No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. I'm looking forward to that interview. I hope we don't have to wait long. Amanda is the interview queen.

Comment

Just found this on the French website. Don't know where they found it!

Spoiler:
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
        Just found this on the French website. Don't know where they found it!

Spoiler:
        Nice pic! Thanks!

I think I saw it on the sanctuary forum also...

Anyhoo, see the medical texts? Do you think she is a psychiatrist? Or maybe just general texts/ props - I think some hematology, anarchical society ( ), neurology text there also. Who knows...

May will reveal ALL,

or at least some!
        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
        Quint Studer

Comment

im liking the hair.
          is this only going to be out on the internet or is it also on tv?
          do we know when its coming out and what we have to pay to see each episode?
          sigpic
          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

It's the "Heart In Blood" book on the left that's got me intrigued
            sigpic

Comment

yay, theres a psychology book in the pic, sorry sad i know but its kinda my subject hence the yay

thanks for the pic

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                im liking the hair.
                is this only going to be out on the internet or is it also on tv?
                do we know when its coming out and what we have to pay to see each episode?
                It won't be on TV, but they are looking at releasing on DVD.
                Don't know the release date yet. First 4 episodes will be free and then pay for each one after. No pricing yet.
                William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                Anon

Comment

there's SOOOO much potential in the sanctuary saga. just think...

helen's 157 years old. just what has she seen/witnessed in this time?

i'd *love* to see flashbacks to helen's times during the decades. imagine a 60s flowergirl helen , or gun-slinging cowgirl helen, or helen of the 1920s... the list goes on with what we could see of the many eras of helen. i can't wait!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

.......ATTENTION EVERYONE.......

I'm proud to announce that SanctuaryFans.com is NOW LIVE!!!!

Hey now, Myrth and I told ya it was coming.

http://sanctuaryfans.com/

This is a way cool site (imho) and I'm proud to say I had the honor of working on it with the genius that is Myrth.

BTW...three cheers goes to Myrth for her fantastic script wizardry, without which we'd have a pretty design that couldn't do all that much. You GO girl.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Hi Everyone,

This is kinda OT but I just got home from Church and before I head off to bed, I wanted to wish everyone a
                      Happy Easter!!!

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

A new Google group has been created for Sanctuary.
                        http://groups.google.com/group/sanctuary_for_all/
                        Several zip files have been added to the files area of the group that contain the scenes from the Teaser and Trailer with the audio already removed. So, for those of you who haven't chopped up the trailer into clips yet, we've saved you some work.
                        Go forth and create!
                        William Shakespeare

Anon

Comment

After seeing the first three episodes of season 1 i'am excited about seeing whats to come and i'am evan more exited about finding out more about Helen where she's been , what she has encounterd who she's loved and what other sectrets she has had to hide and also if she could have a darkside that we have yet to see .

1.Could Helen have a darkside like Druitt?
                          2.Could the cure for her be in Ashley?
                          3.When did she notice a change in Driutt?
                          4.How did she hide her preganacy from Druitt?
                          Last edited by helenmagnus23; 14 October 2008, 02:06 AM.
                          sigpic
                          (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                            After seeing the first three episodes of season 1 i'am excited about seeing whats to come and i'am evan more exited about finding out more about Helen where she's been , what she has encounterd who she's loved and what other sectrets she has had to hide and also if she could have a darkside that we have yet to see .

1.Could Helen have a darkside like Druitt?
                            2.Could the cure for her be in Ashley?
                            3.When did she notice a change in Driutt?
                            4.How did she hide her preganacy from Druitt?
                            Interesting questions

1) No I don't she has a darkside like Druitt. I think she is lonely and doesn't care what others think of her. She seems compassionate toward her patients and still after 130+ years enjoys learning and discovering different abnormals. I do wonder after all her years of fighting and protecting if she ever gets tired of the fighting, especially with no end in sight. She could still be fighting for another century. I think that would take it's toll mentally and physically.

2) I think it depends on how Helen got the gift/curse and when she got it. Still too early to tell.

3) When did she notice a change in Druitt? That's a good question. I hope they explore that in flashbacks this season or next Since they have made changes to other character's back story I'm not going to rely on the webisodes. In the opening credit there is a diploma for Helen from a Medical School. Was Druitt her first patient in a regular clinic or at the Sanctuary? I think that's an important distinction and it will clarify if he was abnormal before they met? And how does Helen's blood change him? Did he already have his power and it just allowed him to live longer? Or when her blood mixed with his DNA the side effects were his power rather than being immortal?
                            Spoiler:
                            In the websidoes John was not immortal he could bend time and dimension that's how he was able to be in present time. Does he still have that power?
                            Helen didn't explain in the episode how old John is or how he is able to be in this time period... only that she is 157 years old. So we are still waiting on John's explanation.

4) I think John knew she was pregnant. I don't think she hid it from him. In the episode
                            Spoiler:
                            where Helen, Ashley and John are in Helen's office. Helen acted like he already knew who Ashley was that it wasn't a secret between them. The only one oblivious was Ashley.
                            I think he knew all along Helen was pregnant. The question in my mind is how did he know what she looked like and she was born in this century? Did he just ask around... or has he been keeping tabs on them? He must have found out at some point that she froze the embryo, because it has been 130+/- years since they were engaged and he knew Ashley was his daughter. So still lots of questions to be answered

Comment

Ive been thinking about the episode The Five and what Druitt said to Helen at the end of the Sanctuary For All do you think that Helen had to give the other's some of her blood or do you think she can trust the rest of The Five ?
                              sigpic
                              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                                Ive been thinking about the episode The Five and what Druitt said to Helen at the end of the Sanctuary For All do you think that Helen had to give the other's some of her blood or do you think she can trust the rest of The Five ?
                                Every show has to have an adversary, there has to be conflict. I think John is Helen's advisory and the Five is the Sanctuary's. I think the Others and the cabal all work for the Five. Episode 3 spoilers
                                Spoiler:
                                Helen went to the location hoping to discover a liquid that promised longevity... or something of that nature... and that's when they discovered the three sisters.
                                What if the Five have their own abnormal Sanctuary but it's not a safe haven. What if they are responsible for Helen's longevity? Helen is trying to keep the location of the Sanctuary a secret. Is it just to protect the patients/residents from the outside world, or is their a more sinister group she is trying to protect them from. All of this is jut my opinion I haven't read any spoilers about the Five except that they promise it will be revealing episode.
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 01 December 2008, 12:52 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                                X