Vegas : what do you think now ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vegas : what do you think now ?

Well I've heard mixed reviews about this episode, and I wanted to know what you guys think.
    I personally LOVE this episode, its possibly one of the best episodes in season 5, if not the whole series in my opinion. The entire thing is so radically different than any other episode, I think you cant really compare it to other episodes, which is why I think a ton of people find it confusing and don't like it.

Anything you want to add would be great, whether you like it or not.

I still think it's one of the worst eps of the entire series *shrugs* Now I love CSI LV/NY but IMO this was a very poor attempt at a CSI style ep. They can't do it, they should have left it to the people who can actually do CSI. It was also very boring, I think I yawned on a few occasions while watching it And my mind kinda wandered at times.

And IMO it was a pointless episode. It was about time JF got his token ep but giving him this drivel, he didn't deserve that from TPTB It wasn't even "our" Shep, it was a pointless AU Shep

As Teal'c would say "Our's is the only reality that matters" Or something along those lines
    sigpic

Comment

I though Vegas was fun, but I would of rather had a two-part of Enemy at the Gate. I didn't care for this episode too much. I liked it, it is one of the few episodes that I don't like to rewatch very often.

Comment

Vegas is my favorite episode of the entire series. Finally JF got to stretch his acting muscles and boy did he deliver. Why this man is not a movie star will forever remain a mystery. Everybody's acting was outstanding in this one and they did a masterful job of showing just how different these people were from our team. This John Sheppard broke my heart. The only unfortunate thing was that we got more character development on this guy than we did our Sheppard in 5 years. Shameful.

I also liked what RCC did with the CSI homage and the music was just an added bonus. It was a refreshing change from all the mundane plots of S5. I will never tire of rewatching Vegas.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

great ep
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Vegas is my favorite episode of the entire series. Finally JF got to stretch his acting muscles and boy did he deliver. Why this man is not a movie star will forever remain a mystery. Everybody's acting was outstanding in this one and they did a masterful job of showing just how different these people were from our team. This John Sheppard broke my heart. The only unfortunate thing was that we got more character development on this guy than we did our Sheppard in 5 years. Shameful.

I also liked what RCC did with the CSI homage and the music was just an added bonus. It was a refreshing change from all the mundane plots of S5. I will never tire of rewatching Vegas.
            In total agreement, 100%.
            Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Vegas was also my favorite ep of the series. It focused on Shep (my favorite, if you couldn't tell), loved Rodney in it, the music, the Wraith, the photography. I actually cried at the end, which is rare for me.
              My only gripe is I really wish they had found a way to include Teyla and Ronon somehow.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                Vegas was also my favorite ep of the series. It focused on Shep (my favorite, if you couldn't tell), loved Rodney in it, the music, the Wraith, the photography. I actually cried at the end, which is rare for me.
                My only gripe is I really wish they had found a way to include Teyla and Ronon somehow.
                Well they miraculously managed to include Todd and Keller so I still don't understand why they couldn't have found a way to include Teyla and Ronon. The two foremost experts on the Wraith, the two who have lived under their grasp all their lives, the two who know more about the Wraith than any of the Atlantis expedition Yeah I have serious problems with this ep

Bad attempt at a CSI style ep, terrible music, not our Shep (JF deserved his centric ep but it should have been our Shep, not some pointless AU version, like someone said. Can't remember who. Might have been FH or Reiko or someone. I think we learned more about AU Shep in 40 odd minutes than we ever did our Shep in 5 years :rolleyes)), two of the so-called main characters missing (yet they could fit in Rodney, Keller, Zelenka, Woolsey, TODD, yeah still trying to figure that one out :confused), way too much sand (It gets everywhere )

The only good thing about Vegas for me was the rather hot Wraith dude
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Well they miraculously managed to include Todd and Keller so I still don't understand why they couldn't have found a way to include Teyla and Ronon. The two foremost experts on the Wraith, the two who have lived under their grasp all their lives, the two who know more about the Wraith than any of the Atlantis expedition Yeah I have serious problems with this ep

Bad attempt at a CSI style ep, terrible music, not our Shep (JF deserved his centric ep but it should have been our Shep, not some pointless AU version, like someone said. Can't remember who. Might have been FH or Reiko or someone. I think we learned more about AU Shep in 40 odd minutes than we ever did our Shep in 5 years :rolleyes)), two of the so-called main characters missing (yet they could fit in Rodney, Keller, Zelenka, Woolsey, TODD, yeah still trying to figure that one out :confused), way too much sand (It gets everywhere )

The only good thing about Vegas for me was the rather hot Wraith dude
                  I surely agree about Teyla and Ronon, have the complete opposite view of the music and content and yeah, that Wraith was hot!
                  Oh well, "vive la difference!"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                    I surely agree about Teyla and Ronon, have the complete opposite view of the music and content and yeah, that Wraith was hot!
                    Oh well, "vive la difference!"
                    I don't reall like the sort of heavy rock stuff *shrugs* I just think that JF deserved a centric ep with the character he's been playing for 5 years and maybe finally some background on our Shep instead of AU Shep Well If I ever watch it again it'll be to drool over I mean admire the acting abilities of the guy that played Wraith dude *adjusts halo*
                    sigpic

Comment

Personally, I found it all a bit... meh. It just all seemed so very pointless. The plastic-surgery wraith (make-up?! really?! I find it hard to believe...), the camera style, the music... the writing felt very forced, and all-in-all it simply came off as self-indulgent. They wanted to do something different, plain and simple. It's like... 24 deciding to do an episode out of real time. Andromeda with a Bones-like episode. It does not follow!

I can't very well compare it to the rest of SGA, because, for all intents and purposes, it wasn't SGA. The manner in which Vegas and the rest of the show are related is much more similar to the way two same-universe series interact than a episode-to-episode comparison. The PTB would have been much better off to scrap this episode and use the extra slot to return EatG to two-part status.

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                        terrible music
                        I must disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Osiristi View Post
                          I must disagree.
                          Like I said, I don't like heavy rock *shrugs* And well, I thought it was very out of place in a stargate episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

I felt it diverted from the typical episode a bit too much. I cried at the end, I felt JF did a fantastic job with this AU Sheppard, but the episode itself was a bit confusing. I did wonder why they would write something like this, but it did explain how the wraith ship picked up the subspace co-ordinates for earth, and I think for this alone it was an important episode.

I loved it, I hated it, I cried, I laughed... I drooled at JF all the way through ...so a great SGA episode in many aspects.

Sigs by the lovely CSOM, Sonja and from the Tokrafans community on LJ.

Comment

While pleased for fans of JF, I was extremely disappointed that there was no Ronon or Teyla in the second to last ever episode of Atlantis. I don't think I'll be watching this episode again.

Edit - I've just thought. I can't watch it again even if I wanted to. I only bought the first three volumes of season 5
                              Last edited by Blencathra; 06 February 2010, 01:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X