SyFy/Neilsen Caprica Rating Predictions/Discussions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SyFy/Neilsen Caprica Rating Predictions/Discussions

With Caprica premiering tonight on Syfy, I thought i'd create a thread for all ratings related news. discussion and predictions.

So with the pilot now been available in multiple formats already for some time, how do you think it will preform tonight??

I hope that it preforms well. Caprica is essentially Syfy's flagships show and it's expensive, so it needs to get good ratings. I'm hoping for at least a 1.9 for the pilot.
    sigpic

Comment

I'm not sure if the pilot will have good ratings because it has already been released on DVD. But I hope for the best, I will watch the pilot anyways to support the show.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSpaceAlien View Post
        I hope that it preforms well. Caprica is essentially Syfy's flagships show and it's expensive, so it needs to get good ratings. I'm hoping for at least a 1.9 for the pilot.
        Pfft. Good luck with a 1.9. And I have never once heard SyFy call Caprica their flagship show
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
          So with the pilot now been available in multiple formats already for some time, how do you think it will preform tonight??
          1.3 for live +sd; 1.4-1.5 after live +7
          sigpic
          The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

I'm not really expecting it to do well, to be honest.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm in Canada so my ratings don't matter however I have seen it on DVD and still watched it on SPACE. Though the Haiti concert was on so that could affect the ratings.
              Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

oooooooooo great a new shiny ratings thread to compare BSG and a new series. They will of course spin any numbers and compare it to the last season of BSG which pulled around like 2.2 to 2.3 million viewers for the season average. However, I do not see the pilot getting anything above a 1.5 HH rating, since the pilot has been available in multiple markets like DVD and itunes, and the net. So a 1.5 rating is being generous. I watched the pilot, and I thought it was ok. I think SyFy is expecting a low turnout for the premiere, it is the next several eps and keeping people interested is their main concern really.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm not expecting much for last night's premiere, due to the pilot being on DVD for almost a year, being available online, and the Hope for Haiti telethon last night.

Next week's episode is whats important.
                  "God save us from half the people who think they're doing God's work." - Dean Winchester

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                    oooooooooo great a new shiny ratings thread to compare BSG and a new series. They will of course spin any numbers and compare it to the last season of BSG
                    ...why would you compare it to anything but the most recent incarnation of the franchise?
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      ...why would you compare it to anything but the most recent incarnation of the franchise?
                      Because that is how the networks work. Watch them compare it to all the BSG seasons it surpassed. They might even compare to Stargate if they are good enough
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Yeah, um I was being sarcastic. We know that is how the ratings spin game works.

As per Caprica, I don't want to say my opinion of where the ratings will go or the show, because don't want to jinx it.
                        sigpic

Comment

But that doesn't make any sense, it's a franchise. You compare it to the most recent incarnation to see how it's doing relatively. If you're isolating comparison to one series, you compare the season 4, 3, and 2 premieres to the season 1 premiere. But Caprica doesn't have those yet, so it'll get compared to BSG season 4.5.

There's no logic or sense in comparing season 1 premieres between two totally different series. The franchise is in a totally different place, the TV market is in a totally different place, the whole frakkin' world is in a different place. So you compare it to the most recent comparison point, it's the only thing that makes sense.

Comment

But that doesn't make any sense, it's a franchise. You compare it to the most recent incarnation to see how it's doing relatively. If you're isolating comparison to one series, you compare the season 4, 3, and 2 premieres to the season 1 premiere. But Caprica doesn't have those yet, so it'll get compared to BSG season 4.5.

There's no logic or sense in comparing season 1 premieres between two totally different series. The franchise is in a totally different place, the TV market is in a totally different place, the whole frakkin' world is in a different place. So you compare it to the most recent comparison point, it's the only thing that makes sense.
                            Your point?
                            sigpic

Comment

Never expect sense from the networks. They use the numbers to paint the show in a positive light rather its accurate of not. Unless your Flash Gordon. Those numbers can't be spun in a positive light
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X