Falling Skies (TNT) - News/Speculation/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Ok...its re-airing tonight. I'm planning on watching it (or at least attempting to).
    I am glad you are going to give it another shot.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      I am glad you are going to give it another shot.
      Its recorded. So, now after some sleep...I'll watch it in the morning.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
        I'm guessing the children are somehow part of the mech's construction, kind of like the Cybermen. It would fit with the bipedal thing.
        I have a theory that the species that invaded earth was originally looked like us, but somehow mutated into what we saw in the premier, maybe the children are the most compatible with those mechanised weapons

kind of far fetched i know, but this is a sci fi show with steven spielberg attached
        Last Movie Watched
        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
          kind of far fetched i know, but this is a sci fi show with steven spielberg attached
          I may be wrong but I'm not sure he's the kind of "writers" with that kind of plot twists. But your theory may as well be true (since he's not the only one involved in the show).
          Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
            I may be wrong but I'm not sure he's the kind of "writers" with that kind of plot twists. But your theory may as well be true (since he's not the only one involved in the show).
            Nevertheless I look forward to seeing if im right or wrong
            Last Movie Watched
            X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
            Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
              I believe that he serves as executive producer on the show, and the writing is done by other people, such as Robert Rodat (who wrote Saving Private Ryan amount other things). However the various press relases about the show do state that Spielberg helped co create the concept of the show with Rodat, although how much participation that actually means is anyone's guess. He could have helped plot out the central ideas and arcs of the show, or just simply have said "hey lets make an alien invasion show", your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Well, I did it! I stayed awake and watched it! It was ok. It wasn't by any means a "blow my socks" off type of show. I'll see what happens tomorrow.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by magictrick View Post
                  Just watched the first episode. I'm hoping there's a grander purpose to the invasion that will be slowly revealed. Assuming that taking children and mind controlling them has a large part to play in the endgame plan.

Reminded me a lot of The Walking Dead. I don't think this was as good, but I see the potential. I also hope the characters won't continue to be as one-dimensional as the pilot portrayed them to be.

I did not get any O'neill, Sheppard or Reynolds vibe from Noah Wyle's character. Those are military characters and he's just a civilian who's thrown into the situation. He's going to end up combining his smarts with the military part he's picking up. If anything he's a John Crichton minus the craziness.
                  he struck me more as later-season's Daniel Jackson-- bookish, geeky, but learning to be a soldier. (i think some call the character Action Jackson at that point in the series. )
                  All of the above statments are merely my own opinion unless otherwise stated.

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                    he struck me more as later-season's Daniel Jackson-- bookish, geeky, but learning to be a soldier. (i think some call the character Action Jackson at that point in the series. )
                    he did remind me of later seasons daniel. he still knows his books and nerdy stuff but can kick ass!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snookie16 View Post
                      Yeah, I can kind of see that.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Watched it yesterday. It had this 'I think I've seen this somewhere' feeling, but it was ok, and I'll go on watching, I'm curious about what they are doing with the children.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                          Watched it yesterday. It had this 'I think I've seen this somewhere' feeling, but it was ok, and I'll go on watching, I'm curious about what they are doing with the children.
                          You're right...there was a movie where aliens attached a creature like that. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in the movie it wasn't only children who had the thing attached to their necks.
                          sigpic

Comment

Gotta say tonights episode is pretty good!
                            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              You're right...there was a movie where aliens attached a creature like that. I can't remember the name of the movie, but in the movie it wasn't only children who had the thing attached to their necks.
                              Wasn't it the Puppet masters or something like that?

Anyway pretty darn good episode, they obviously use the children as cheap slave labor, cheap enough to kill a bunch of them just to make a point. The skitters only growl so they do not seem to have an spoken language, so they have to be telepathic or something like that. I want to see if they are able to save the children or if they are a lost cause.

Does anyone think that Maggie is still alive and what could the skitters want with her? That's a definite change in tactic since so far they had killed anybody older than 13 period
                              The world hath known no greater love than this, to give one's life for his friends. John 15:34

The banning of images in SIGs suck.

Comment

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk View Post
                                Wasn't it the Puppet masters or something like that?

Anyway pretty darn good episode, they obviously use the children as cheap slave labor, cheap enough to kill a bunch of them just to make a point. The skitters only growl so they do not seem to have an spoken language, so they have to be telepathic or something like that. I want to see if they are able to save the children or if they are a lost cause.
                                Spoiler:

Well at the end, the alien opened his eyes and they had a dramatic shot with the kid they brought back and his eyes...like a connection was made between the two so I suspect we may know more about any telepahtic connection next week.

Originally posted by RJLCyberPunk
                                Does anyone think that Maggie is still alive and what could the skitters want with her? That's a definite change in tactic since so far they had killed anybody older than 13 period
                                Do you mean Karen, Tom's son's girlfriend?
                                Spoiler:
                                so far I think she is still alive, if anything the writers are going to want to do something dramatic with Tom, his son and her.
                                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Working...
                                X