No announcement yet.

was i the only one that enjoyed bsg finale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cried more this time around than I did the first time I saw the series finale. It was a truly exceptional Series finale of all the series finales that I have seen so far. This was so wonderfully done that it tears out your heart, stomps on it,leaves it in shreds and yet.... for some reason you go back for more.

I just finished my re-watch of the entire series and I love it more now than I did when I first started to watch it. RDM and DE did a excellent job in the reimagined series.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
      I cried more this time around than I did the first time I saw the series finale. It was a truly exceptional Series finale of all the series finales that I have seen so far. This was so wonderfully done that it tears out your heart, stomps on it,leaves it in shreds and yet.... for some reason you go back for more.

I just finished my re-watch of the entire series and I love it more now than I did when I first started to watch it. RDM and DE did a excellent job in the reimagined series.
      Exactly my thoughts!!
      sigpic

Comment

So, God's plan was to destroy their civilisation in order for them to recreate another almost the same civilisation over 150 000 ? This ruined the finale for me. I mean, surviving years just to commit cultural suicide when you reach a new home...
        For me, a good ending would have been for them to end up as the atlantis civilisation, helping evolve the natives, or something like this.

Comment

Originally posted by locutes View Post
          I didn't like the fact they gave up all of their tech nor that Galactica broke or that they ended up 150,000 years in the past!
          The latter and middle seem plausible, but the former seems naive and illogical.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

it was awesome. and i eagerly awaiting to watch the extended finale on the 4.5. set... but first i have to buy season 3 (thought it was kinda meh except for the last episodes) and than ill have my first rewatch of this show.....
            sigpic

Comment

There were bits I liked and bits I didn't. That scene where the pollice show up to tell Laura her family's dead was simply AWFUL. Seriously, I watched a clip on youtube before I'd seen Daybreak and I thought someone had taken a scene from something else and dubbed over it, that's how bad it was! And the 'Hollyoaks hair' they gave her! Yuck!

I'm not religious AT ALL so the biggest revelation had to be that Baltar and Caprica's hallucinations were really angels. It's definitely not the natural function of my brain to believe anyone when they say they're a messenger from god, lol. Normally I would just call up the men in white coats and wave cheerfully as they're carted off.

Not the best series finale I've ever seen but it had its good bits. There could have been more Roslin!
              sigpic
              "Science flies you to the moon.
              Religion flies you into buildings."

Comment

I liked it and was happy they finally found a new home and that they could share it with the cylons. Was very sad to see it all end though. I would have liked to see 1 more thing...like a few clips, maybe 20 minutes of so showing more of them making their homes and moving through to the present time...but who knows, maybe they left it open ended like that for possible movies or mini-series, that would be awesome.

Comment

I liked most of it.

But the THE PLAN was never revealed, and I just can't believe that in such a large population there would be unanimous decision to give up all that tech.

Especially all that valuable medical tech.

Comment

I like the ending to this show more and more every time I watch it.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I thought it was amazing. But I have realized it split fandom into two. Either you love it or you really don't. There doesn't seem to be something in the middle. I'm one of the lovers.
                      sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

I thought it was an okay finale.
                        Starting from season 1, I HATED Head Six's preachy attempts at converting Baltar, so the whole "It's in God's plan" and "Head Six and Head Baltar are angels" thing didn't sit well with me just because of the preachy-ness...and also because I felt that it was kind of a lazy way to explain away the visions and Kara.
                        I mean, sure, Head Six did claim she was an angel...but then again, she did lie to Baltar before, and there were other throw away lines that either didn't come to fruition (the exact nature of the prophecies come to mind), or that had the potential to be used to tie up loose ends (Ellen's brief mention of Daniel).

That, and I absolutely hated the fact that they gave up all their technology. Aside from the fact that it subverts the whole theme of working hard to survive against all odds by having them just give up everything that defined them, they've already had difficulty surviving with their advanced technology.

If they were really only concerned with the survival of the human race based on morphology and DNA...then they should have just given up when they discovered the Cylons had human models.

Comment

Originally posted by Quetzocoetl View Post

That, and I absolutely hated the fact that they gave up all their technology. Aside from the fact that it subverts the whole theme of working hard to survive against all odds by having them just give up everything that defined them, they've already had difficulty surviving with their advanced technology.
                          Well what 'defined them' destroyed them to begin with. So I do get the idea of a 'fresh start'.

As for the preachy-ness... I had a surprising easy time dealing with that .. being the biggest atheist in the universe I really did like that ... In a way it didn't felt 'weird' to me as I thought it would have.

Cylons have human models they are NOT human. So if were talking about survival as humanity as a race, humans would need to survive and reproduce. In the end it was awsome since we (current day and age us) are all partly cylon since mitochondrial eve was Hera, a human/cylon hybrid. I don't know I just felt so in awe after the season finale I can't really explain
                          sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                            I liked most of it. I could have lived without the whole devils and angels thing, that was stupid and the the show should have ended with Bill overlooking the valley. I didn't need that flash foward and the stupid idea in regards of Hera. Other then that it was really quite wonderful and I cried buckets.
                            The whole point of the show was to break the cycle. Mankind tries to improve on itself. Improvement tries to kill mankind. Improvement realizes it wants what mankind has (mortality, sex with purpose, children) and tries to resolve itself by rejoining with humanity. The entire point of the hyper-sexuality of 6 was that she was the cutting edge of the "Improvement's" arc. 6 and Baltar's angels confirm that the cycle has been broken in the final scene. Despite all that darkness and death, the cycle has been broken. We have resolved our conflict with ourselves.

Comment

I loved the ending but the part that bugged me was how easy everyone just went yep lets get rid of all our tech, science, medicine and get back to nature.

I think it is more my way of thinking personally I just cannot see myself after so much hardship since the fall of the colonies that I would go from struggling to survive in space to struggling to survive on some new found planet without any provisions!

Also I would want to leave something behind to at least serve as memory to the last 4 years of misery and to remember the history of the 12 colonies by say leaving a ship on the moon with its computers filled with data, print out some books I dunno how but some way.

yes I get it was a whole writers thing to make it fit into how they ended up us modern day us but still grr......
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spratty View Post
                                I loved the ending but the part that bugged me was how easy everyone just went yep lets get rid of all our tech, science, medicine and get back to nature.

I think it is more my way of thinking personally I just cannot see myself after so much hardship since the fall of the colonies that I would go from struggling to survive in space to struggling to survive on some new found planet without any provisions!

Also I would want to leave something behind to at least serve as memory to the last 4 years of misery and to remember the history of the 12 colonies by say leaving a ship on the moon with its computers filled with data, print out some books I dunno how but some way.

yes I get it was a whole writers thing to make it fit into how they ended up us modern day us but still grr......
                                They wanted to keep a low profile since they no longer had Galacttica...

Comment

Working...
                                X