Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conan - Starring: Jason Momoa News/Speculation/Discussion/SPOILERS

It’s official. Momoa is the new Conan!

Last week Michael Fleming on Deadline Hollywood reported that Jason Momoa and Kellan Lutz along with a third more well known name were contenders to topline CONAN for Lionsgate.

Who was the 3rd well known name which Michael Fleming didn’t mention?

It was Supernatural’s JARED PADALECKI.

Padalecki worked with Marcus Nispel recently on the Friday the 13th reboot.

Prior to Padalecki auditioning, Momoa, Lutz, and another unknown actor named John Brotherton went through a series of rigorous screen tests.

From those original three, it was Momoa who emerged early on as Marcus Nispel’s top choice with Kellan Lutz a distant second.

The folks at Lionsgate wanted to be extra sure, hence why they held off offering the part to Momoa and auditioning Jared Padalecki which took place this week.

What was the game changer?

Why the change of heart for the studio?

Momoa came into Lionsgate late last week after the Fleming story broke and met with everyone at the studio and charmed the pants off the executives.

Apparently, Momoa is good in the room.

Momoa also screen tested yet again this week.

So there you have it folks, Jason Momoa is your new Conan.

Momoa has starred in Stargate Atlantis, Baywatch Hawaii, and a couple of episodes of CW’s The Game.

With less than eight weeks to go before production starts, Momoa starts training rigorously for the part on Monday.

In other Conan news, after an early draft the script leaked online last year, Andrew Lobel as recently as December did revisions on the script originally penned by Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. From what I was told, Lobel knocked the rewrite out of the park.

Formal announcements in the trades should be imminent.

But that's not all.

*UPDATE*

I just found out that the offer has gone out to Mickey Rourke to play Conan's dad, CORIN!

http://www.latinoreview.com/news/con...-wrestler-9032
    Last edited by TheRandomOne; 21 January 2010, 05:20 PM. Reason: Conan - Starring: Jason Momoa

Ahem. HEX YEAH!

Comment

Excellent news indeed. I am a bit worried that as Conan, he'll be a bit too much like Ronan. If they can at least make him talk more, I'll be happy.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        Excellent news indeed. I am a bit worried that as Conan, he'll be a bit too much like Ronan. If they can at least make him talk more, I'll be happy.
        I agree, and not sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

Comment

I can just picture Jason going in to try out & they ask for some kind of tape or DVD of his past work & he hands them an Epic Video of him as Ronon in action & that was all that they needed

Comment

I wonder what kind of hair he'll have?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              I agree, and not sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger.
              Unfortunately the acting it's the same...
              sigpic
              Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Good for him. I really hope this role is good for Jason.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

"conan the conversationalist"?

he was a barbarian you know!!
                  sigpic
                  EMBRACE DEMOCRACY, OR YOU WILL BE ERADICATED
                  -Liberty Prime

Comment

It shouldn't be too hard for him to pull off, it's only a one letter diference from Ronan.
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Awesome, Good thing he got the job; he deserves it.
                      Favorite Characters:
                      Babylon 5: Londo Mollari, G'Kar
                      Farscape: Rygel, Zhaan
                      SG1: Jack O'Neill
                      SG-A: Rodney McKay

Favorite Shows In Order:
                      Stargate SG-1 | DS9 | Babylon 5 | Farscape | ST:VOY | Firefly |Stargate Universe | Stargate Atlantis | BSG

Comment

only thing i like about the remake so far is this news...jason should do very well.

Comment

Well....even though I didn't like SGA, or Ronon, and don't feel that Conan demands a remake....

I think he's the perfect choice to cast in the role.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            It shouldn't be too hard for him to pull off, it's only a one letter diference from Ronan.
                            So we will rename the movie "Ronan the Barbarian"!?!......

In all seriousness, a HUGE congrats to Jason!!!!!
                            My Life Motto: There are no wrong roads in life just paths that lead to unexpected Adventures.
                            "Ago simplex sic alius may simplex ago" - Live simply, so other's may simply live - Ghandi

Comment

I guess this means Stargate can no longer afford him. You go, Jason! Byebye, Ronon.
                              sigpic
                              More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                              X