was i the only one that enjoyed bsg finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
    *draws Girlbot out of force shield with promises of free pastries* How dare you insult BSG!?
    The truth can be a hard fact

Daybreak Pt I was boring. All of it was just setup that kept me uninterested. The exception being where Adama drew the line in Galatica's Viper Bay.

I loved Pt II in how Galatica rescued Hera. It had a nice mix of action and drama.

Pt III was epic fail in how all the plotline arcs was ended with the greatest Deus Ex Machina out there
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

It's really not a plot deus ex machina when the answer has been dangled in front of us since the beginning.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
        It's really not a plot deus ex machina when the answer has been dangled in front of us since the beginning.
        That's what I thought after I finally got to see 4.5 after many others had already seen. I tried to stay away from spoilers as much as possible and did see reference to this but not what it was. So I was surprised that so many objected to the ending. I thought it made sense. And then thought maybe I was nuts to think that
        Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Deus Ex Machina means God from the Machine. If that doesn't describe BSG I don't know what will
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Deus Ex Machina means God from the Machine. If that doesn't describe BSG I don't know what will
            BSG - epic
            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I totally agree. I for one very much enjoyed the way BSG ended.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                Fair point, but I don't think that's what was meant. The writers didn't write themselves into a corner, needing a miracle to get out of it. At least not this time.
                sigpic

Comment

I didn't like get rid of advanced technology, and the bit where they find out about the visions didn't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                    I didn't like get rid of advanced technology, and the bit where they find out about the visions didn't mean anything.
                    I'm not sure we watched the same finale
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by ukray View Post
                      the revelation of the opera house was awesome. and i love how laura lost sight of her part in the vision.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I liked most of it. I could have lived without the whole devils and angels thing, that was stupid and the the show should have ended with Bill overlooking the valley. I didn't need that flash foward and the stupid idea in regards of Hera. Other then that it was really quite wonderful and I cried buckets.
                        He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                        He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                        And he's wonderful.

Comment

I didn't like the fact they gave up all of their tech nor that Galactica broke or that they ended up 150,000 years in the past!

www.darkarmada.nl
                          www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

I was OK with the religious part, but did not like the ending. I mean, if they had found a random planet and founded a new modern civilisation with the cylon, the cycle would have been broken for sure, but the way i see it, they commited "cultural suicide" and relaunched evolution from scratch, making sure that they will make the same mistakes again in the future. Lee's "Let's break the cycle" really make me laugh, because losing the history is what made the cycle repeat itself in the past.
                            And i do not believe for one second that most people in the fleet would go along with the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by flobo View Post
                              I was OK with the religious part, but did not like the ending. I mean, if they had found a random planet and founded a new modern civilisation with the cylon, the cycle would have been broken for sure, but the way i see it, they commited "cultural suicide" and relaunched evolution from scratch, making sure that they will make the same mistakes again in the future. Lee's "Let's break the cycle" really make me laugh, because losing the history is what made the cycle repeat itself in the past.
                              And i do not believe for one second that most people in the fleet would go along with the idea.
                              This is what God wanted.
                              sigpic

Comment

it was a brilliant finale and it was really sad when roslin and starbuck died and brilliantly acted
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X