X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

was i the only one that enjoyed bsg finale

i thought it was great exept some of the flashbacks
    sigpic
    The best written female character on trek ever.

I quite liked it... just not the whole religious thing...

Comment

I loved it. The only part I didn't like was the stupidly over-the-top robot montage at the very end. Dammit Ron Moore, the point was made by just showing New York and having the Angels chat!

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
      I loved the flashbacks. The juxtaposition of where they came from to where they are now was *brilliant* IMO. They might even have been my favourite part of the whole thing, occasionally I pop on "Daybreak" just to watch those scenes.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I loved it. Incredible end to the best show on television.
        I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
        Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I wasn't a massive fan of the flashbacks, but I do understand why they were there.

I thought the BSG finale was one of the finest finales for a scifi series ever.

Comment

The BSG finale was just spectacular.

Comment

I thought it was excellent up to about the last half hour where Ron Moore proceeded to shoot himself in the foot, repeatedly.

Comment

I loved BSG. I had a family member "warn" me about the finale since I didn't get to see it when it first aired. I got the chance to rewatch seasons 1-4.0 before watching 4.5 on DVD. I love all kinds of sci-fi and consider myself a sci-fi geek so it takes a lot for me to really hate something sci-fi. I'm one of those Star Trek fans that enjoys ALL the tv shows. Yeah I have some gripes about some things but overall they were enjoyable to watch and rewatch.

With BSG I loved the character development. It gave me great drama with some pretty cool space battles too. I was not spoiled about the ending of the series though I came close several times to being spoiled! I'm glad I wasn't because it was so much more awe shocking for me not knowing.
                Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by chrono trigger View Post
                  I loved the flashbacks.... and the Series finale made me cry. Roslin looked hawt in the fashbacks for her
                  sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed the finale from start to finish. It's really hard for any show to have satisfying ending, but I think that BSG came pretty damn close.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                      I thought it was excellent up to about the last half hour where Ron Moore proceeded to shoot himself in the foot, repeatedly.
                      Word.

The entire finale was Over The Top and convoluted but fun to watch.

But many things totally sucked and betrayed the series as a whole:

- Baltar & Six are/will be/were angels.
                      - God did it.
                      - Starbuck is something related.
                      - God did it.
                      - Boomer wrecking part of Galactica with a jump, but then the squadron of Raptors causing no damage when they did the same...
                      - God did it.
                      - Giving up all the technology, like ALL of it
                      - God did it.
                      - Implying the Colonists would/could mate with the indigenous pre-historic (probably pre-lingual) humanoids.
                      - God did it.
                      - The nauseating flash-forward to "now" with its pithy message.
                      - God did it.
                      - So many questions and sub-plots left unresolved.

I DID like many things though...

- Cavil's totally unnecessary-yet-hilarious suicide.
                      - Centurions going hand-to-hand
                      - Some very, very cool visuals.
                      - Sense made of the Opera House, finally.
                      - Cyborg Anders quoting High Flight.
                      - The Flashbacks (neatly setting up Caprica).
                      - Racetrack and Skulls finally bite the bullet like they said they would.
                      - McReary's brilliant scoring
                      - Etc...

But for me, this was a poor ending and not in keeping with the original austere premise of the show; S1 and S2 were all about the gritty realism of survival and how we'll continue to screw each other over even with only 50k people left. Similar "grit" from the Cylon side of things too. It was all too much, too over the top, too.... easy.

I think Daybreak (and indeed a lot of S4) shows that RDM et al simply didn't have a plan afterall.
                      Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Originally posted by Mongoletsi View Post
                        - Boomer wrecking part of Galactica with a jump, but then the squadron of Raptors causing no damage when they did the same...
                        You should watch it again. The Raptors caused explosions and probably massive decompression in the flight pod when they jumped.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved the finale. Until the last hour of it, I was getting pissed off at the flashbacks - but that final hour made me realise that most of the rest of it was not the important parts. The finale had two roles: close out the plotline of the show, and close out the characters. I feel as if the middle hour (of the three) closed out the plotline fairly well and the last hour closed out the characters.
                          After all, the show was about the plot AND the characters.

Yeah there could have been some things done better in the finale, and there are some holes (like why are ALL cylons on the Colony? etc), but it doesn't matter to me because they closed the plotline and the characters journey's off pretty well.

The religious element of the finale didn't get to me too much, not being a religious person. They've had a religious / spiritual element to the show prettymuch since day one - they were following religious texts for 3.5 seasons after all. To expect there to not be any religious element to the finale kind of explaining some of the things is a bit stupid to me if you watched the show since day one. I think my acceptance of the religious bits and Kara etc. is because I understand that those things dont need to be explained away - because they can't be.

So yeah, liked the finale. Wish I could watch it again for the first time.

Comment

best series finale I've ever seen
                            Stolen Kosovo
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
                              You should watch it again. The Raptors caused explosions and probably massive decompression in the flight pod when they jumped.
                              I did not realise that!

I have no desire to watch it again though
                              Mongoletsi is bigger than hip...hop...

Comment

Working...
                              X