X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rogue Trader; Tales from the Spirit of Silence

This is not exactly a Stargate story per sei

BUT

It does have several starget elements and items in it, taking place in the year 42,010 AD, man has spread to other planets in the milky way galaxy, earth is now known as Holy Terra. This story has ties to Amann's War of Gods & Men story However this stoyr is written in Episode format, meaning each chapter is one episode of a season. Our crew is still being built yet we still have the main guys, still in need of a TechMedic though. Link to come shortly
    Last edited by Princess Awinita; 20 January 2010, 04:27 PM.

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
    "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
    "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

This has all the potential of a ripping good yarn whether you're War Hammer fan or not, it's pure sci-fi. We'd appreciate some reviews and as The Princess has said, we need another crew member. So please take a look and make a comment as well if you can

Just go here

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...m-the-Darkness
    Last edited by puddlejumperOZ; 20 January 2010, 03:31 PM.
    My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
    sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

here is the actual ink ot see what's going on though, I think our good admiral has (by mistake) Posted the printing link instead of the actual thread link ?

What we are currently going through so far is located HERE, the story link for the thread (where our adventures end up after good proper editing) is located HERE

Please enjoy

"The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
        here is the actual ink ot see what's going on though, I think our good admiral has (by mistake) Posted the printing link instead of the actual thread link ?

What we are currently going through so far is located HERE, the story link for the thread (where our adventures end up after good proper editing) is located HERE

Please enjoy
        Yep I did to, but fixed

Comment

hehe either way we are going through a good story and are in need of our medical officer. (known as a TechMedic) everyone we have currently on crew is listed in post #2 of the thread

Comment

Any medics out there looking for work? The pay ain't great, but the fun factor will be

Comment

TechMedic post has been taken on the crew, so far so good, episode one of ten (so far planned) is currently online at link proved, episode two and three are under editing, and episode four is underway as I post this. I hope everyone enjoys our story written as a group between myself, Admiral PJOZ, Captain Amann, Medic Alteran, and Lieutant EllieVee.

~
              Princess Awinita

Comment

Chapter two has been uploaded, please see third post for links directly to the story itself, review and enjoy!

Comment

I was recently asked a few questions on fanfiction.net regarding this new series. I'll answer a few of them here using the Q&A format to keep things easy for all

Q: Why Warhammer?
                  A: Why not? its the only place one can really make a character and a story around them not tied down to a set area or persons

Q: Who is Ni-Fang?
                  A: She's the child of a merchant family, and sole heir to same company her father Johen owns and operates off Mars, called Merchantile Company (MerTelCom)

Q: Who is Hieden?
                  A: Hieden as he is commonly known presently was once known as Captain Hammer Starfire before disappearing in a Laraxan raid. he is now working as first mate to Ni-Fang on her ship.

Q: How old is Ni-Fang?
                  A: she is 20 years of age at start of the series, by end of epsidoe ten she is 21

Q: who is Fan and why does she call Hieden "Diae"?
                  A: Fan is an orphaned girl born of the warp similar to Ni-Fang, who was taken in by Hieden when she was a infant. She is tainted and possessed by a daemon that acts similar to the Goa'uld.

Q: What can we expect in terms of pairings for characters?
                  A: Well we have a strong love interest between the First Mate, and the Navigator, and also a love interest between the techPriest and the techmedic. which seems to add a odd type of "fun" to the term disfunctional, there is also a possible love interest between Ni-Fang and another man who wont make an appearance until season two

Q: Why seasons?
                  A: Makes for easier writing to be honest.

Q: Why a Warhammer/SG1 crossover?
                  A: Why not?

Q: It has already been done once or twice by another writer, (name withdrawn)
                  A: I am actually friends with him and we speak to each other often, we agreed on having ties to his story as well as making this one standalone. However this may change in the future.

Q: Can you tell us more about Fan and Ni-Fang and how they know each other?
                  A: they grew up together pretty much all their lives, save for the past ten years (ten years prior to the events in the series now taking place) wherein Fan had been captured by the inquisition and jailed for being damonic yet guarded by the Emperor himself and his soldiers. Ni-Fang however came of age and perchased her own ship the Spirit of Silence.

Q: why that for a name?
                  A: First thing I came up with

Q: The serioes is good so far, yet sometimes confusing, is there any filler inbetween chapters?
                  A: No, its siomilar to a TV show, each chapter = one "episode" of a season. in this case, 20 episodes = one season. When season two begins it will be a seperate story.

if you have any questions feel free to ask them here in this thread and I'll get back to you all to answer as best I can

Comment

I was recently asked a few more questions about this series in my online chatroom (wherein severla of us from here actually meet up from time to time....)

Q: You mentioned others have wruiten a SG/Warhammer xover, does this mean you aren;t the first one?
                    A: Nope ,there are several writers out there that wrote SG/Warhammer crossover stories.

Q: Can you name any of them?
                    A: Only two, VexMaster and Amann0407 (Amann here on Gateworld) Both are good writers

Q: When you say you are crossing into the SG universe, what exactly do you mean by that?
                    A: Simple; lets just say that Earth holds the key to everything.

Q: Does this story tie into any others somehow?
                    A: Yes it does, it ties into Amann's story, War of Gods & Men at the start of season two, however at this time there is no plans of his writintg of the incident in detail, maybe a past mentioning, but so far unsure at this point.

Q: Who is Fan and why does she call Hieden "Diae?"
                    A: Fan is simnilar to Ni-Fang, a child born fo the warp, but also possessed by a daemon, however her daemon is similar to Ba'al and rarekly lets her have control of herself at times. She calls Hieden Diae because she was adopted by him as an infant at Ni-Fangs fathers request.

