No announcement yet.

Repairing the destiny

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We saw the seeder ship stopped, and the immense power reserves. We do not know why it was stopped. It didn't appear to be in any disrepair or drifting, or really damaged at all. It could have stopped for several reasons IMO:

To allow destiny to dock and dial earth, to request repairs.
    To allow destiny to dock, dial earth or other place to request repairs for the seeder ship.

I hardly think destiny was intended to repair this ship after all this time. There could have been some automated distress call the seeder ship put out, don't know. I'm sure Telford will end up alive and communicating on some level with the aliens that were hibernating on the ship. We do know destiny has automated repair drones, and the seeder ship looked to have gates, power, and possibly the facilities to repair destiny. I'd like to see the power reserves repaired personally. I realize that "the wrong people making due in space" is the motif behind this series, but would like to see some back and forth and new characters. Other characters could be involved on earth from who were once on the ship, introducing an earth conflict / conspiracy element to the plot lines.

Comment

If they ever do use a seeder ship to repair Destiny (which I doubt will happen) then it will most likely be in the form of salvaging, not manufacturing. The seeder ships, as far as we know, make Stargates and only Stargates. There's no indication that these things are flying factories to make you whatever you want. It would be incredibly costly on the Ancients part to build all of those seeder ships to build whatever they need, when all they need is for them to seed Stargates. If you wanted to repair Destiny with a seeder ship, your best bet would be to scuttle parts of the ship and patch up Destiny. But the damage seems very extensive, and I don't think the crew has all of the tools and equipment necessary to do that sort of thing.

After all, the main premise of the show is a bunch of rag-tag people, ill-equipped and no experience with this sort of thing, trying to survive on the other side of the universe.
      We believe in the systematic understanding of the physical world through observation and experimentation, through argument and debate, but, most of all, freedom of will.
      —Alteran Woman

"It annoys me that the burden of proof is on us. It should be 'You came up with the idea, why do you believe it?' I could tell you I've got superpowers, but I can't go up to people saying 'Prove I can't fly' They'd say "What do you mean 'prove you can't fly?' Prove you can!"
      —Ricky Gervais

Comment

Spoiler:
        what about rush finding the control room, it might help

Comment

it could. but how? and they mentioned repairing the courtyard. i'm hping it's a nice place when it's done.
          An Axe age, A Sword age, Shields are sundered,
          A Wind age, A Wolf age, Ere the World falls,
          And no Man shall spare Another.

Driving fast has never killed anyone. Suddenly coming to a halt, that has killed many, many people

The Pope, an Irishman and an Italian are walking down a street, when one of them says "Hey look guys! A bar!"

Comment

It'll be a very big greenhouse, assuming Young lets them work on it rather than continuing to repair the weapons.

Comment

i thought dr.parks said they'd like to turn it into a bigger hydroponics... i think it has a specific purpose maybe a meeting room for all crew, gym game courts, ... imo the more we get to see the Destiny and its rooms learn its secrets or even just give different rooms for more varied scenes.

Comment

how can destiny fly through a star with all the heat preasure and radiation but when it fot hit of the nutron star nearly get destroyed surely being in the middle of a star is just as bad

Comment

Originally posted by doysh121 View Post
                  how can destiny fly through a star with all the heat preasure and radiation but when it fot hit of the nutron star nearly get destroyed surely being in the middle of a star is just as bad
                  Because in the former case it has an unlimited supply of power.

Comment

Originally posted by doysh121 View Post
                    Well for one, it wasn't necessarily the Neutron Star's specific characteristics that was damaging Destiny. It was part of a binary-pulsar star system and the collective radiation bursts (which were far more substantial) really served to deplete Destiny's shields more quickly.

It's likely that Destiny is designed to charge up from a specific star type (like our sun—being that it originated in our solar system), so it seeks our stars similar to our own whenever it needs to recharge it's systems.

Comment

I think that repairing the dome room should be their priority now. Not only will it allow they to grow considerably more food and medicinal plants, the hole in the dome is considerable and fixing could give the shields a major boost.
                      sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Wouldn't it be extremely easy to send people home now?
                        Just drive the ship in a star and use the energy to call home.
                        The very good thing would be to do also the opposite, to send real experts (and more military) to the ship, but that's a problem, being that earth doesn't have enough energy.

Comment

That would just blow Destiny up.

Comment

Originally posted by kache View Post
                            Wouldn't it be extremely easy to send people home now?
                            Just drive the ship in a star and use the energy to call home.
                            The very good thing would be to do also the opposite, to send real experts (and more military) to the ship, but that's a problem, being that earth doesn't have enough energy.
                            Have you actually watched season 1? I'll refresh your mind.

Spoiler:
                            They tried that. Many energy conduits are badly damaged and rerouting all the energy trough the remaing ones is plain careless. Even secondary system are out of the question. And any expert they need is easily brough in trough the Stones. And again, happened in Season 1.
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

No, it's not possible.
                              "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Alx View Post
                                yup they have as seen in "the quest" part 1&2 merlin had one of those devices so the ancients def had the tech.
                                But how far in the past was destiny launched, compared to when "merlin" made that device?

Originally posted by tinerin View Post
                                Actually, Mallozzi said on his blog that the Destiny has some ability to repair itself...which is very vague because we still don't know what parts of the ship it can repair by itself or how long it takes to repair...
                                Wouldn't that be the repair bot?

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                                Depending on the capabilities of the repair systems. May be the ancients only design the engines an navigation systems an shield systems to be self repairing. As they were the mission essential systems at least from what we been told.
                                When why has our team been seen to be hand repairing them if they were 'self repairing'?

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                                I can only imagine lol.

Young: What is it you found Eli
                                Eli: Pit droids!
                                Young: What?
                                Eli: Pit Droids! Starwars Episode 1 anyone?
                                You can just imagine Young's face when Eli says that.. Oh wait, he is in stasis!

Originally posted by Laertes View Post
                                If they found a planet with naquada on it, could they pull together a generator? Rush or Eli seem to have the skills to make it happen, and Greer's good at improvising things.
                                They may have the know how, but do they have the tools?

Originally posted by sandtiger View Post
                                The ship likely does have repair systems that have probably been damaged themselves over the centuries. Perhaps not working at all anymore or just working at such minimal levels due to damage to the repair system itself.
                                Thats a good point tiger. Maybe the self repair systems themselves are damaged and/or offline.

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                                By that i meant, pre Faster than light capable ships.

They had replicators by then. And if i had made an enemy of super inteligent nano machines, i wouldnt want them all over my ships and cities, ready to be reprogramed to work against me.
                                And as far as we know, the Goa'uld could have got their nano tech from earlier ancient stuff left over in our galaxy.
                                I don't think they had replicators back then let alone the nanno tech of the Asurans..

Comment

Working...
                                X