No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to beta test, yeah load of people email damian back about this. Basicly he will tell us how and what we are going to beta test when the time is ready.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
      I have a question.

I sent an email to participate. I got a response saying to sign up as a beta tester, but I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Any suggestions?
      I don't think you have to do anything actually...I think they will contact you or something... I am not sure thought but if you got the mass e-mail then you are in the beta-group...Well that is my understanding of things...
      Anyone know the real thing about that???

Comment

Not really, i got a reply saying that i didnt need to do anything.
        You have signed up for Beta testing by responding to the mail so THANKS!

Dan Woodland
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
          I don't think you have to do anything actually...I think they will contact you or something... I am not sure thought but if you got the mass e-mail then you are in the beta-group...Well that is my understanding of things...
          Anyone know the real thing about that???
          Originally posted by immhotep View Post
          Not really, i got a reply saying that i didnt need to do anything.
          Originally posted by starrgazer
          I replied to the initial email asking how I could sign up, and got a reply saying 'you just did'.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
          Starr
          Thanks y'all. I appreciate it.
          sigpic

Comment

Hey all! Quick announcement for ya. Stay tuned for sanctuaryfans.com to be showing up within the next week and a half. Yes we're moving fast because the time is now.

Myrth has already set up the new link to the Sanctuary forum at http://forum.sanctuaryfans.com/

Now...go forth and spread the word.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

So, any word yet about more interviews for Amanda? I mean, we all know that the internet is far-reaching on it's own, but I sincerely hope that Amanda will still be doing interviews. Perhaps there will be a flurry of them the week that Sanctuary goes live. (You know - when a movie is about to come out, all of a sudden the lead actors are on every talk show the week leading up to it.) She can plug Sanctuary, talk about the final SG-1 eps and her move to SGA. I'd think that all TPTB would want her to have as much exposure as possible!!!

Anxiously awaiting more Amanda...
              sigpic
              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                So, any word yet about more interviews for Amanda? I mean, we all know that the internet is far-reaching on it's own, but I sincerely hope that Amanda will still be doing interviews. Perhaps there will be a flurry of them the week that Sanctuary goes live. (You know - when a movie is about to come out, all of a sudden the lead actors are on every talk show the week leading up to it.) She can plug Sanctuary, talk about the final SG-1 eps and her move to SGA. I'd think that all TPTB would want her to have as much exposure as possible!!!

Anxiously awaiting more Amanda...
                Damian Kindler and Amanda recently did a radio interview about 'Sanctuary' with a show called "Slice of Sci-Fi." It is a radio show that is released on the internet and also broadcast on the XM satellite network.

Right now, the interview is scheduled to be released on the web on February 28th (according to the Slice of Sci-Fi site). I believe DK said that it would be broadcast on XM sometime next month.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/current-events/

I would imagine that this is subject to change, but you can keep an eye out for it. I can't wait to hear more about the show.

Comment

Found this quote in a Grammy interview with Alan Cross (radio personality)... thought it was kind of interesting...

"Is prime time television even relevant to people under 25 anymore? Outside of a couple of programs, maybe not," he says.

"There's a huge generation gap between traditional distribution of media and the new online world. The online kids don't get this idea of not being able to get what I want when I want it wherever I happen to be. The idea that I have to be in front of a TV to see something at 8 o'clock on a Sunday night is like, 'What? No, I'll just go on YouTube and get whatever I want.' "

So, ignoring the YouTube bit... Woohoo Sanctuary, leading the way!!!

Comment

Originally posted by starrgazer View Post
                    Found this quote in a Grammy interview with Alan Cross (radio personality)... thought it was kind of interesting...

"Is prime time television even relevant to people under 25 anymore? Outside of a couple of programs, maybe not," he says.

"There's a huge generation gap between traditional distribution of media and the new online world. The online kids don't get this idea of not being able to get what I want when I want it wherever I happen to be. The idea that I have to be in front of a TV to see something at 8 o'clock on a Sunday night is like, 'What? No, I'll just go on YouTube and get whatever I want.' "

So, ignoring the YouTube bit... Woohoo Sanctuary, leading the way!!!
                    Sanctuary, it definitely is leading the way and leading Sanctuary is the one and only Amanda Tapping, how cool is that!!

WTG AMANDA

Julia(samcarterrules)
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I decided to try and be creative. I'm not good at graphics, but I hope you enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rderoch/...ey=D9YTtrH3Cs0
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                      William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                      Anon

Comment

Originally posted by rderoch View Post
                        I decided to try and be creative. I'm not good at graphics, but I hope you enjoy.

http://picasaweb.google.com/rderoch/...ey=D9YTtrH3Cs0
                        These are great.
                        sigpic

Comment

Did anyone else notice that in the picture of Helen with the gun that there is a tear on her right cheek?
                          Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
                          William Shakespeare

Meddle ye not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and tasty with ketchup.
                          Anon

Comment

Originally posted by Melora View Post
                            Damian Kindler and Amanda recently did a radio interview about 'Sanctuary' with a show called "Slice of Sci-Fi." It is a radio show that is released on the internet and also broadcast on the XM satellite network.

Right now, the interview is scheduled to be released on the web on February 28th (according to the Slice of Sci-Fi site). I believe DK said that it would be broadcast on XM sometime next month.

http://www.sliceofscifi.com/current-events/

I would imagine that this is subject to change, but you can keep an eye out for it. I can't wait to hear more about the show.
                            Hey, its the 28th has anybody gotten to listen to the interview yet? (MUST GET NEW COMPUTER BEFORE SANCTUARY)

By the way, it looks like the Sanctuary forum may hit post 2,000 really soon. Add that to all the posts here and on other boards, and I think this is going to be a hit!

Comment

i think it'll be hit. i've just been on the site to download a wallpaper. it looks good. really looking forward to it. and at's hair looks great, just thought i'd say.

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
                                Hey, its the 28th has anybody gotten to listen to the interview yet? (MUST GET NEW COMPUTER BEFORE SANCTUARY)

By the way, it looks like the Sanctuary forum may hit post 2,000 really soon. Add that to all the posts here and on other boards, and I think this is going to be a hit!
                                Well Amanda was suppose to be their Slice of Scifi #98 interview according to their calendar, but it looks as if the Slice of Scifi #98 interview today was actually Earl Newton, so I'm not sure if the one with Amanda was rescheduled or not because there is nothing in their March calendar as of now.

Comment

Working...
                                X