Q: Just how much has changed in 40K years?
                    A: A lot

Comment

I was recently asked a few more questions regarding things in this story series......

Q: How many seasons are you planning?
                      A: Right now the first season is all set Episode titles wise. Currently I'm planning at least two, maybe two and a half. Currently half of Season Two is titled, yet a whole season of twenty episodes is ready to be filled in, and only five of season three are rady to be filled in.

Q: How much stargate tech are we going ot see?

Q: Can you name anything familar to us from the SG universe?
                      A: yes, a headgrabber, a modified DHD/holographic database, a few ships (Daedalus/class appearance yet also heavliy warhammer 40,000 influnences to it) just to name a few items

Q: Any SG characters we might see or hear about?
                      A: yes, Lt General Carter appears as a hologram (as far as I know she does not appear in War of Gods & Men), also General Jack O'Niell also appears as does also Jacob/Selmec and a few others including Teal'c & Master Bra'tac

Q: Can you explain more about the three pronged key?
                      A: Just a little, the key is an item created to open things in the SG universe, it looks liek a upside down (Y), the key is made out of solid bronze, it opened a steel door, two hatches, and lastly the door to the Headgrabber room was so rotted due to time not liking it that it fell apart at Ni-Fans touch

Q: You mentioned a headgrabber, who gets it?
                      A: We've had many a debate over who is to get it downloaded into them and we finalized on Ni-Fang to download it, mostly because of her control over her inner daemon it would take several monthsto a year and a half before anything major begins to happen through her. (it wont be until episodes Fronache & a latte when strange things start happening).

Q: Inner Daemon? do you mean inner demon?
                      A: No I meant what I said, words are spelled slightly differnetly in the warhammer universe.

Q: When is the next update?
                      A: Soon, very very soon.....

Q: How soon?
                      A: this is also knoewn as the question of not asking a womans age! (kidding) within the hour of this posting there will be three chapters uploaded

Q: One more thing; what planet are Ni-Fang and Fan from exactly?
                      A: Their bloodline is Chinese, though known in the Warhasmmer 'verse as Lokik. The language they speak is known as Lokikaen, their planet in question is known as Lokiak near Port Wander.

Q: But weren't they born in the warp?
                      A: Yes they were, but their famil bloodlines return to their roots in China on earth before going to Lokiak.

Q: So there are Chinese influences to thisstory too?
                      A: And scottish, and american and a bit of romance and comedy.

Q: Who is Cirir? Is he a good dnacer?
                      A: He's one of the mutant crewmen aboard the Spirit of Silence. He has four legs and as such also four feet. (litterally he has two left feet) and you'd have to ask him I never did

Comment

I like it so far keep up with the updates. Great story it's on my update list.

Comment

Was asked a few more questions........

Q: How long of a delay for updates?
                          A: about two weeks until I have stable internet (read as private net)

Q: Where do I read the story?
                          A: to get the best experiance it is perfered that you read the story as it is uploaded on fanfiction.net under the crossovers category of SG-1 & Warhammer, titled Rogue Trader; Tales from the Spirit of Silence. It is however perfered to leave reviews both there on ff.net, and also here in this thread.

Q: OK, just how much Ancient-y stuff is in this story?

Q: Can you define a lot?
                          A: Nope, i'll remain Mum to anything more of terms of details

Comment

Hello me again! Time for some more Q's and A's to those Q's!! So lets get busy first with an update!!

Episodes 1 through 4 are uploaded to ff.net, link is found in post #3 of this thread, please enjoy and review.!!

And now the Q's!

Q: Finally an update, looking really good, but how come no Fan yet?
                            A: Fan does not arrive in the season until episode Holy Terra

Q: Hieden and Ni_fang seem to get along like brother/sister when it is more father daughter, is this correct?
                            A: Yes it is

Q: How old is Hieden?
                            A: You'll have to ask him I've never asked. But I assume somewhere in his late 50s nearer to 60 by middle of the first season

Q: Can you tell me more about Ni-Fangs family and the like? Does she have any extended family or is she the only one?
                            A: Ni-Fang is an only child, Fan is her cousin, younger by two months and four days. Both women are the same age and see each other as sisters. Ni-Fang has one uncle on her mtohers side of the family named Qiu, Fans father by blood.

Q: Can you tell us more about this Qiu guy?
                            A: At this point I cannot do so as it would spoil the suspense! I will however say he will make a fine addition to the story as it progresses

Q: Pretas seems a bit on edge, Gera seems to appear as a calm person, how did you guys think him up?
                            A: Who, Pretas or Gera?

Q: Gera
                            A: I'll lerave that to Geras creator, in the meantime I'll say that it was a good idea and added more depth to the storyline as a whole.

Q: Are we going ot be seeing more ships in this story other then the SoS?
                            A: Yes, one fo them is known as the Dawn, the other is known as the Vandiri.

Q: IS it just stargate related items and technology in this story mixed with Warhammer?
                            A: Well, not only warhammer and stargate, there are some elements of Starwars Ep 3 and Ep 6 in terms of ships. For example the Vandiri, and Prject Startail are both pretty much from the SW universe.

Q: When can we expect another update?
                            A: As soon as I get some free time, in the meantime please enjpoy the eps uploaded to ff.net so far.

Comment

A note for any readers, on Hieden, he started in the story in his late fifties, but since his death and "rebirth" he is now in his late twenties

Comment

Working...
                              X