No announcement yet.

Gravedancing (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems to be a trend amongst the taurons : a planet ~run by the mafia, lawyers taking bribes, people willing to kill innocents to avenge another innocents (not that Amanda didn't deserve it : after all she is an idiot)...heck even Cain was a tauron...
    so far Tauron has been pretty much depicted as the "evil colony"

Comment

Cain was awesome Further proof that the Taurons rule.

I dont see them as evil though.
      sigpic

Comment

frakked up, then :|

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          as to amanda getting in the car...you know, rich people like her are so used to being driven that they don't think twice about it. remember, also, he was wearing the 'staff' id badge.

I think this laid a lot of ground work. such as the teacher apparently running the 'terrorist cell', but she has a contact within the political police. we see how corrupt the political police can be, conducting searches not with professionalism but with publicity in mind.

we see what is probably the beginning of the end of the holoband.

we see zoe possibly preparing herself to reveal her presence to an outsider.

we see the biggest enemy possibly being the religious police...who prosecute and enforce the laws based on waht religion a person has, not who they are, an attitude such as the tauron staffer letting Sam back stage. The religious oppression has created a 'us against the big bad' attitude
          Interesting point here, I think it comes down to "how much do Capricans know about montheism?" Answer is probably very little. The face of monotheism appears to be the STO and though Zoe's involvement says that there is more to them than just jihadi-style terrorism, that is what they are known for(even prior to the train bombing judging by comments in this ep that they were active 10 years earlier).

Therefore in Caprican eyes monotheism = terrorism and therefore the idea of a single all-knowing God doesn't seem particularly benign.
          I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            frakked up, then :|
            Perhaps to some people.
            But from what i've seen, i like the way they do things.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
              Perhaps to some people.
              But from what i've seen, i like the way they do things.
              admittedly, going rogue can be extremely tempting (IRL I mean :-)

though I'd hesitate between lawful evil & chaotic evil - not sure which one is more fun

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                admittedly, going rogue can be extremely tempting (IRL I mean :-)

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/2100/mafiask.jpg

though I'd hesitate between lawful evil & chaotic evil - not sure which one is more fun
                Chaoticly lawful evil

I would like to see if Tauron society as a whole is anything like what we see from the Adama's or if thats just one criminal element. I liked grandma Adama's joke about Tauron children playing jacks..Jaxs? with the bones of Tauron children who lose at Jacks. I wonder if its something she made up to creep out Josif of if she was refearing to an actual tradition.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                  Chaoticly lawful evil

I would like to see if Tauron society as a whole is anything like what we see from the Adama's or if thats just one criminal element. I liked grandma Adama's joke about Tauron children playing jacks..Jaxs? with the bones of Tauron children who lose at Jacks. I wonder if its something she made up to creep out Josif of if she was refearing to an actual tradition.
                  I don't know about him, but it creeped me out
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    I don't know about him, but it creeped me out
                    I liked it We need rules like that in modern sports and games
                    sigpic

Comment

I think the Taurons are a pretty obvious stand-in for Sicilians

I imagine we'll come to discover that their colony was neglected for centuries; that powerful families stepped in make traditional order from chaos, and that they still hold most of the cards now that there's a real--albeit ineffectual--government in place.
                      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I am getting annoyed with GDD and their heavy-handed BS... useless agents.

I'm also finding it a bit hard to believe that none of the other students from Zoe's school, or for that matter the whole of Caprica, haven't noticed her walking around in the V-club.

AND (going for a third here, stay with me) I just can't get over the "stylised" deco of Caprica, post-post-modern, or whatever you want to call it. It's another planet! But why does it all feel so boring and mundane. I think the original series did a better job of selling Caprica as a strange, futuristic culture hub. Here, they try ("try") to put forward differences in society and sexuality, when ultimately multiple marriages, gay relationships, and mafia-style cults, all that, it's going on here, on our planet, right now. So, what's the big deal? And then as I think more about it, I realise that these people in the Caprica/BSG world aren't human. How can they be? They aren't linked to us genetically. And there's just no way I'll swallow an explanation that tries to say we are the second evolution of humans. Rant rant rant.

So I guess at this stage, I prefer space opera to... whatever this is.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X