• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gravedancing (104)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    GRAVEDANCING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 104

Daniel Graystone agrees to go on a confrontational talk show to do damage control, not knowing that the Adamas are targeting his wife. A surprise inspection of the school brings Agent Durham closer to the STO cell leader.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 02:55 PM.

So! How about that? I think Gravedancing was yet another cool episode even though too much really didn't happen. Dialogue was nice and Backtalk with Baxter Sarno part was very, very well made. It made me feel like I was watching a real talkshow. It's nice to see the Zoebot engineer again. And Zoebot dancing! Wow.

Adamas seem to me like an extremely complicated family. I'm eager to see in which direction is the show going to take them. And I hope Keon will become a more regular character. He plays in nicely with, oh, so cute Lacy Rand.

Comment

I was wondering what the heck the bull on the dashboard is all about? A religious Icon obviouslyly but doesn't anyone know it's significance in the Tauran society?
      and Boy is Grandma tough or what?
      Are the religious things just randonly put together or are they something that BSG watchers (which I wasn't) aware of.
      I did enjoy the relationship that seem to be building between Zoebot and the engineer. Makes me wonder if he might be the one she first revelas herself to. I don't read spoilers, so this is just y take on it.
      no means no, and so does pepper spray
      Sig by The Carpenter
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
        I was wondering what the heck the bull on the dashboard is all about? A religious Icon obviouslyly but doesn't anyone know it's significance in the Tauran society?
        and Boy is Grandma tough or what?
        Are the religious things just randonly put together or are they something that BSG watchers (which I wasn't) aware of.
        I did enjoy the relationship that seem to be building between Zoebot and the engineer. Makes me wonder if he might be the one she first revelas herself to. I don't read spoilers, so this is just y take on it.
        BSG and Caprica use a lot of Greco-roman myth as a base for their religion.
        sigpic

Comment

loved the ep but i hope it doesn't turn into "who is sam going to kill this week"
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Good episode. For a moment there at the end, I thought Sam may have actually killed her.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i loved it though, how Sam played with his brothers and let im sweat a bit, that was in a way funny..^^, so good episode, awesome music! love this show, and i loved the talk show bit....and i loved when the colonial anthem were played in the radio when the engineer switched the channels, i giggled ^^
              Last edited by Sp!der; 21 February 2010, 01:43 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

I wasn't really blown away with this week's episode....most of it felt like it was just filler to be honest.

And there were a few moments that I *facepalmed* at they were so hilariously ridiculous
                - Sam's car having a bobble bull on the dash (Tauron)
                - Zoe's Cylon body....doing the Robot
                - Amanda's 'oh why yes I will get in a car with this strange tattooed man I've never met before'
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I thought this ep was pretty much filler as well.

Liked the parts with Sam the best. I'm still kinda meh on this show so far overall, but still will continue to watch in hopes it builds on the aspects I do like.

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                  The 12 colonies are named after our constellations (or the names are very close to them/derived from them. They have a somewhat complicated history in BSG. I still don't quite understand exactly how constellation patterns unique to us (because these patterns were once used on the flags of the colonies) found their way to where they did but I stopped long ago trying to make complete sense of that. )...so the symbols that go along with our constellations generally go along with theirs. Hence Tauron = Taurus the bull.

I noticed in this episode the disdain that cop seemed to have for Gemenon with something he said near the end of the ep.

In BSG, the Gemenese were considered the religious fundamentalist. They played a fairly integral role in BSG because of their religious beliefs and literal interpretations of the polytheistic sacred books (which factored heavily into the show).

The only other group know for their fundamentalist ways were those from Sagittaron who shunned modern medicine (because of their religious beliefs I think), and were generally looked down on.

Otherwise this plot with the Solders of the One are restricted to Caprica. Monotheism was still lingering around in BSG (until it was brought to the forefront again), but still looked down upon.
                  Last edited by LoneStar1836; 21 February 2010, 12:14 PM.
                  IMO always implied.

Comment

I wasn't particularly blown away by the episode either, though I think there were enough plot elements revealed for it to be just a "filler" episode. While the main focus was on the Graystones and Sam's potential assassination attempt, we did have another terror bombing (that got relatively little play due to the lack of casualties). We also know that Sister Clarice is involved enough in the terror campaign to warn her student conspirators to hide the explosives when the cops show up. Not to mention that her being warned about the raid means the STO have a mole inside the police department, most likely the woman that let Zoe's boyfriend go.

In any case, the previews for next week have me looking forward to the next episode.

Comment

i'm still scared of this Lacey storyline. i thought for sure she was in that bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i'm still scared of this Lacey storyline. i thought for sure she was in that bed.
                        I don't see that happening. I really don't.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Thanks everyone for the answers. Now I know more about the background. I didn't realize they were about the constellations. Makes sense now.
                          no means no, and so does pepper spray
                          Sig by The Carpenter
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            I don't see that happening. I really don't.
                            i hope not.

Comment

I felt it was a really good episode, especially for amanda greystone, i thought she was really good in this ep,n also loved sam in it as Josheph is clearly a whimpering whino!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                              Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                              SG1 -

Comment

Working...
                              X