• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebirth (102)

Visit the Episode GuideCAPRICA SEASON ONE
    REBIRTH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 102

While Zoe struggles with her new condition inside a robotic body, Lacy is invited to Sister Clarice's house for an unusual meeting. Amanda continues to work through her grief, leading to a shocking public confession.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 04 July 2011, 02:57 PM.

I think it was a really good episode. It was a bit slow in the parts with Sister Clarice and Lacy, but otherwise, I enjoyed it.

I wonder what will happen now when Amanda told the public that she believes that Zoe was responsible for the bombing. I suspect that the Graystone Corporation will see a "tiny" decline in stock value.
    sigpic

Comment

Capricas first real episode didn't really move the story that much forward, but it was still fascinating, because it gave us so much more about the society on Caprica. So Bill Adama's uncle is gay and the whole thing is dealt in the most mundane and relaxed fashion possible. Wonderful. Then there is of course the whole group marriage thing. Polly Walker's character Clarice seems to become one of those character one shouldn't judge at face value. She is married to a whole group of men and women (also, from the way Lacy reacted, a natural thing) with a much younger main husband and she smokes opium in an opium den very much like they existed around the turn of the century in China, London etc.
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

I loved this episode much more than the pilot! I really like the Cylon/Zoe transition thing, I didn't expect it to be like that. I'm already starting to like this show more than BSG!

Comment

I think one thing to remember with Caprica is that they do seem to be showing just how different caprican society is from earth's 'norms'.

For example the group marriages, the acceptance of drugs, etc

there are 12 planets worth of cultures to show or play with
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            I think one thing to remember with Caprica is that they do seem to be showing just how different caprican society is from earth's 'norms'.

For example the group marriages, the acceptance of drugs, etc

there are 12 planets worth of cultures to show or play with
            I am really, really looking forward to that!
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

This episode was very good. Much better than the pilot. So many storylines in perspective...

Comment

Originally posted by capricaabydos View Post
                Humm I was thinking the same thing , but I've only watched the pilot 6 times and I could be wrong I think the cylon that Zoe ended up inside of was at Daniel Graystones house and the other was in his lab but I could be wrong but if she ended up in the one with the combat protocols well that could be really interesting !!!!!
                The one that performed in combat well was Zoe. In this last episode, Graystone was talking to his business associate about a problem with copying the original chip or processor or whatever they stole. They were saying only the original one, the one with Zoe on it, performed well in the combat simulation.

Why Zoe is not telling her father that she's in the cylon body. I don't know. Why Dr. Graystone hasn't made the connection that his daughter is in the cylon that's acting strangely and special when he knows that he put his daughter's avatar there. I don't know that either.

I think it was cute how they switched Zoe and the cylon back and forth. I'm going to LMAO if that cylon starts wearing slinky dresses. In fact, I would love to see that. LOL

Comment

loved the whole ep the only thing i didn't like was lacy's storyline. that house dinner was weird. i really hope there not going to do what i think their going to do
                  https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    loved the whole ep the only thing i didn't like was lacy's storyline. that house dinner was weird. i really hope there not going to do what i think their going to do
                    Which is what? I forgot what happened at the house dinner. Add spoilers to tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      Which is what? I forgot what happened at the house dinner. Add spoilers to tell me.
                      i just get a sense that the teacher is what we would call mormon. being married to mulitble people at once and after the dinner scene i have a feeling she's going to try to lure lacy into this. use her younger husband to take advange of lacy

Comment

i got either that feeling or trying to befriend lacy because she's curious about the 'one true god' and wants to know more or has some other motive
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

After this episode, I really can't wait to see what happens next. Where things go from here. I definitely liked most of what they seem to be setting up.
                          sigpic
                          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                          "...phu...ah..."
                          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                            i just get a sense that the teacher is what we would call mormon. being married to mulitble people at once and after the dinner scene i have a feeling she's going to try to lure lacy into this. use her younger husband to take advange of lacy
                            Acctually, in Ancient Greek culture which Caprican is loosely based on group marriages were common
                            "I'm being extremely clever up here and there's no one to stand around looking impressed! What's the point in having you all?!" - The Doctor (#11)

Comment

Originally posted by Shpinxinator View Post
                              Acctually, in Ancient Greek culture which Caprican is loosely based on group marriages were common
                              i'm assuming this is where ron and david are going but i would prefer them not too

Comment

Working...
                              X