Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propworx Stargate Auctions Discussion

Hey, GateWorld forum!

Propworx just launched the premiere of our year-long Stargate auction series on eBay! Click here to see the items currently up for sale.

The co-editor of GateWorld -- yours truly -- has boots on the ground at the LA-based company, and is here to answer any of your questions about the auction, as well as to maintain a discussion about what we're doing and what's to come.

So check out StargateArtifacts.com, our eBay items for sale, and own a piece of history.

If you would like a preview of a couple of the items I am working on, check out this thread and help me identify the more obscure ones!
    Last edited by David; 26 January 2010, 09:54 AM.

Hi David,
    While I'm excited to see these items and it would be so cool to actually own some of them, I have been reading here at GW and at various other internet sites a prevailing sentiment that this truly signals the end of any possibility of the SG1 or SGA movies.
    David Hewlett even twittered that we should all buy the stuff so we can make the movies ourselves!
    So the auction is a bit bittersweet.
    Do you know if they will be able to make the movies now, given the number and quality of items that are being auctioned?
    Thanks

Comment

What fate Stargate?

Comment

The concerns you guys have are very valid.

Unfortunately, I do not have any information on MGM's plans for the franchise. I work for Propworx, and what I know is we have been given the opportunity to get these awesome collectibles into the hands of the Stargate fans who want them the most. That's what I was brought aboard to facilitate.

Beyond the Propworx auctions, these questions are best left answered to someone who actually KNOWS the answers (not me! ) and on top of that, need to be asked in a more appropriate thread. This thread is for the discussion of the auctions, the items themselves, and Propworx!

Comment

Thanks David for your answer.
          So, more on topic:
          Over how many months do you anticipate the auctions running?
          I see that the Shep Wrist Band is already going for over $100 (Daniel's glasses are already over $500!), but on your webpage there were 2 listed. Will a second one be going up for auction later on?
          Also someone noted elsewhere that with so many items coming "due" at almost the same time at the end of the auction it will lessen the ability of individual bidders to "last minute bid up" each item.
          By that I mean that if you are occupied bidding for one item the others you wanted will expire while you are actively engaged in bidding for that first one.
          So wondering if they could be released an hour or so apart to give more people a chance (and you could get more $ for them).
          Also have seen several people wondering if any of the $ goes to charity?
          Thanks

Comment

Hey Lucylee!

We have eBay auctions lined up weekly throughout the year, culminating in live auction events currently scheduled for August and November. As to the quantities of any particular item, I can tell you that in many cases we have backups of certain props (We have a few of Sheppard's wrist bands) but other things we have only one of. Each eBay auction is a mix of both kinds, in all different price ranges, in an attempt to catch the interest of the widest variety of buyers, whether they are willing to spend 25 dollars or $2,500.

So not everything is going to go for hundreds! Lord knows I want some of these things too!

The "Last minute bidding" point you make is a good one. I will share it with the others here at the office. Perhaps Alec will chime in on charities, because I do not know.
            Last edited by David; 26 January 2010, 10:05 AM.

Comment

one question: Once you got the Travellers Pistol, how long before you were running around going "pew pew"?

And, along a more serious note: HOW BIG IS THAT WAREHOUSE!?! You know, in the background of all the photos, its not ALL SG stuff is it!?!

On the subject of the warehouse: found the Ark of the Covenant yet?
              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Hey, Choo!

Funny you asked about the Traveler Blaster. Someone just emailed me to ask me about the handle, so I had it out, and I was pretending I was Ronon for a second there.

Our warehouse is 8,000 square feet, and ALL Stargate! GateWorld has an exclusive tour of the whole space heading your way on our video feed, GateWorld Play.

Haven't found the Ark of the Covenant, but I did find the Ark of Truth!

Last edited by David; 26 January 2010, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Hey, Choo!

Funny you asked about the Traveler Blaster. Someone just emailed me to ask me about the handle, so I had it out, and I was pretending I was Ronon for a second there.

Our warehouse is 8,000 square feet, and ALL Stargate! GateWorld has an exclusive tour of the whole space heading your way on our video feed, GateWorld Play.
                  Wow, sounds like Warehouse 13.... watch out for ferrits!

Comment

Geek

Haven't found the Ark of the Covenant, but I did find the Ark of Truth!
                    SWEET!!!

Now don't but it on a one legged table or any other type of doggy furniture! (The Ori weren't defeated by SG1. They were defeated by Ikea )
                    Last edited by David; 26 January 2010, 02:37 PM. Reason: Removed picture.
                    [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Hey David, do you guys have any gouald healing devices? and do you only have one hand device?

Comment

Heya David,

A few questions if thats okay. Will there be many working helmets and stunt helmets? After seeing the estimate for a working helmet on scifiwire I am iffy (i suppose I am basing prices still on the old legends auctions which full suits went for) but if there are going to be a good few helmets it will give us a good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by coltp9302 View Post
                          Hey David, do you guys have any gouald healing devices? and do you only have one hand device?
                          Hey, Coltp9302! To be honest, I have yet to come across any Goa'uld healing devices. But we are still cataloging. And as for the hand device, yes, we only have one. It's going to be featured in one of our live auctions later this year!

Comment

Originally posted by kwalsh000 View Post
                            Will there be many working helmets and stunt helmets? After seeing the estimate for a working helmet on scifiwire I am iffy (i suppose I am basing prices still on the old legends auctions which full suits went for) but if there are going to be a good few helmets it will give us a good chance.
                            If you're referring to the Jaffa helmets, I'm afraid a very limited number of these things were ever made, and pretty much all of them are going to be involved in the live auction I would imagine. If you want one, you're definitely going to want to keep your eyes peeled for the announcement!

Comment

Dont know what happended to my last reply

Anyways, thanks for that David! I was expecting as much as a few have been sold over time (guess its time to start saving for the live auctions). Is there only one working one and the other small number stunt rubber ones (if its okay to ask) and is there only one Horus helmet? Also again if you dont mind me asking will there be any Unas prothetics? (the only parts im missing to completing my screen used Jaffa and Unas )

Comment

Working...
                              X