This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Prometheus Thunk/Appreciation Thread

Over the two years in which it has existed, the BC-303 Prometheus has proven itself to be a valuable asset and has almost become a character in it's own right. The Prometheus is the most advanced piece of technology in our arsenal, and it is just the first of many. This thread is for disscussion, appreciation and just chatter on anything Prometheus related, such as episodes, technology, characters and anything else you can think of. Positive and negative discussion are both allowed as well. So, if you don't mind, post away!

ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

I never figured out why, when the Prometheus first appeared, it was critized for being ugly. Or unrealistic! I thought the design was a well deserved departure from Star Trek and other Scifi shows with ships.

I especially like how Stargate continues to feature the Prometheus in at least one episode every season, since it's creation. And not allowed it to turn into Stargate: Prometheus. Job well done to the writers
    "Good Morning Dr. Silberman. How's the knee?" - Sarah Connor 1994

Comment

I'd like to see someone *Thunk* over the Prometheus , but I definatly appreciate it, I don't really admire it's looks, the general shape is Ok but I would cirtainly make a few modifications myself (Particularly the rocket like engines at the back).

It would be nicer if we saw it more than once per season, seeing as a Prometheus based show might be a little repetative, although in SG-1 it is cirtainly a welcome break, Prometheus Unbound and Grace cirtainly did it justice, although the interior also seems a little unrealistic.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
        It would be nicer if we saw it more than once per season, seeing as a Prometheus based show might be a little repetative, although in SG-1 it is cirtainly a welcome break, Prometheus Unbound and Grace cirtainly did it justice, although the interior also seems a little unrealistic.
        i agree. we need more prommie eps, and maybe even a several episode arc. i'm hoping it will play a role in the series finale as well. and although i haven't seen prometheus unbound, prommie episodes have been pretty good in the past.

Prometheus - 6
        Natural Selection - 6
        Memento - 6
        Grace - 7
        Lost City, Part 2 - 7
        New Order, Part 2 - 8
        Endgame - 8
        Prometheus Unbound - 8

ok, so s7 lacked a bit of prommie-ness, but i believe it made up for that in lost city part 2. so we do see it more than once a season now that i think about it, but still...

not as many posts as i had hoped, but hey, ill take what i can get.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
          I never figured out why, when the Prometheus first appeared, it was critized for being ugly. Or unrealistic! I thought the design was a well deserved departure from Star Trek and other Scifi shows with ships.
          again, i agree. i thought the prometheus design was actually very creative, but it's hyperdrive engines do somewhat model after star trek warp nacelles. but could never figure out where the bridge is. is it on that tower near the back of the ship, or is it on the very, very front?

Comment

Prometheus im probly the only one who thinks that ship looks cool and i don't know why ever person thinks a space ship should be look nice and prety. when makeing a ship to fight the goua'ld who cares how it looks as long as it gets the job done.

Comment

I love Prommy.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs View Post
                I love Prommy.
                to bad it went boom

Comment

We all know it just Ascended, anyway. So sleek and sexy *cough* turns on with such powerful...force...

Comment

we could make a Prometheus wrump thread

Comment

I loved the X-303! I really liked 'Memento' from season 6 and 'Prometheus Unbound' from season 8. I like the 304's, but the Prometheus will be the first Earth ship that stands out for me. But alas, all good things come to an end and the evil Ori had to blow it up!

I liked it so much, my license plate says 'X 303'
                      sigpic

Jaffa Kree!

Comment

Working...
                      X