Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk, Discussion and Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
    Areslover452 writes a fanfic about that... even posted a little excerpt on the Helen/John thread
    Wow.. I will take a look at it .. maybe .
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

I'm taking my own spin on what would happen and throwing John in there... cause I ship... lol!!
      sigpic

Comment

You know, i was thinking about Helen's involvment in WWII, after someone's earlier comment speculating on her involvement and if she would have fought against Hitler or not. Personally, I think it would have gone only one of two ways.

She and the Sanctuary networks would have taken a neutral stance, based on the premise that the war did not involve abnormals, and involving themselves would have just drawn unwanted attention, which I do not think based on the global nature would be the case.

Far more likely I think that outwardly, Hitler would have viewed abnormals as abominatioons and a risk to his view of the perfect race. He would have publically at least, encouraged the destruction of abnormals. Secretely though, I believe he would have recgonized the potential of certain traits, and perhaps sought to control them for his own purposes, perhaps running his own clandestine selective breeding programs.

It would have made the two arch enemies.

But even if he'd been completely unaware of abnormals, i think helen would have the intelligence, sense of morality, and long view to recognize that such a close minded, and unstable, personality, bent on world conquest and domination, in the long run, would mean no good would come in allowing him to have continued free reign.
        Last edited by iamdragonrider; 07 January 2010, 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot something
        sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
          Areslover452 writes a fanfic about that... even posted a little excerpt on the Helen/John thread
          Do you have the link? I will like to read it
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Originally posted by maylet View Post
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...=59924&page=22
            SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

I don't have it done yet so it's not posted, but when it is complete i will have the link for you.
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks sweetviviane for the link

And Ares I will love to read it when it's done
                sigpic
                Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

Thanks sweetviviane for the link

And Ares I will love to read it when it's done

I'm almost done.... well maybe three pages away from being done... hopefully!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Bump for this thread. Helen Magnus deserves be IN :-)

AresLover , thanks for your nice work. :-) Let me know when you will finish it . :-)

Comment

After reading several threads and seeing comments like:
                      - "How much more can Helen take?",
                      - "Wish Helen would get some good news sometime.", etc.,

I was wondering if you thought Helen was at her breaking point with all of the pressure, death, loss, emotional upheaval, etc. that has happened this year?

A) Pressure? What pressure? Helen doesn't feel any pressure!
                      B) Helen is on the verge of cracking.
                      C) Helen has already lost it.

What do you think?

Comment

I thnik that we all saw it in third episode of second season, Eulogy. She was in depression and she felt bad feelings. Another one was Kali I, II. She was under big pressure .. I think that she is only a person ... and everybody feels feelings.

Comment

Hey there folks,

I just wanted to pop onto this forum and share my love for the character of Helen Magnus. The truth is the series is great but if not for her and the way Amanda Tapping portrays her I probably wouldn't have watched past season 1. YAY for season three and to answer the other question...I think Helen somehow goes to the brink of breaking but her experience and her past allow her to see she's at that edge and pull herself back, sometimes just in time...in my humble opinion of course.

Also I want to ask this question here cause well honestly Helen said most of these...I'm trying to figure out how many Sanctuaries there are around the world and this is what I have so far through the end of Season 2 and the season finale...did I miss any does anyone know?

Washington; USA
                          New York; USA
                          London; United Kingdom
                          Mumbai, India
                          Cairo, Egypt
                          Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
                          Lima, Peru
                          Sydney, Australia
                          Lagos, Nigeria (Nearly gave myself a breakdown trying to figure out where the heck Lagos was)
                          Tokyo, Japan
                          New Delhi, India
                          Moscow, Russia
                          Beijing, China

That's thirteen by my count, did I miss any which is always possible? It's just for my information, I'm curious just how far the network expands and even with only 13 that's QUITE the list I gotta say.
                          Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                          Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by MelissaAdams View Post
                            Hey there folks,

Also I want to ask this question here cause well honestly Helen said most of these...I'm trying to figure out how many Sanctuaries there are around the world and this is what I have so far through the end of Season 2 and the season finale...did I miss any does anyone know?

Washington; USA
                            New York; USA
                            London; United Kingdom
                            Mumbai, India
                            Cairo, Egypt
                            Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
                            Lima, Peru
                            Sydney, Australia
                            Lagos, Nigeria (Nearly gave myself a breakdown trying to figure out where the heck Lagos was)
                            Tokyo, Japan
                            New Delhi, India
                            Moscow, Russia
                            Beijing, China

That's thirteen by my count, did I miss any which is always possible? It's just for my information, I'm curious just how far the network expands and even with only 13 that's QUITE the list I gotta say.
                            I don't remember the Washington, D.C. sanctuary. What episode was that from?

Comment

Not Washington, D.C. Washington state, the Old City one that Helen commands or leads...it's never been stated it is in the US up near the Canadian border but in Fata Morgana when they're trackign the witches you see the location blink on the reader and it's Washington State as I understand my geography but I might be wrong...isn't that where it is or not, I know it's the US.
                              Sanctuary RULES!!!!
                              Melissa

Comment

I believe it's actually in Vancouver, BC, Canada as the license plates are British Columbia on their vehicles and the map looked to be above Washington State. I had made a capture of that shot but I can't find it atm.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X