about the x-men, it's a timeless story/theme. accepting others, accepting yourself, acknowledging differences, using your talents, honesty, integrity, fear, love, hate, friends, loyalty

the x-men was popular because it explored what it meant to be human by focusing on folks that weren't.
              and wasn't that the good parts of the Carnival and Samuel for the most part? Didn't it reform puppetmaster to a degree?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                and wasn't that the good parts of the Carnival and Samuel for the most part? Didn't it reform puppetmaster to a degree?
                Apparently not enough. He still made the wrong choices.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  Apparently not enough. He still made the wrong choices.
                  Indeed, I never trusted fatty...I mean puppetmaster form the start!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                    Indeed, I never trusted fatty...I mean puppetmaster form the start!
                    Even with best intentions, I think he would always end up on the wrong side of things.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

puppet master, ultimately, is mainly self-motivated. he'll act to either further himself, or his position with someone else

maybe, if he ever had a good 'hero' to look up to and to give his loyalty to, he'll be 'good', but i think there's always a part of him that revels in controlling others, and that part wins time and time again.

he might give his loyalty to a 'hero', but he'll never be good at heart

sigpic

Comment

Granted that I don't think puppetmaster had a conversation where he wasn't puppetting someone.

I just see a lot of X-Men in Heroes the way it is now. We've already seen the mutant hunt and a pseudo-school.

What we haven't seen is the knock-down-drag-out fight, which won't happen. Even doppleganger vs Peter/Sylar was over way before it even began.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
                          Granted that I don't think puppetmaster had a conversation where he wasn't puppetting someone.

I just see a lot of X-Men in Heroes the way it is now. We've already seen the mutant hunt and a pseudo-school.

What we haven't seen is the knock-down-drag-out fight, which won't happen. Even doppleganger vs Peter/Sylar was over way before it even began.
                          Thats one of the problems with Heroes. Every fight has been anticlimactic, they end way to fast and there dull. Even the fight between Sylar and Peter in the first seasons finale was boring. I think the only fight that was actually interesting was the fight between Peter and Sylar in The Fifth Stage, and even then there really wasn't any super powers involved.

Comment

puppet master, ultimately, is mainly self-motivated. he'll act to either further himself, or his position with someone else

maybe, if he ever had a good 'hero' to look up to and to give his loyalty to, he'll be 'good', but i think there's always a part of him that revels in controlling others, and that part wins time and time again.

he might give his loyalty to a 'hero', but he'll never be good at heart
                            A little sad, but very true. He is a lost cause IMO.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

it's almost like, they build up to the big battle...then realize that the special effects budget has run out and it gets dropped.

the plot has just gotten so convoluted and complicated that it's reached the 'why bother' stage

This is a show that would benefit a LOT from having a set 'beginning and ending', where they can tell the story with a beginning, middle, climax, ending instead of this constant build it up, drag it out, yay, we got another season, drag it out more, give a little closure, drag it out again.

sigpic

Comment

it's almost like, they build up to the big battle...then realize that the special effects budget has run out and it gets dropped.

the plot has just gotten so convoluted and complicated that it's reached the 'why bother' stage

This is a show that would benefit a LOT from having a set 'beginning and ending', where they can tell the story with a beginning, middle, climax, ending instead of this constant build it up, drag it out, yay, we got another season, drag it out more, give a little closure, drag it out again.
                                Doubt it. Not with Kring writing. He's said he doesn't write to plot, so its always off the top of his head. No planning.

Comment

Working...
                                X