was i the only one that enjoyed bsg finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yopman10 View Post
    I enjoyed it overall (just spent a few months watching the entire series), but there are details that break off small pieces from your heart. Why did both of the Adama's have to be tragic hero's?
    Because it is BSG and BSG is a sci-fi that's very ''deep'' and dramatic. In my opinion, the show that had the best dialogues and thought-provoking questions. You kind of know since episode one that it won't end well for the humans.

Bill loses his love, loses his ship, leaves his son and doesn't even say goodbye to Tigh!
    I think it affected both of them when they realized their relationship was based on a lie, and Tigh found himself not the same man he used to be when he realized who he truly was. But the turning point for our Exo is the Cylon occupation on the planet, it transformed him more than anything else.

And why is Starbuck so angry with Lee in that final conversation?
    I didn't really see it as anger, but the way I see things this was not the same person than the first Kara who died in S03.

Also - is it possible that some of those cylons could still be alive 150 000 years later? Do they age? Questions, questions.
    I don't recall seeing any Cylons undergoing maintenance (apart from the centurions) but I would still believe that no, they would not survive 150k years. Maybe they would last longer than humans, but I'm pretty sure the numbered Cylons are less resilient than say a Centurion that needs to do a couple oil change every year or so.

Even in the BSG-verse there is no such thing as an indestructible machine.

The ending itself was great overall, especially Bill's. Olmos is one of my favorite actors, and he really delivers a solid performance especially in the father-son moments with Lee.

If I may share, what I did not like:

Starbuck 2.0 (Her resurrection / she's an Angel back for a higher purpose)

Baltar and Six ''fakes'' revealed to be Angels 150k years later. I wish they would've went with something like a chip implanted in both individuals that made them see these visions, but yea, Angels again.

Boomer and Helo's half-human half-cylon child being the ancestor of us all. So love was responsible for this pregnancy, supposedly, I guess it goes back to divine intervention and the miracle child, God stuff again.

But, the worst is Caprica getting canceled and BSG Blood & Chrome that never came to be
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
    X