Page 12 of 360 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Helen Magnus Discussion Thread

For me it was in the show where Helen starts loosing her mind (can't remember the name). We always see her as so confident, assertive, and knowing what to do. Because of the bug or drug or whatever changed her personality, we see that there is a scared, hesitant side to her personality that is buried or in hiding.

I wonder if Helen goes through phases where she'll spend 20-30 years being more assertive, then spend 20-30 years being more retiring?

Quote Originally Posted by hisg1fans View Post
    For me it was in the show where Helen starts loosing her mind (can't remember the name). We always see her as so confident, assertive, and knowing what to do. Because of the bug or drug or whatever changed her personality, we see that there is a scared, hesitant side to her personality that is buried or in hiding.
    Good point. She usually tries to be so in control.

I think ordinarily you can tell when something is really wrong when she gets quieter than usual. Like when she gives Tesla Ashley's blood or when she comes back to the Sanctuary at the end of Pavor.

Quote Originally Posted by hisg1fans View Post

I wonder if Helen goes through phases where she'll spend 20-30 years being more assertive, then spend 20-30 years being more retiring?
    I can see Helen doing that. She was probably so busy during the 30s and 40s with the Depression and World War II that she decided to take the 50s 'off' so to speak, still doing her work but not putting herself out there at the forefront of all the action. It'd probably also help keep people from asking too many questions about why she never gets older.

Quote Originally Posted by jckfan55 View Post
    Good point. She usually tries to be so in control.

I think ordinarily you can tell when something is really wrong when she gets quieter than usual. Like when she gives Tesla Ashley's blood or when she comes back to the Sanctuary at the end of Pavor.
    You're right, she's also like that at the end of Sleepers when she talks about being the last of the Five.

Though I would like to see Helen really cut loose without the influence of a bug or parasite ala Veritas or Requiem. We saw the depths of her fear and vulnerability in the wake of Ashley's death, but I'd love to see her pushed in the other direction and just lose control and unleash her anger over something.

^she teetering on the edge with Kate when she was trying to get info out of her about Ashley. "Get used to sitting more." Rather chilling.

Captain

Hello there!

I've seen most of you guys around other threads, but to anyone I haven't 'met' - *waves*.

Hope you guys don't mind if I chip in my two-cents' worth.

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I can see Helen doing that. She was probably so busy during the 30s and 40s with the Depression and World War II that she decided to take the 50s 'off' so to speak, still doing her work but not putting herself out there at the forefront of all the action. It'd probably also help keep people from asking too many questions about why she never gets older.

You're right, she's also like that at the end of Sleepers when she talks about being the last of the Five.

Though I would like to see Helen really cut loose without the influence of a bug or parasite ala Veritas or Requiem. We saw the depths of her fear and vulnerability in the wake of Ashley's death, but I'd love to see her pushed in the other direction and just lose control and unleash her anger over something.
    ^she teetering on the edge with Kate when she was trying to get info out of her about Ashley. "Get used to sitting more." Rather chilling.
    I agree. It was chilling but interesting to see Helen pushed closer to the edge that way. Her stone cold expression and indifference to her rash actions shows just how angry she was. Given episodes like "Pavor", it clear that TPTB are not afraid to take risks; I think it would be interesting to see what pushes Helen to such a point as well as how she deals with it. I think it would give Helen's character a great deal of depth and intrigue. Abnormal or not, she has very human emotions and from what we've seen she feels them very deeply; there's just no way anyone can maintain the facade that she does and keep all of those emotions in all of the time.

I think that's perhaps the closest we've seen her to losing it, seeing Helen get so cold and hard and just barely reining in her anger. But I'd like to see her get pushed beyond that, in a way kinda paralleling what happened to Kali where she started out as calm, mysterious, and under control until provoked to the point she unleashed her fury on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by _SocraticMethod View Post
    Hello there!

I've seen most of you guys around other threads, but to anyone I haven't 'met' - *waves*.

Hope you guys don't mind if I chip in my two-cents' worth.

I agree. It was chilling but interesting to see Helen pushed closer to the edge that way. Her stone cold expression and indifference to her rash actions shows just how angry she was. Given episodes like "Pavor", it clear that TPTB are not afraid to take risks; I think it would be interesting to see what pushes Helen to such a point as well as how she deals with it. I think it would give Helen's character a great deal of depth and intrigue. Abnormal or not, she has very human emotions and from what we've seen she feels them very deeply; there's just no way anyone can maintain the facade that she does and keep all of those emotions in all of the time.
    Hey there! Chip away.

