• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There Is Another Sky (105)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    THERE IS ANOTHER SKY
    EPISODE NUMBER - 105

Tamara goes looking for a woman who can help her escape the virtual world, and is forced to play a game of virtual espionage to steal from a wealthy player. Joseph tries to reconnect with his son after learning about his truancy, and Daniel faces a board that wants to oust him from his company.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 02:54 PM.

Pretty good episode tonight.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Very interesting episode tonight. I believe we're starting to get some BSG backstory actually making it into Caprica. I had a very interesting idea (Spoilers for BSG)

Spoiler:
      The Cylons, being computers essentially, were better at hacking and computer related stuff than the Colonials - hence, why the Colonials had to go backwards in tech to avoid being defeated entirely on the computer front.... now, computer networking in Caprica seems to be based around virtual representations of the world. the military applications of this are quite astounding, imagine having a person wtih a holoband hacking into comptuers but they're seeing a virtual world around them - essentially creating real-time intelligence worms and viruses etc.... but then Tamara or someone else like her (another Cylon perhaps) comes along and is a GOD in that virtual world (like it shows Tamara is becoming now) - they would rule the virtual world and everything connected to the virtual world / virtual network, including military systems etc.
      This is why I believe the Colonials had to go back in technology to defeat the Cylons - remove all wireless networks and essentially prevent any links to the virtual world, therefore rendering the superior virtual beings (cylons) irrelevant.

That make sense? It would be awesome to see that develop in the series, but they said that we're not going near the Cylon war, even if the show does get picked up for S2.

Cheers
      Aussie

Comment

This is one of the best damn shows on tv right now. I am loving it. When Zoey ripped off her own arm ickk and Tamran going all bad ass killing everyone. Gotta love it.

Comment

This was a really good episode. I liked pretty much everything about it. Although my favorite parts were Tamara in the V-world. She's probably becoming a major player in New Cap City now. I do hope that we'll see more of her.
          sigpic

Comment

Great episode. I've got a feeling that, if the ratings aren't up for this episode, they will be next week.

Tamara in V world was fantastic, I really enjoyed watching her scenes. I did find myself going 'get back to Tamara' when they would cut to Josef and William though. But the part when 'A Good Lighter' kicked in at the wake-thing they were having? That was the icing on the cake for me

Comment

This show is amping up some awesome, which I like. This episode alone, we got to see Willie Adama go a little postal on that racist (Oh, if only he knew the badass he'll become), Tamara Adama going through all that hell and coming out the other side a somewhat badass gun-toting chick, and Zoe's little walk around the conference room table followed by her ripping off her own arm was just... badass (Noticing a trend yet?). Amazing that the actress playing Zoe can impress me so much by saying nothing in the past two episodes.
              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Holey Crud.

I haven't cried watching a movie in a while, but man oh man, was there feeling at the end of the episode... especially when Willy's Grandmother started singing that Tauron stuff.

Wow.
                Subspace Energy Technology Thread
                http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

1) We've got the long-awaited A-plot/B-plot now.

2) Intro sequence was different: the factory in the first Zoe-scene was lighted up and active

3) Joseph goes hunting for Tamara in V World?

4) This show took a big leap forwards plot-wise

5) Wow. WOW.

Comment

Oh MY GOD!!!! This is so awesome. Seriously I Love this show, and I am glad that I sticked to it. Tamara is bad-ass and I love the v-world, Adama is the man. And Bill kinda reminds me of a cousin of mine . Loved it overall and cannot wait for next week.
                    sigpic

Comment

the adrmial and commander music cue FTW. during the ritual with bill and joesph
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I love the virtual world! Very Matrix-like, and I love The Matrix.

Comment

Is anyone else thinking that the name of this episode is from an Emily Dickinson poem?

There is another sky,
                          Ever serene and fair,
                          And there is another sunshine,
                          Though it be darkness there;
                          Never mind faded forests, Austin,
                          Never mind silent fields—
                          Here is a little forest,
                          Whose leaf is ever green;
                          Here is a brighter garden,
                          Where not a frost has been;
                          In its unfading flowers
                          I hear the bright bee hum:
                          Prithee, my brother,
                          Into my garden come

And this "other sky" would probably be the V-world.
                          sigpic

Comment

major announcement - on friday february the 26th Neo changed his gender and his name, from that moment he only responds to name "Tamara" and virtual rapes everyone who uses word Ne0 in his presence (the internet/v-world/Matrix).
                            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

it's awesome that their finally digging into the bsg side of things.
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X