No announcement yet.

Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She is definitely one of a kind!!! A Bright shining star to grace TV!!
    sigpic

Comment

Helen centric "This is Your Brain on Sanctuary" banner:

~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

i like that and it is so true for Helen!!
        sigpic

Comment

thanks and I just knew I had to use that qoute for a Helen banner!
          ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

It works.... lol!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
              She is definitely one of a kind!!! A Bright shining star to grace TV!!
              Hehe yea she is. <3 She's soo sweet, funny, adorable, and of course gorgeous!
              WOOT of course we all love Amanda (Helen).
              sigpic
              My tumblr

Comment

Of course we do!!! lol!!

she is so awesome!!!
                sigpic

Comment

What would be your key moments in S2 that you think say a lot about Helen as a person?

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                    What would be your key moments in S2 that you think say a lot about Helen as a person?
                    Neat question.

Two big ones for me are in End of Nights, when she gives Tesla the vial of Ashley's unchanged blood and when she can't pull the trigger on Ashley at the end. I think the first shows how far she's willing to go for her work and her ideals, it's kinda the extreme height of her heroism in a way in that she's choosing the greater good over her own personal desire. But then the second I think shows the depth of her humanity and vulnerability, that for all her drive and ambition she's ultimately just a mother who can't go through with killing her own daughter.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                      Neat question.

Two big ones for me are in End of Nights, when she gives Tesla the vial of Ashley's unchanged blood and when she can't pull the trigger on Ashley at the end. I think the first shows how far she's willing to go for her work and her ideals, it's kinda the extreme height of her heroism in a way in that she's choosing the greater good over her own personal desire. But then the second I think shows the depth of her humanity and vulnerability, that for all her drive and ambition she's ultimately just a mother who can't go through with killing her own daughter.
                      a wonderful answer.

for all that helen got ready for, she just could NOT pull the trigger on her own daughter... poor, poor helen!
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

For me it was in the show where Helen starts loosing her mind (can't remember the name). We always see her as so confident, assertive, and knowing what to do. Because of the bug or drug or whatever changed her personality, we see that there is a scared, hesitant side to her personality that is buried or in hiding.

I wonder if Helen goes through phases where she'll spend 20-30 years being more assertive, then spend 20-30 years being more retiring?

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                          For me it was in the show where Helen starts loosing her mind (can't remember the name). We always see her as so confident, assertive, and knowing what to do. Because of the bug or drug or whatever changed her personality, we see that there is a scared, hesitant side to her personality that is buried or in hiding.
                          Good point. She usually tries to be so in control.

I think ordinarily you can tell when something is really wrong when she gets quieter than usual. Like when she gives Tesla Ashley's blood or when she comes back to the Sanctuary at the end of Pavor.

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

I wonder if Helen goes through phases where she'll spend 20-30 years being more assertive, then spend 20-30 years being more retiring?
                            I can see Helen doing that. She was probably so busy during the 30s and 40s with the Depression and World War II that she decided to take the 50s 'off' so to speak, still doing her work but not putting herself out there at the forefront of all the action. It'd probably also help keep people from asking too many questions about why she never gets older.

Good point. She usually tries to be so in control.

I think ordinarily you can tell when something is really wrong when she gets quieter than usual. Like when she gives Tesla Ashley's blood or when she comes back to the Sanctuary at the end of Pavor.
                            You're right, she's also like that at the end of Sleepers when she talks about being the last of the Five.

Though I would like to see Helen really cut loose without the influence of a bug or parasite ala Veritas or Requiem. We saw the depths of her fear and vulnerability in the wake of Ashley's death, but I'd love to see her pushed in the other direction and just lose control and unleash her anger over something.

sigpic

Comment

^she teetering on the edge with Kate when she was trying to get info out of her about Ashley. "Get used to sitting more." Rather chilling.

Comment

Hello there!

I've seen most of you guys around other threads, but to anyone I haven't 'met' - *waves*.

Hope you guys don't mind if I chip in my two-cents' worth.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                                I can see Helen doing that. She was probably so busy during the 30s and 40s with the Depression and World War II that she decided to take the 50s 'off' so to speak, still doing her work but not putting herself out there at the forefront of all the action. It'd probably also help keep people from asking too many questions about why she never gets older.

You're right, she's also like that at the end of Sleepers when she talks about being the last of the Five.

Though I would like to see Helen really cut loose without the influence of a bug or parasite ala Veritas or Requiem. We saw the depths of her fear and vulnerability in the wake of Ashley's death, but I'd love to see her pushed in the other direction and just lose control and unleash her anger over something.
                                ^she teetering on the edge with Kate when she was trying to get info out of her about Ashley. "Get used to sitting more." Rather chilling.
                                I agree. It was chilling but interesting to see Helen pushed closer to the edge that way. Her stone cold expression and indifference to her rash actions shows just how angry she was. Given episodes like "Pavor", it clear that TPTB are not afraid to take risks; I think it would be interesting to see what pushes Helen to such a point as well as how she deals with it. I think it would give Helen's character a great deal of depth and intrigue. Abnormal or not, she has very human emotions and from what we've seen she feels them very deeply; there's just no way anyone can maintain the facade that she does and keep all of those emotions in all of the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X