I think that's exactly it. Helen's ultimately very human and the events of the past 2 seasons have probably pushed her emotionally farther than she's been in a long time, dealing with Druitt, losing her father again, losing Watson, Ashley, etc. If anything could break through her facade I think the cumulative effect of all of that could, and an out of control Helen would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.

Quote Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
    I think that's exactly it. Helen's ultimately very human and the events of the past 2 seasons have probably pushed her emotionally farther than she's been in a long time, dealing with Druitt, losing her father again, losing Watson, Ashley, etc. If anything could break through her facade I think the cumulative effect of all of that could, and an out of control Helen would certainly be a fearsome thing to behold.
    And we just might get to see this;
    Kali
    Spoiler:
    Helen was more than a bit pissed off at Wexford at the end of Kali.

I loved that scene with Kate and the following one with Will. "You know, you might want to spend a little less time with Jack the Ripper? It's affecting your manners somewhat."
    http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=8226&dateline=1311902876

Captain

Here's a random/fun question .... With which of the Beatles do you think Helen watched the sunrise?

I'm thinking Lennon...

First Lieutenant MissCheerfully's Avatar

I think John, too xD

OT: Pliiiz vote for Amanda, you can vote every 20 minutes, she has to be in the 3 first! xD ...she's almost 4th it's possible!
    Please, vote here

trying to find a way to fast-forward the days

Default Re: Helen Magnus/Amanda Tapping Thunk Thread :)

*waves* Wow, I'm a bit surprised that this thread is so small! AT is stunningly gorgeous! And Helen Magnus is seriously the coolest character: she's super smart, beautiful, witty, dangerous.... lol, I could go on forever....

Quote Originally Posted by truffles View Post
    *waves* Wow, I'm a bit surprised that this thread is so small! AT is stunningly gorgeous! And Helen Magnus is seriously the coolest character: she's super smart, beautiful, witty, dangerous.... lol, I could go on forever....
    hehe lol couldnt we all go on forever with the list? yea im suprised as well.

Captain

This thread is likely small because there is already an established AT picture thread.

Quote Originally Posted by parsifal View Post
    This thread is likely small because there is already an established AT picture thread.
    That's true. But people could go back & forth. I would.

Wuah back in here after some time off of Gateworld! Soooooo...

I freaking love HELEN! And Amanda! And I can't wait to see her at AT5

This thread deserve more attention

Helen rocks!!

At the Syfy Channel Upfront in March, I chatted up Sanctuary star Amanda Tapping for a story about Season 3 that will appear on AOL’s TV Squad page in the near future. (FYI, Season 2 arrives on video on June 15, 2010.) I also managed to squeeze in a little bit about Stargate and her non-Sanctuary projects.

http://www.bryanreesman.com/blog/201...ves-the-stage/

Stalking the streets with Jack the Ripper

that is so SWEET!!! Thanks for the info Kes

Lieutenant Colonel Martina Magnus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tesla_Twin View Post
    Wuah back in here after some time off of Gateworld! Soooooo...

I freaking love HELEN! And Amanda! And I can't wait to see her at AT5

This thread deserve more attention

Helen rocks!!
    You are totally right hun HELEN ROCKS !
    You have to come here and kidnapp me for AT5 ... I wanna gooooo

Sanctuary Rulez ! xD
    The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha.Majka's Avatar

When you spoke about Helen, if we prefer her in season 1 or 2, I love both, but I don´t like her peruke in the first episodes :-(

I am totally in love with these pictures :

Picture 1 - Sleepers
    Picture 2 - Sleepers

Those eyes ? Awh ..
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Lieutenant Colonel Martina Magnus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha.Majka View Post
    When you spoke about Helen, if we prefer her in season 1 or 2, I love both, but I don´t like her peruke in the first episodes :-(

I am totally in love with these pictures :

Picture 1 - Sleepers
    Picture 2 - Sleepers

Those eyes ? Awh ..
    I love the first one ... well, I love whole ep ... but that first pic is so ... well like you say awh
    The great ones dare to believe in the unbelievable...

Lieutenant Colonel Samantha.Majka's Avatar

Yes, Helen looked in this episode so ... AWH .. but this picture just shows that she is awesome in every way.
    Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
    / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Page 12 of 360 FirstFirst ... 291011121314152262112 ... LastLast