• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Reins of a Waterfall (103)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    THE REINS OF A WATERFALL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 103

The Graystones deal with the fallout of Amanda's public confession, and the Adama brothers put the pressure on Daniel for another chance to see Joseph's daughter. Sister Clarice attempts to gain Lacy's confidence, hoping to find the program Zoe left behind.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 02:56 PM.

Nice ep! It was so awkward when Zoebot had to be there when her parents frakked :x And Adama is starting to show his dark side, as seen in the final scene. Didn't even realize/remember (was it in the original pilot?) that Sam Adama is gay. And somehow that Sarno guy reminded me in a good way of one real life talkshow host. Ironically, that host just got fired from the channel that owns Syfy...

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
      Nice ep! It was so awkward when Zoebot had to be there when her parents frakked :x And Adama is starting to show his dark side, as seen in the final scene. Didn't even realize/remember (was it in the original pilot?) that Sam Adama is gay. And somehow that Sarno guy reminded me in a good way of one real life talkshow host. Ironically, that host just got fired from the channel that owns Syfy...
      it was mentioned in the last episode, but caprica seems to be enlightened enough that no one really cares about sexuality, yet kinda seems having differing religious views is still a big deal

i'm confused about that host who hes meant to be, theres a bit of jon stewart but then elements of right wing types like glenn beck as well

Comment

I have no idea if the host is really meant to be anyone but somehow Conan first came to mind, not of his looks but from the jokes. But in the end, Conan is the most well-known American talk show host here in Finland and we don't get too many talk shows here... And I think it's cool they added a comedian like him to the show.

Comment

I thought Sarno was a combo of Leno and Oprah. Anyway, I enjoyed this episode more than last week. Sam's homosexuality was mentioned in passing last week. It happened so fast it was easy to miss. When he was walking with Willie before throwing the garbage can through the window, he said something like Joseph would steal away the sisters of some of his boyfriends or something to that effect.

Comment

I kinda like adama's dark side.

prior to this, he seemed to be kinda 'the poor tauran on caprica' but now we can see that there's nothing 'poor' about him. that he's dark and vicious and mean...if he needs to be.
            I wonder, however, if Sam will be his control. cause the look sam gave him at the end suggested a 'seriously brother? murder now?' attitude
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Good episode, but I missed alot as I couldn't concentrate(aftermath of a 2-part episode of Smallville that left me astounded) so I may have to rewatch it. I like the fact Zoe can now go to virtual world from the Cylon body and vice-versa.

Comment

With stories this good it's a shame how low the ratings were for Rebirth... Hopefully this upticked them. I bet the reason is the DVD release last spring and lack of real marketing.

Comment

Damn; i am really falling in love with this show. I am glad. I wasn't sure that this show could live up to BSG but so far I am really happy with it. So far Adama had been the most boring part of the show. I am glad this is turning around and we now also see the dark side of Adama. Please show, keep the good stuff flowing and I hope the ratings will get better!
                  He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                  He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                  And he's wonderful.

Comment

I got a kick out of the Leno-type host, and Zoe having to be there as her parents had sex (LOL)

Really really enjoyed seeing Adama being a bit more badass, and the influence Sam is having on Willy, as well as the music so far.

Not exactly impressed with just how much they're recycling Vancouver sci-fi actors though.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Zoe having to be there as her parents had sex (LOL)
                      At least she turned her red eye away

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                        At least she turned her red eye away
                        that was so funny.
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I am interested so far and waiting to see where it will go.
                          sigpic

Comment

there's a goa'uld on the show - anyone else spot him ?

Comment

Solid episode. Darker Adama, some funny Zoe stuff (I don't know why, but the humour coming from the robot body is just great. Last week it was her breaking the bed - ), and even a little odd appearance by whom I recognised as Kat from BSG and Joel Miner from Dollhouse. Gotta love that Vancouver acting pool!
                              ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Working...
                              X