• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jacksonville (215)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    JACKSONVILLE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 215

A seismic disaster in Manhattan convinces Walter that the two universes are colliding, bringing the team to an abandoned daycare in Jacksonville — where Olivia must relive the experiments to which she was subjected as a child, in the hopes of preventing another disaster.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 09 December 2013, 02:18 PM.

A great episode, touching on all the underlying aspects of the show again. I was wondering when the alternate reality was going to rear its ugly head again. It did so in a shudderingly creepy way, that guy fusing with his alternate self!

Poor Olivia, I really felt for her, her childhood fear had turned into emptiness and loneliness. As I watched her it struck me that she just can't be happy, ever! Just when there could be a happy moment in her life she 'sees' Peter for what he is, her 'talent' nurtured and honed so many years ago in a horrible experiment came back again at that moment to take her away from any chance of a normal life.

Will she tell Peter? Wow, what a moment to be left with until April 1st!

Comment

Great episode.

I wonder what's going to happen on the 20th May 2010 though?

I mean the combination to the lock, Walter couldn't remember why Bell always used the same code - I wonder if it's a date or something? isn't 52010 20th May the American calender way?

Comment

damn ian-s you got here 1st, i noticed that as well and wanted to mention it here days ago, but the topic was closed

gonna say one thing - remember this is fringe and it was put there deliberately just waving at fans, so it's not going to be anything too huge... my guess is that it's the date when we are going to see bell returning from the alternate reality, or they sent (years ago) something so huge to that reality, it will only be 'pushed' back years later at that date.
        ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Wow...took forever for this episode thread to open up. But I'm glad it finally did!

I really enjoyed the episode. It was excellent to get a glimpse into Olivia's young life. I could see her anger towards Walter growing through out the episode. Then when she finally found her fear trigger and she saw the building glimmer...I was like wow.

At the end when she was going out with Peter...I knew as soon as she opened the door she would see him glimmering. I was like "OH SH*T!" I wonder if she'll tell Peter that she knows he's from the alternate universe?
          sigpic

Comment

Sorry NIMBUS I was egging to get that out my system

Comment

I had a Total Recall flashback during the first act of this episode which people here will know to what I'm referring.
              I'm constantly in awe of the writing and characterization in this show. Even when an episode is lacking in the originality department, the characters always come in and bring to it the unique Fringe take on the madness confronting them. But this was an amazing episode... not just because it deals explicitly with the overarching narrative but there are so many important character moments.
              It was inevitable once Olivia regained her ability to see objects and beings from "The Other Side" that the cat would be out of the bag regarding Peter.
              The question now is: What will she do?

Wonderful classic Walter line:
              "That's fantastic... I've never won anything before..."
              sigpic
              "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
                I had a Total Recall flashback during the first act of this episode which people here will know to what I'm referring.
                I'm constantly in awe of the writing and characterization in this show. Even when an episode is lacking in the originality department, the characters always come in and bring to it the unique Fringe take on the madness confronting them. But this was an amazing episode... not just because it deals explicitly with the overarching narrative but there are so many important character moments.
                It was inevitable once Olivia regained her ability to see objects and beings from "The Other Side" that the cat would be out of the bag regarding Peter.
                The question now is: What will she do?

Wonderful classic Walter line:
                "That's fantastic... I've never won anything before..."
                I would love to see some of his greatest quotes from the show.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I would love to see some of his greatest quotes from the show.
                  I would too...seeing some "Walterisms" would be fun!
                  sigpic

Comment

Great episode, most of em leave us thirsting for more, esp with this one where Olivia finds out Peter is from an alternate reality. Still, think Walter has yet to be hit by the guilt train, I thought he was about to be but saving lives took precedence (as it should). Just waiting on it.

Comment

Juicy episode! And very well-executed!

It warrants a second viewing for several good reasons. For instance, I immediately noticed something was amiss when they had the opening scene location displayed as "Manhatan" (obviously incorrect spelling, at least over this side).

Later at the children's facility, there were just so many of the Fringe symbols appearing. The hand, the seahorse, the flower, the apple... probably all of them! And then Olive's mind-induced inferno reminded me a lot of Drew Barrymore in "Firestarter".

And now we wait for the next chapter in the story. No doubt none of us can wait...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                        Juicy episode! And very well-executed!

It warrants a second viewing for several good reasons. For instance, I immediately noticed something was amiss when they had the opening scene location displayed as "Manhatan" (obviously incorrect spelling, at least over this side).

Later at the children's facility, there were just so many of the Fringe symbols appearing. The hand, the seahorse, the flower, the apple... probably all of them! And then Olive's mind-induced inferno reminded me a lot of Drew Barrymore in "Firestarter".

And now we wait for the next chapter in the story. No doubt none of us can wait...
                        You can certainly say that again. I eagerly await April 1st.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          You can certainly say that again. I eagerly await April 1st.
                          Me too!
                          sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode.

The blending of both universes was awesome! Is Newton in this reality, did he cause it?

I don't think Olivia will be calling Walter "Dad" anytime soon. Her look of anger, contempt and disgust was chilling.

It's about time Nina was in an episode, where has she been?

Why was Cortexiphan still available? Shouldn't Belly have destroyed it instead of leaving it around? That was very careless.

Will Olivia and Peter ever kiss? Will Olivia spill the beans about Peter to Peter? If Walters theory on mass needing to replace mass is true, who replaced Peter when Walter took him? Did Belly take his place?
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                            Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                            GateCon Attendee 2008
                            Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                              I loved this episode.

The blending of both universes was awesome! Is Newton in this reality, did he cause it?

I don't think Olivia will be calling Walter "Dad" anytime soon. Her look of anger, contempt and disgust was chilling.

It's about time Nina was in an episode, where has she been?

Why was Cortexiphan still available? Shouldn't Belly have destroyed it instead of leaving it around? That was very careless.

Will Olivia and Peter ever kiss? Will Olivia spill the beans about Peter to Peter? If Walters theory on mass needing to replace mass is true, who replaced Peter when Walter took him? Did Belly take his place?
                              Who is this "Belly" you're talking about??
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X