Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1. #1
    Probie
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3

    Chevron Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Well I've heard mixed reviews about this episode, and I wanted to know what you guys think.
    I personally LOVE this episode, its possibly one of the best episodes in season 5, if not the whole series in my opinion. The entire thing is so radically different than any other episode, I think you cant really compare it to other episodes, which is why I think a ton of people find it confusing and don't like it.

    Anything you want to add would be great, whether you like it or not.

  2. #2
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    I still think it's one of the worst eps of the entire series *shrugs* Now I love CSI LV/NY but IMO this was a very poor attempt at a CSI style ep. They can't do it, they should have left it to the people who can actually do CSI. It was also very boring, I think I yawned on a few occasions while watching it And my mind kinda wandered at times.

    And IMO it was a pointless episode. It was about time JF got his token ep but giving him this drivel, he didn't deserve that from TPTB It wasn't even "our" Shep, it was a pointless AU Shep

    As Teal'c would say "Our's is the only reality that matters" Or something along those lines


  3. #3
    Colonel Replicator Todd's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2009
    Location
    The United States of Evil
    Posts
    6,873

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    I though Vegas was fun, but I would of rather had a two-part of Enemy at the Gate. I didn't care for this episode too much. I liked it, it is one of the few episodes that I don't like to rewatch very often.

  4. #4
    Lieutenant General Southern Red's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    working on SGARising
    Posts
    16,364

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Vegas is my favorite episode of the entire series. Finally JF got to stretch his acting muscles and boy did he deliver. Why this man is not a movie star will forever remain a mystery. Everybody's acting was outstanding in this one and they did a masterful job of showing just how different these people were from our team. This John Sheppard broke my heart. The only unfortunate thing was that we got more character development on this guy than we did our Sheppard in 5 years. Shameful.

    I also liked what RCC did with the CSI homage and the music was just an added bonus. It was a refreshing change from all the mundane plots of S5. I will never tire of rewatching Vegas.

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

  5. #5
    Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    19,935

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    great ep

  6. #6
    Captain Mongoletsi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Ghetto, Manchester
    Posts
    1,489

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Southern Red View Post
    Vegas is my favorite episode of the entire series. Finally JF got to stretch his acting muscles and boy did he deliver. Why this man is not a movie star will forever remain a mystery. Everybody's acting was outstanding in this one and they did a masterful job of showing just how different these people were from our team. This John Sheppard broke my heart. The only unfortunate thing was that we got more character development on this guy than we did our Sheppard in 5 years. Shameful.

    I also liked what RCC did with the CSI homage and the music was just an added bonus. It was a refreshing change from all the mundane plots of S5. I will never tire of rewatching Vegas.
    In total agreement, 100%.
    Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...





  7. #7
    Lieutenant Colonel Lythisrose's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Basking in the Sun
    Posts
    3,530

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Vegas was also my favorite ep of the series. It focused on Shep (my favorite, if you couldn't tell), loved Rodney in it, the music, the Wraith, the photography. I actually cried at the end, which is rare for me.
    My only gripe is I really wish they had found a way to include Teyla and Ronon somehow.

  8. #8
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lythisrose View Post
    Vegas was also my favorite ep of the series. It focused on Shep (my favorite, if you couldn't tell), loved Rodney in it, the music, the Wraith, the photography. I actually cried at the end, which is rare for me.
    My only gripe is I really wish they had found a way to include Teyla and Ronon somehow.
    Well they miraculously managed to include Todd and Keller so I still don't understand why they couldn't have found a way to include Teyla and Ronon. The two foremost experts on the Wraith, the two who have lived under their grasp all their lives, the two who know more about the Wraith than any of the Atlantis expedition Yeah I have serious problems with this ep

    Bad attempt at a CSI style ep, terrible music, not our Shep (JF deserved his centric ep but it should have been our Shep, not some pointless AU version, like someone said. Can't remember who. Might have been FH or Reiko or someone. I think we learned more about AU Shep in 40 odd minutes than we ever did our Shep in 5 years :rolleyes)), two of the so-called main characters missing (yet they could fit in Rodney, Keller, Zelenka, Woolsey, TODD, yeah still trying to figure that one out :confused), way too much sand (It gets everywhere )

    The only good thing about Vegas for me was the rather hot Wraith dude


  9. #9
    Lieutenant Colonel Lythisrose's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Basking in the Sun
    Posts
    3,530

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    Well they miraculously managed to include Todd and Keller so I still don't understand why they couldn't have found a way to include Teyla and Ronon. The two foremost experts on the Wraith, the two who have lived under their grasp all their lives, the two who know more about the Wraith than any of the Atlantis expedition Yeah I have serious problems with this ep

    Bad attempt at a CSI style ep, terrible music, not our Shep (JF deserved his centric ep but it should have been our Shep, not some pointless AU version, like someone said. Can't remember who. Might have been FH or Reiko or someone. I think we learned more about AU Shep in 40 odd minutes than we ever did our Shep in 5 years :rolleyes)), two of the so-called main characters missing (yet they could fit in Rodney, Keller, Zelenka, Woolsey, TODD, yeah still trying to figure that one out :confused), way too much sand (It gets everywhere )

    The only good thing about Vegas for me was the rather hot Wraith dude
    I surely agree about Teyla and Ronon, have the complete opposite view of the music and content and yeah, that Wraith was hot!
    Oh well, "vive la difference!"

