The Wall (418)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
    I did. I thought it was pretty foolish on Samuel's part to send someone like Eli after someone who can't die and someone who's been very hard to kill..
    Maybe that it part of a plan that Samuel has? To get rid of Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by Aerilon View Post
      Thought it was 3 years in the end?
      When Sylar was trapped for three hours in Matt's basement, it seemed 3 years in his head... And after Peter and Sylar got out, Peter said half a day past. So Peter probably spend 9 hours=years in Sylar's mind.

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
      Maybe that it part of a plan that Samuel has? To get rid of Eli.
      Was thinking that too... After all, Eli's the only one who knows that Noah didn't really shoot Lydia. A suicide mission against Sylar and Peter would be an easy way to off him.
      Mia: Don't you hate that?
      Vincent: Hate what?
      Mia: Uncomfortable silences. Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?
      Vincent: I don't know. That's a good question.
      Mia: That's when you know you've found somebody really special: you can just shut the f*** up for a minute and comfortably share silence.
      - Pulp Fiction

Comment

peter still has his mind powers but i dont think the writers would just make him push thoughts in eli, and im guessing the writers would make sylar hesitate to kill eli since him turning good.

it would be awesome to see several sylars though. im thinking peter reads eli mind and knows claire and noah are underground. so after knocking out eli peter helps find noah and claire while sylar goes save the world.
        sigpic

Comment

.....Thirdly, a solution to Peter's power. I see a number of options. #1 - Sylar has the ability to 'fix' things, thus he could (essentially) fix Peter's power, giving him his original? #2 - If Peter meets Ando, Ando could (essentially) supercharge him, thus giving Peter the ability to acquire more powers? #3 - Peter could take Sylar's true Empath power, and use it as he pleases; it should be noted that Sylar's empath power is the same as Peter's original one.
          #4 Peter takes doppleganger's power, multiple Peter's and Sylar dispose of doppleganger easily enough. Each Peter copies a different power from Sylar, merging that power into a central/original Peter.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeroPoint View Post
            #4 Peter takes doppleganger's power, multiple Peter's and Sylar dispose of doppleganger easily enough. Each Peter copies a different power from Sylar, merging that power into a central/original Peter.
            Still, he'd only have Sylar's powers, and not his true Empath ability.

The easiest way for Peter to get his true Empath power back, if to take it from Sylar. But the writers wont do that.
            sigpic
            It's Probin' Time!

Comment

But then, this is Heroes, so anything could happen depending on writing whims.

It could be that since Peter hasn't done anything after getting out of the wall, his power may have changed from the mental stress. Sylar too with stress and various people mucking around in his head.

Come to think of it, why were they using pickaxes anyway. Couldn't Sylar have tried to telekinese some bricks out? When Parkman bricked him up, did he elimate powers while doing so? Combined that with the overall stress of the wall, either person's powers could now be changed.

I was trying to find a nice way to say it before, but maybe Sylar could have a power block now, or just not want to fight anymore. From the dreams, it was Sylar rescuing Emma, but it could be a sufficiently annoyed Peter with Sylar's abilities including shapeshifting himself to look like Sylar.
              Last edited by ZeroPoint; 06 February 2010, 09:08 AM.

Comment

[...]
                Come to think of it, why were they using pickaxes anyway. Couldn't Sylar have tried to telekinese some bricks out? When Parkman bricked him up, did he elimate powers while doing so? Combined that with the overall stress of the wall, either person's powers could now be changed.

[...]
                They never used pickaxes; inside Sylar's head neither of them had powers, in fact it wouldn't even had mattered what tools they used to get out because nothing was real. The sledgehammers were only a metaphor so they could picture the act of breaking through. If you meant the actual physical wall - Syler couldn't stop Matt from bricking him in because he was unconscious.

[...]
                Sylar and Peter both get his power, and thats the end of him. I don't truly think the writers / Samuel thought that through all too well. It is also interesting to wonder how exactly, Samuel knew that Peter and Sylar were at Matt's old apartment?
                [...]
                Or he was sent for Matt and didn't know that Peter and Sylar were there. But the suicide mission seems more likely. (or the writers hit their heads. again.)

I'm still annoyed by the fact that they didn't use Claire's blood to save Lydia. She was right there. I was hoping that they'd try to do it in this episode. It's not like they retconed this possible use - when we first learned about Hiro's tumor they specifically mentioned why using Claire's blood wasn't an option.
                Carter: "The singularity is about to explode!"

Comment

I always though that Sylar and Peter had very similar, but NOT IDENTICAL powers. Maybe that was just the implementation of the power though in the individual's mind.

Can you be certain he'd get his power back and not the hunger that Sylar has/had? Is it really within Sylar the same way that Peter's original power worked?

Hm...I was trying to reply to Aerilon, but his message isn't there anymore........
                  Last edited by ZeroPoint; 07 February 2010, 07:44 PM. Reason: I replied to a post that is gone for now.

Comment

Hm...I was trying to reply to Aerilon, but his message isn't there anymore........
                    Try page #1? - we're on page #2 now, if you didn't know?

I've just checked, my posts are still there (on page #1).
                    sigpic
                    It's Probin' Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      If this ends up being the series finale, I don't mind it ending with Sylar being the hero.

I wish we could get another season so we could continue seeing him as the hero though.
                      That would be nice.. Seeing him use his amassed powers for good finally. BUT how will he really get redemption with all the dozens of people he has killed haing over his head?

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
                      The Peter/Sylar stuff was great! I loved seeing more of Noah's past, too bad we didn't get to see Claude again. (the invisible guy from Season 1, I thought we were going to see him!) Can't wait for next week! Please let there be a Season 5!
                      That was really shocking to see that Noah had another wife and she was pregnant.. BUT it also explains why he hates Evo's so much, cause one killed her and his unborn..

Originally posted by TBA View Post
                      I quite liked the Peter/Sylar stuff though, but I was worried Peter would just forget about Nathan and instantly befriend Sylar. Turns out they eventually did, it only took him about 9 years
                      I know some people who have taken even longer. Such as a work mate who after 14 years, actually became good friends with someone in jail, when that guy in jail killed his sister in a DUI accident.

Originally posted by Inquisitor View Post
                      Yeah, I mean, how would Lauren know about them? Peter nor Sylar were in contact with Noah and Noah couldn't have known about the dream.
                      Unless they have a very accurate fortune teller
                      How do they transport the whole carnival?? WE don't know. BUT they seem to get people to where they need to be rather quickly.. So perhaps they have someone similar to Molly on the roster, who can locate anyone needed, and teleport them there..??

Comment

Working...
                      X