• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bishop Revival (214)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    THE BISHOP REVIVAL
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214

The targeted murder of a Jewish family points to the research of Walter's own father, who developed a programmable pathogen while working as a spy in the Nazi regime.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2013, 10:18 AM.

Very nice episode last night. There were definitely a few twists I did not see coming in this one.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Yes there were some twists. Biggest one for me : I thought Walter had mixed up some sort of antidote and wanted to release it, so the virus wouldn't work. I would have never thought, that he would actually kill that man.

Interesting though, that neither Olivia nor Peter catched one detail. With the mad scientist making a version to attack Walter, Peter would have been affected too. Just like with the family in the beginning of the episode.
      Seems like 'Alternate Universe' means 'alternate genetic makeup' as well.

Just hope they reveal how the Nazi scientist was able to not age. Somehow I thought of the Observers....
      sigpic
      Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
      Spoiler:
      Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
      You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
        Just hope they reveal how the Nazi scientist was able to not age. Somehow I thought of the Observers....
        It's the obvious linkage and now that particular angle's got me wondering
        Spoiler:
        if Walter is really Walter and not Robert...

Anyway... what an intriguing episode. Very dark with Walter fighting fire with fire, raising all kinds of ethical issues. I am also eager to see how this story links up with the overall arc.
        I could see immediately looking at the mysterious bi-spectacled figure that he was German and probably a neo Nazi especially when most of the wedding party were wearing skull caps.
        I loved finding out more about the Bishop family tree... interesting that the episode was about largely about families... wedding, family history, shared genetic traits
        Personally I think S2 is quite sensational... Fringe is one of the least formulaic shows around. It goes into all kinds of interesting places that one doesn't quite expect from the obligatory horror opening.
        Last week I wandered into a Fringe forum and was very surprised to read comments about how the show has gone down in some people's estimation. I for one think that S2 is so good and certainly better than the first half of S1.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
          It's the obvious linkage and now that particular angle's got me wondering
          Spoiler:
          if Walter is really Walter and not Robert...

Anyway... what an intriguing episode. Very dark with Walter fighting fire with fire, raising all kinds of ethical issues. I am also eager to see how this story links up with the overall arc.
          I could see immediately looking at the mysterious bi-spectacled figure that he was German and probably a neo Nazi especially when most of the wedding party were wearing skull caps.
          I loved finding out more about the Bishop family tree... interesting that the episode was about largely about families... wedding, family history, shared genetic traits
          Personally I think S2 is quite sensational... Fringe is one of the least formulaic shows around. It goes into all kinds of interesting places that one doesn't quite expect from the obligatory horror opening.
          Last week I wandered into a Fringe forum and was very surprised to read comments about how the show has gone down in some people's estimation. I for one think that S2 is so good and certainly better than the first half of S1.
          IDK if I agree with what you have spoilered. For some reason that seems to obvious...and this show is by far not obvious!

I really enjoyed the episode! I was very surprised with how Walter solved the problem!
          sigpic

Comment

Yes there were some twists. Biggest one for me : I thought Walter had mixed up some sort of antidote and wanted to release it, so the virus wouldn't work. I would have never thought, that he would actually kill that man.
            I think Walter worked out quiet early who the guy was because of the off the hand comment about his DNA ageing him at 100+.

Nah, the Nazi's experimented with it, it was in another one of Walter's throw away comments.

Comment

I work in pharmaceuticals, and trust me this kind of biological warfare is well within our grasp, which is very concerning! And with the appeal such a weapon has, what with religo-racial cleansing being a hot topic for many extremists, its appearance over the coming decades is almost assured.

I love having the scientific education that I do because it really allows me to grapple possibilities that fringe science as presented in the show can have. Of course, it also makes me cringe at bull**** science like the face-changing devices seen earlier in the season.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                I work in pharmaceuticals, and trust me this kind of biological warfare is well within our grasp, which is very concerning! And with the appeal such a weapon has, what with religo-racial cleansing being a hot topic for many extremists, its appearance over the coming decades is almost assured.

I love having the scientific education that I do because it really allows me to grapple possibilities that fringe science as presented in the show can have. Of course, it also makes me cringe at bull**** science like the face-changing devices seen earlier in the season.
                LOL...I liked the face changing device!
                sigpic

Comment

I guess it beats botox.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
                    I guess it beats botox.
                    LOL...yes...this is true!
                    sigpic

Comment

Walter driving the car was hilarious. And he's also playing Cupid. How much would you pay to see Walter in his purple suit.

Another glimpse into my favorite dysfunctional family, what other layers will be revealed? Walters dark side came out again with him killing the Nazi guy

Spoiler:

Was it Walters father that wrote the ZFT Manifesto and not Walter?
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                      Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                      GateCon Attendee 2008
                      Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                        Walter driving the car was hilarious. And he's also playing Cupid. How much would you pay to see Walter in his purple suit.

Another glimpse into my favorite dysfunctional family, what other layers will be revealed? Walters dark side came out again with him killing the Nazi guy

Spoiler:

Was it Walters father that wrote the ZFT Manifesto and not Walter?
                        Walter would've been a kid during the Nazi's rule...and a young kid at that.
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X