  10. #10
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lythisrose View Post
    I surely agree about Teyla and Ronon, have the complete opposite view of the music and content and yeah, that Wraith was hot!
    Oh well, "vive la difference!"
    I don't reall like the sort of heavy rock stuff *shrugs* I just think that JF deserved a centric ep with the character he's been playing for 5 years and maybe finally some background on our Shep instead of AU Shep Well If I ever watch it again it'll be to drool over I mean admire the acting abilities of the guy that played Wraith dude *adjusts halo*


  11. #11
    Captain Carter1994's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Classified. Shh...
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Personally, I found it all a bit... meh. It just all seemed so very pointless. The plastic-surgery wraith (make-up?! really?! I find it hard to believe...), the camera style, the music... the writing felt very forced, and all-in-all it simply came off as self-indulgent. They wanted to do something different, plain and simple. It's like... 24 deciding to do an episode out of real time. Andromeda with a Bones-like episode. It does not follow!

    I can't very well compare it to the rest of SGA, because, for all intents and purposes, it wasn't SGA. The manner in which Vegas and the rest of the show are related is much more similar to the way two same-universe series interact than a episode-to-episode comparison. The PTB would have been much better off to scrap this episode and use the extra slot to return EatG to two-part status.


  12. #12
    Second Lieutenant Osiristi's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    349

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Linda06 View Post
    terrible music
    I must disagree.

  13. #13
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Osiristi View Post
    I must disagree.
    Like I said, I don't like heavy rock *shrugs* And well, I thought it was very out of place in a stargate episode.


  14. #14
    Captain ktebid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2010
    Location
    With Shep - Down Under and totally innocent
    Posts
    1,866

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    I felt it diverted from the typical episode a bit too much. I cried at the end, I felt JF did a fantastic job with this AU Sheppard, but the episode itself was a bit confusing. I did wonder why they would write something like this, but it did explain how the wraith ship picked up the subspace co-ordinates for earth, and I think for this alone it was an important episode.

    I loved it, I hated it, I cried, I laughed... I drooled at JF all the way through ...so a great SGA episode in many aspects.

  15. #15
    General Blencathra's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2008
    Location
    North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    26,460

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    While pleased for fans of JF, I was extremely disappointed that there was no Ronon or Teyla in the second to last ever episode of Atlantis. I don't think I'll be watching this episode again.

    Edit - I've just thought. I can't watch it again even if I wanted to. I only bought the first three volumes of season 5
    Last edited by Blencathra; February 6th, 2010 at 01:49 AM.

  16. #16
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Blencathra View Post
    While pleased for fans of JF, I was extremely disappointed that there was no Ronon or Teyla in the second to last ever episode of Atlantis. I don't think I'll be watching this episode again.

    Edit - I've just thought. I can't watch it again even if I wanted to. I only bought the first three volumes of season 5
    Well that's more than me, i haven't bought any of s5


  17. #17
    The Monitor jelgate's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Preparing for Crisis
    Posts
    36,995

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Vegas? Whats Vegas? I have nevr heard of such a Stargate episode
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

  18. #18
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Vegas? Whats Vegas? I have nevr heard of such a Stargate episode
    ah Lindaitis strikes again Sometimes it can be a wonderful thing


  19. #19
    Major fumblesmcstupid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the closet with John and Rodney
    Posts
    2,947

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Not My John Sheppard...........*shrugs*
    Not MY Rodney McKay..........*blinks at the writers*
    Not MY Radek Zalenka...........*scratches my head*
    Not MY Richard Woolsey........*sits down and folds my arms*
    (Too bad we could not have sent Keller there)
    Not MY SGA.............

    These were not the characters that I have watched and enjoyed for most of 5 years.

    I just didn't care about them, or the episode.......

    So this was IMVHO the WORST episode of an A.U in which the physical resemblance's was used of "OUR" realities characters uh physical uh ness.
    Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

  20. #20
    General Linda06's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Scotland, the best Country in the world
    Posts
    26,721

    Default Re: Vegas : what do you think now ?

    Quote Originally Posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
    Not My John Sheppard...........*shrugs*
    Not MY Rodney McKay..........*blinks at the writers*
    Not MY Radek Zalenka...........*scratches my head*
    Not MY Richard Woolsey........*sits down and folds my arms*
    (Too bad we could not have sent Keller there)
    Not MY SGA.............

    These were not the characters that I have watched and enjoyed for most of 5 years.

    I just didn't care about them, or the episode.......

    So this was IMVHO the WORST episode of an A.U in which the physical resemblance's was used of "OUR" realities characters uh physical uh ness.
    And no Teyla and Ronon at all *sits and pouts*


Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. FAN REVIEWS: 'Vegas'
    By GateWorld in forum Vegas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: October 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
  2. EATG Vs. Vegas
    By major davis in forum Atlantis Season 5
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: September 22nd, 2009, 08:42 AM
  3. What could have made Vegas better....
    By IrishPisano in forum Vegas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: January 9th, 2009, 05:08 AM
  4. creation con: Las vegas
    By hermiod626 in forum Star Trek
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th, 2007, 02:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •