No announcement yet.

Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is anyone watching this at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Tanith0709 View Post
      So is anyone watching this at the moment?
      I already have two shows recording at 8:00pm cst on my DVR. So, I'm recording a later showing. I hope to watch it tomorrow.
      sigpic

Comment

just finished watching. i'll put my comments in spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
        they jumped right in to the action, which while is exciting not knowing who the characters are, makes it hard to care. the father trying to find his kid would be more emotional if you knew anything about him.

for the most part it was kind of predictable, they have a jerk military officer, a doctor who reminded me of wray (even though shes not a doctor), and your stereo typical hero (o'neill, shepherd), and the criminal who you know is going to end up helping them a lot down the road.

that being said it did hold my interest for the most part, and i definetly will be tuning in next week. i just can't help but wonder how long this show has before it gets cancelled (as it seems is the fate for most sci-fi shows today).
        sigpic

Comment

I dvr'd it; planning on watching by tomorrow.
          sigpic

Comment

This draws a lot of parallels to the Walking Dead in my mind. It feels more like a movie than a TV show. It also seems, based on the initial two premier episodes, that each episode is going to be a "mission of the week" type episode with an underlying story that ties it all together. I actually like that. I don't like shows that are entirely one off episodes, or shows that are entirely arc based. I like a show that follows an arc, but can be easily watched over again in a stand alone format.

I'm also surprised at how much I like Noah Wyle in this... I hope I'm not the only one that got a slight "Malcolm Reynolds" vibe from him at times.

What I don't like is how cookie cutter most of the characters seem to be; they all fit into classic sci-fi molds. I mean in the end that isn't an entirely bad thing, because those molds were set for a reason, but I was kind of hoping for something entirely original. That said, as far as being a traditional sci-fi show Falling Skies seems pretty good. It combines the traditional sci-fi roles with the newer apocalyptic survival of humanity style; and it combines them very well.

I think this might be the show that most sci-fi fans have been waiting for. Even if you don't personally like it, it is the first true sci-fi show in recent memory that has what it takes to attract a wider audience. And even if it doesn't attract a wider audience, I like it.

Comment

Looking forward to watching this tomorrow (tonight is my watch of the last Game of Thrones ep). Reviews look good so far, from what I've read. High hopes.
              sigpic

Comment

I watched this last night.
                It deserves another look next week.
                I haven't fully committed to it.
                no means no, and so does pepper spray
                Sig by The Carpenter
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  just finished watching. i'll put my comments in spoilers for those who haven't seen it.

Spoiler:
                  they jumped right in to the action, which while is exciting not knowing who the characters are, makes it hard to care. the father trying to find his kid would be more emotional if you knew anything about him.

for the most part it was kind of predictable, they have a jerk military officer, a doctor who reminded me of wray (even though shes not a doctor), and your stereo typical hero (o'neill, shepherd), and the criminal who you know is going to end up helping them a lot down the road.

that being said it did hold my interest for the most part, and i definetly will be tuning in next week. i just can't help but wonder how long this show has before it gets cancelled (as it seems is the fate for most sci-fi shows today).
                  I agree completley with your synopsis.
                  I did enjoy it,though. Yes, that is Colin Cunningham
                  Last edited by Perelandra; 20 June 2011, 07:13 AM.

Comment

It didn't blow me away like Walking Dead did but it was interesting enough, I'll tune in again next week.

I love Colin Cunningham's character, he spiced it up nicely. Noah Wyle did a good job.

I wonder when the ratings will be in.
                    Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                    Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                    GateCon Attendee 2008
                    Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post

I wonder when the ratings will be in.
                      Now

TNT's 'Falling Skies' Off To Strong Start
                      http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/tnts...-strong-start/
                      The series starring Noah Wyle drew 5.9 million viewers for its 9-11 PM opener to become the most-watched cable premiere since TNT's Rizzoli & Isles (7.6 million) last summer, outpacing the October debut of AMC's The Walking Dead (5.3 million).

Comment

Nice that it got good ratings. Hope they don't drop off too much.

I enjoyed it for what it was. It wasn't spectacular but entertaining enough that I'll stick with it to see where it goes with the story.
                        IMO always implied.

Comment

Wow. More than I thought.
                          sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it, wasn't blown away, but I'm looking forward to the next episode. So far on what little I've seen, I'm liking it better than The Walking Dead and a lot better than V.

Comment

On a side note, a two hour pilot with different names for each half? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Comment

Originally posted by KEK View Post
                                On a side note, a two hour pilot with different names for each half? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
                                unlike most two parters of shows, there was a distinct ending to the first part, which makes me think that they were different episodes.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X