The Sanctuary - Location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Sanctuary - Location?

I'm working on a Sanctuary fan fic and as I was writing I realized I didn't know the name of the city Helen Magnus's sanctuary is located. I asked a few friends and they didn't know it either. I mean I know its somewhere in the US, but thats all.

Does anyone know the name of the city? I really need it for this fic!!!

Old City
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      Old City
      Oh thank you so much!

Comment

you're welcome.
        Old City seems to be located across the river from New City

and while old city looks pretty rough and moderately abandoned, along with there being a bridge out, New City seems to be modern and fancy

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          you're welcome.
          Old City seems to be located across the river from New City

and while old city looks pretty rough and moderately abandoned, along with there being a bridge out, New City seems to be modern and fancy
          I always assumed it was "The Old City" and "the New city" as in different districts of one city.
          Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm the rest of his life.
          ---
          sigpic

Comment

my impression was that something happened, natural disaster, etc, and it was decided that old city was just too much of a pain to rebuild, so they moved across the river, rebuilt there with the bright and shiny and have pretty much abandoned the old parts, and in the 'natural progression' of events, the undesirables of a society kinda get sent across the river, while the 'normal and pretty' ones are welcome in New City.

sigpic

Comment

Ok, this is such a good question. I had the same issue with one of my fanfics. Old City is on one side of the river and run down. Maybe that's where Big Bertha hiccuped? Maybe she was in the bay/river and Magnus found her? I thought the Sanctuary was in New City though, only by the arial views they show. Maybe I should go back and look better.

Comment

big bertha wrecking the city is a cool thought. could have happened, damage looks recent enough

teh sanctuary is in the Old City, in fact, it's even called teh Old City Sanctuary, so it's in the old part of town, by the river and mgiht even have docks or river access of its own

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X