This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Stargate Birthday .Warning, some large pictures within

So December 31 is my birthday. Now it started off a little rough because due to some financial problems we had to cancel part of our cable service, the part that airs Stargate; breaks my heart but it is what needs to be done. So I made it halfway through season 8 and I was looking forward to the Battlestar Galactica series but alas, I'll miss it. (However I have a sister-in-law that has a DVR who loves seeing our new daughter so I think I'm going to try and get them to record the shows for me and we'll stop by every weekend to let her see the little one for oh say 3 hours or so! ha ha )

But as I was saying, yesterday was my birthday and I knew something was amiss. My wife and brother were in cahoots which always frightens me. So when I walk in the door after getting off work (I actually got off work early but I was told not to come home so I went and parked in a parking lot near the house and called a buddy of mine on the cell, 50 minutes later the cops pulled up wanting to know what was going on and making sure I was alright . . . there's more to that story but it's a bit long and this will be long enough) So anyway when I walk into the door my brother runs up to me and tapes something on my forehead . . .

Ok funny enough but I'm still not sure what is going on, since mind you I didn't see what he put on my head. Though I had some idea . . .

So I go into my kitchen and what do I see setting on my table. The first thing I noticed were the plates.

Across the bottom it reads 'Happy Birthday Samuel' and the glyphs around the rest of the plate he copied from the Season 1 box set that he got me for my present.

But that's not all, there was the cake . . . and the two action figures . . .

That's 4 layers there, he carved them and stacked it all up. The action figures . . . since they don't make them to our knowledge, he made out of GI Joe figures. Teal'c's staff is made out of some Cobra decorations; he painted them, . . . actually had to shave the Teal'c figure. I was quite impressed. What I really thought was funny was how it looked when we lit all the candles, just like coming upon a Ha'tak at night . . .

28 candles . . . not too much room for anything else. So after I blew out all the candles, in one breath I might add, we started slicing into his creation. After we had a few slices off we thought it'd be funny to do a little posing.

So, we got this of Jack & Teal'c searching for Apophis . . .

Yea corney perhaps but we thought it was funny!

All in all I had a great time! Though I knew something was going to happen I was still surprised at all my brother did. Another buddy of ours came over and made his famous taco's which we all ate too much of.

Now with all this you might be curious as to how we brought in the New Year's . . . well believe it or not our festivities had nothing to do with Stargate. We actually cue'd up Transformers:The Movie from back in the 80's. Roughly 4 minutes into the film a narrator comes on and says, "It is the year 2005" which worked out perfectly! Right as we hit midnight he said that line. That buddy that made the taco's said he'd been waiting 19 years to do that! It was really awesome!

At any rate, thanks for reading . . . my brother, though not a big Stargate fan himself, understands our obsession.

From our's to your's . . . Happy New Year!!!

That must have been one of the coolest birthday celebrations ever...

Thanks for sharing!!

Comment

LMAO!

I'm so jealous!

That is so cool!

Love the cake and the plate! That's awesome.

Thanks for sharing.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
      Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Wow, that must have been a party
        Happy Birthday

And thanks for sharing the pics

Comment

I'm a little jealous...

...But I'm glad you had a good day
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Wow!

My birthday was yesterday too!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Comment

Originally posted by dpgiffin
              Wow!

My birthday was yesterday too!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!

Well Happy Belated Birthday to a fellow 'squeker'!

'Squeker'=a baby that squeks in at the end of the year so the parents get a nice tax break!

Comment

WOW!!!!

That's so cool!!!!

Love the plate! And the cake...and everything!

It's just awesome!

Thanks for sharing and Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Comment

What a great birthday! Congratulations!!
                  The Eye of Botox has been formally recognized by the System Lords! Beware my fire-y wrath!!

by Nikkirose

Comment

Incidently,

If anyone wants like the plates or whatever, I think my brother could make some copies. Of course I doubt you'd want the 'Happy Birthday Samuel' message on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
                      So December 31 is my birthday. Now it started off a little rough because due to some financial problems we had to cancel part of our cable service, the part that airs Stargate; breaks my heart but it is what needs to be done. So I made it halfway through season 8 and I was looking forward to the Battlestar Galactica series but alas, I'll miss it. (However I have a sister-in-law that has a DVR who loves seeing our new daughter so I think I'm going to try and get them to record the shows for me and we'll stop by every weekend to let her see the little one for oh say 3 hours or so! ha ha )

But as I was saying, yesterday was my birthday and I knew something was amiss. My wife and brother were in cahoots which always frightens me. So when I walk in the door after getting off work (I actually got off work early but I was told not to come home so I went and parked in a parking lot near the house and called a buddy of mine on the cell, 50 minutes later the cops pulled up wanting to know what was going on and making sure I was alright . . . there's more to that story but it's a bit long and this will be long enough) So anyway when I walk into the door my brother runs up to me and tapes something on my forehead . . .

Ok funny enough but I'm still not sure what is going on, since mind you I didn't see what he put on my head. Though I had some idea . . .

So I go into my kitchen and what do I see setting on my table. The first thing I noticed were the plates.

Across the bottom it reads 'Happy Birthday Samuel' and the glyphs around the rest of the plate he copied from the Season 1 box set that he got me for my present.

But that's not all, there was the cake . . . and the two action figures . . .

That's 4 layers there, he carved them and stacked it all up. The action figures . . . since they don't make them to our knowledge, he made out of GI Joe figures. Teal'c's staff is made out of some Cobra decorations; he painted them, . . . actually had to shave the Teal'c figure. I was quite impressed. What I really thought was funny was how it looked when we lit all the candles, just like coming upon a Ha'tak at night . . .

28 candles . . . not too much room for anything else. So after I blew out all the candles, in one breath I might add, we started slicing into his creation. After we had a few slices off we thought it'd be funny to do a little posing.

So, we got this of Jack & Teal'c searching for Apophis . . .

Yea corney perhaps but we thought it was funny!

All in all I had a great time! Though I knew something was going to happen I was still surprised at all my brother did. Another buddy of ours came over and made his famous taco's which we all ate too much of.

Now with all this you might be curious as to how we brought in the New Year's . . . well believe it or not our festivities had nothing to do with Stargate. We actually cue'd up Transformers:The Movie from back in the 80's. Roughly 4 minutes into the film a narrator comes on and says, "It is the year 2005" which worked out perfectly! Right as we hit midnight he said that line. That buddy that made the taco's said he'd been waiting 19 years to do that! It was really awesome!

At any rate, thanks for reading . . . my brother, though not a big Stargate fan himself, understands our obsession.

From our's to your's . . . Happy New Year!!!
                      What a neat birthday party!! Loved the Jack and Teal'c figures!!
                      Happy Birthday to you and Hope it's a great year for your family!! enjoy

Comment

Congratulations

I really, really liked the plates. Handmade or bought?

Comment

Wow, that must have been sooome birthday. Happy birthday, man. Can you send a peice of that cake?
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
                            love the plate

Gatebee

Comment

That was ace - what great family & friends! Happy Birthday!
                              Oy-Vey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X