Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Momoa scores the new Conan the Barbarian film!

http://www.deadline.com/hollywood/to...n-hires-momoa/

excerpt:

EXCLUSIVE: Today's the day for all things Conan to be resolved. First, there was Conan the late night host getting a whopping check to leave. Now, Conan the Barbarian has been crowned. I hear that Millennium Films, Lionsgate, and rights holder Paradox Entertainment have approved Jason Momoa to star in Conan, the rebirth of the Robert E. Howard-created series. The brawny star of Stargate Atlantis who also stars in HBO's Game of Thrones, Momoa got the nod over Kellan Lutz, the Twilight guy. I told you that the search for Conan had come down to the duo. Sources said that director Marcus Nispel was sold on Momoa, and won over the filmmakers by shooting a few trial scenes that allowed Momoa to wield a sword and behave very Schwarzenegger-like

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Yes!!!!!!
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

And another article has more details.

http://www.heatvisionblog.com/2010/0...barbarian.html

Comment

And...

http://www.superherohype.com/news/topnews.php?id=9005

....At the same time, Latino Review says that an offer has been put out to Mickey Rourke to play Conan's father Corin.

Rest at link above

Comment

Think we can officially kiss the Atlantis movie goodbye at this point then.

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
            I don't think so.....Ronon can have a smaller role or no role at all. I've very glad for Jason, he seems to fit the role of Conan perfectly. Can't wait to see how the film develops!

Comment

good.
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I would think if they could convince Jason to come back to film the movie (bet he commands a bigger salary now!) it would make the movie more attractive to produce - they could market it as the one with Conan in it... get a wider audience.
                sigpic

Comment

way to go jason woo hoo. You know i will be watching that when it comes out for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

BOOYAH! Go Jason!

Comment

I think Jason Mamoa would be an ideal candidate for the role of Conan the Barbarian. Only I am extremly concerned that this will have consequences on the Stargate Atlantis film. But also I keep in mind that MGM is in financial problems.
                      Lord Zedd

Comment

Looks like his paycheck for atlantis movie will go up. Thats if it gets made.
                        sigpic
                        Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                        Metal gear fan

Comment

Didn't McKay called Ronan "Conan" and Teyla "Xena" in a couple of episodes?

Comment

Great news, for every body.

A LOL comment from superherohype:
                            Posted by: LoLzer on January 21, 2010 at 21:09:32

black conan? interesting..BRONAN the barbarian
                            sigpic
                            - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Zedd View Post
                              I think Jason Mamoa would be an ideal candidate for the role of Conan the Barbarian. Only I am extremly concerned that this will have consequences on the Stargate Atlantis film. But also I keep in mind that MGM is in financial problems.
                              Actors can't wait on a "maybe" film. They gotta keep moving. Honestly, I don't have much hope for an SGA film, not at this rate (by the time they get around to it, McKay will be bald!)

Comment

Working...
                              X