Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

TNT partners with Spielberg for alien-invasion TV series

Basic cable network TNT is going into the sci-fi business with Steven Spielberg and ER's Noah Wyle in an as-yet-untitled alien-invasion series set for 2011. The network has given the green light to 10 episodes of the new show, which will star Wyle, who has made a mark on TNT in the fantasy Librarian series of movies.

Robert Rodat (Saving Private Ryan) wrote the pilot from an idea he co-conceived with Spielberg (Syfy's Taken), and it was directed by Carl Franklin (One False Move). Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) also stars.

The series takes place after an apocalyptic invasion of Earth and focuses on a ragtag group of survivors; Wyle plays a former teacher who finds himself caught up in the rebellion.

Following ABC's V, NBC's Day One and the canceled Invasion among similarly themed series, the TNT show will have a lot to live up to. Do you think it will?

Read more in the edited version of TNT's announcement:
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/01/tnt-par...medium=twitter
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 02 July 2010, 11:59 AM.

If Spielberg just "co-conceived" the idea, my interest in this would fail a lot. Not too fond of the idea, survivors on an apocalyptic Earth. Definitely need more news.

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm, well it is Steven Speilberg. TNT has shown the Speilberg movies Minority Report and War of the Worlds quite often so I assume there is a audience (maybe not the best example). So, if this isn't successful I will be surprised.
      Last edited by Replicator Todd; 16 July 2010, 08:47 AM.

Comment

I will probably at least give this a shot. There is no harm in that.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Hmmm. I'm not convinced yet. It could be good, but it could also fail abysmally.
          sigpic

Comment

isnt spielberg done with alien invasion?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
              isnt spielberg done with alien invasion?
              Apparently not.

Comment

TNT’s Official Description For Falling Skies

Here’s that description:

FALLING SKIES is an exciting new series from DreamWorks Television and executive producer Steven Spielberg. Noah Wyle (ER, TNT’s The Librarian movies) stars as a former college professor who becomes the leader of a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against an occupying alien force. Moon Bloodgood (Terminator Salvation) co-stars as Anne Glass, a therapist who works with the surviving children to help them cope with the traumatic situation. The series also stars Drew Roy (Lincoln Heights) as Hal and Maxim Knight (Brothers & Sisters) as Matt, Tom’s two sons; and Seychelle Gabriel (Weeds) as Lourdes, an orphaned teenager who helps run the group’s commissary. Will Patton (Armageddon, TNT’s Into the West) will play a recurring role as a fierce resistance fighter. FALLING SKIES is slated to premiere in 2011.

http://www.ksitetv.com/tnts-official...falling-skies/

15 images for Falling Skies

http://ksitetv.com/falling/fallingskies1.htm

Comment

Another end of the world/ invasion series? Has to be something special to be successful, this has been done and redone too many times.
                  sigpic

Comment

Might be good.
                    I just hope we get a original alien design, an something that is really alien.

There has not been a alien invasion story lately that had the chance to complete its story. They end way before there stories are finish an usually just when they are about to become interesting. Like Invasion.
                    Hope it better than V it should not be to hard to achieve through.

The pictures on the link above, show to me that this may have the scale to succeed.

It seem to show a travelling convoy which could be a interesting idea to have, instead of having it all base in one city or town.

Comment

I already watch V which isnt post-apocalyptic but its about alien invasion, unless V gets cancelled after season 2 i think ill pass

I never watched NBC's Day One and im not going to watch this just because Spielberg is attatched it has to have something quite unique for me to watch it
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

Falling Skies - Pilot - New Promotional Photos featuring Moon Bloodgood

http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/07/fal...omotional.html

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1462059/

Spoiler:
                          one of the comments claim to have seen the pilot episode. Not sure if that reliable. But I do like the sound of it.
                          A brick of C4 to take down a alien, I am cool with that. Mechs, an aliens that looks like a ant only more vicious, I am very cool with that.
                          If this true an accurate then I think I am gonna love this series.
                          Aliens controling kids to do there evil deeds, I am all up for that, that could be a pretty sad event especially if the parents have to kill them.

A child reacting the war, sound like something out of Spielberg book.
                          Last edited by knowles2; 18 July 2010, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Sarah Carter joins TNT's 'Falling Skies'

Sarah Carter has reportedly joined the upcoming TNT/DreamWorks series Falling Skies.

The Shark actress has signed to play a motorcycle gang member in the Steven Spielberg-produced sci-fi series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...ing-skies.html

Comment

SDCC 10: Falling Skies Attacks Comic-Con

Terminator Salvation's Moon Bloodgood and ER's Noah Wyle took the stage to provide significant Q & A for their new sci-fi show on TNT, Falling Skies, which made its debut at Comic-Con today.

continues:
                              http://uk.tv.ign.com/articles/110/1107095p1.html

Comment

Working...
                              X