This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Well it looks like you're (and I'm!) in luck, because word from AMC is that it'll be a 90-minute premiere episode

And thank god they're not pulling a Rubicon and making us wait ages for the second episode, the series is premiering and then carrying on as a normal series:

1.01 -- Oct 31
    1.02 -- Nov 17
    1.03 -- Nov 14
    1.04 -- Nov 21
    1.05 -- TBA
    1.06 -- TBA
    Sweet! That is really great news, on all counts.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How many episodes will the first season feature? Will the 90-minute premiere be two-hours, 90 minutes without commercials; or will it be 90 minutes with commercials (63 without)?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
        How many episodes will the first season feature? Will the 90-minute premiere be two-hours, 90 minutes without commercials; or will it be 90 minutes with commercials (63 without)?
        The first season will be comprised of the 90-minute premiere and 5 hour-long episodes, for a total of 6 episodes this season. If other AMC original series are any indication, the hour-long episodes will clock in at approximately 47 minute.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

How do you define a 90-minute episode? I define it as a two-hour episode with the commercial breaks editted out, leaving the viewer with a 90-minute episode. An example of this would be the series premiere of Stargate: Atlantis. "Rising" was a two-hour TV movie event, but on DVD, it's about 90 minutes long.

Thanks for the info. How come it will only be six episodes? Is AMC unsure of the show?

Comment

How do you define a 90-minute episode? I define it as a two-hour episode with the commercial breaks editted out, leaving the viewer with a 90-minute episode. An example of this would be the series premiere of Stargate: Atlantis. "Rising" was a two-hour TV movie event, but on DVD, it's about 90 minutes long.
            It hasn't been announced or made official yet, but I imagine that it means it'll probably get a 90-minute timeslot. In TV lingo, 'Rising' for instance is referred to as a two-hour pilot when, minus commercials, it clocks in at about 85 minutes. It hasn't been clarified yet, but I suspect it means that the WD premiere will be 10-1130pm.

Thanks for the info. How come it will only be six episodes? Is AMC unsure of the show?
            Well in the first place, AMC's original series are pretty much always 13-episode seasons so 6 isn't really that big of a deal. But with WD I think it probably comes down to budgetary reasons. It looks to be almost entirely on-location shooting (much more difficult and expensive than on-set), there's licensing fees to consider (the comic series upon which this is based), big-shot film guy Frank Darabont is heavily involved, Bear McCreary is scoring, and the make-up alone probably costs a fortune.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Thankyou for explaining. I am glad that Bear McCreary will be providing the score, his music for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was awesome. How come AMC shows are only 13-episode seasons? I miss the days when 26 episodes per season was the norm. Note that this is because I only keep up with a few shows per year. For 2009-10, I watched Sanctuary and plan to catch up with Stargate: Universe. That's only 33 episodes. This fall, I'll be watching The Walking Dead if the pilot impresses me.

Comment

I am glad that Bear McCreary will be providing the score, his music for Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles was awesome.

I first became acquainted with Bear McCreary's work for Battlestar Galactica and have loved everything I've heard him do since then.

How come AMC shows are only 13-episode seasons? I miss the days when 26 episodes per season was the norm.
                Again, it really comes down to budget. You'll notice that really all premium-cable produced TV series only have 12-13 episode seasons. You really don't have to look any further than AMC and HBO's original series programming. It's partially a matter of cable networks not having as much financial backing as the major networks, but also because these original series have such huge production values. You can really see it in shows like Mad Men or Deadwood.

Note that this is because I only keep up with a few shows per year. For 2009-10, I watched Sanctuary and plan to catch up with Stargate: Universe. That's only 33 episodes. This fall, I'll be watching The Walking Dead if the pilot impresses me.
                Hey, at least you only have a few shows per year to watch. I watch way, way too many

Comment

I guess I'm just used to ABC-CBS-NBC-FOX-UPN and syndication. The only made for cable shows I've followed is Stargate (SG-1, Atlantis, Universe) and Sanctuary. Sanctuary is the first show I've watched following the 13-episodes-per-season rule. Fortunately, the third season's been extended to 20 episodes. Woo-hoo!

Comment

The Walking Dead Season 2 is Official

Fangoria insiders have dug up the undead news that after a short 6 episode first season of The Walking Dead - which debuts this Halloween, we're set for more than double that zombie deliciousness and it's coming soon.

Filming is set to begin in February, 2011 with no official television debut set for the AMC show's second season, but producer Gale Anne Hurd also confirms that the series will expand to a set 13 episode season. This is to be expected as many of these harder edge shows run around that length.

Producer/Director Frank Darabont also spoke on his plans for season 2 stating he would love to include some of the environmental elements from volume 2 of series creator Robert Kirkman's epic comic.

"It would be great not just to get out of the heat, but to present a different idea to the audience visually and tonally by having it be winter. There’s some really cool stuff that Kirkman did, where they find the one zombie that’s frozen to the ground. I’d never seen that before and that’s really cool.” said Darabont.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit.../news/?a=22091

Comment

****. Yes.

Awesome.
                      ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Awesomeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                          Resident Evil the movie? I'll say Zombie. The technicians and such from the first movie were all killed and then reanimated by the T-Virus, and numbers only started to spread by infection through biting. The person bitten eventually dies, and then the T-Virus transmitted through the saliva reanimates them. The RE Zombies were a lot like the Classic, in that the T-Virus made them reanimate after death, they were slow, and the bites sped up the process (In the second film, the guy at the end got shot and killed, and then reanimated, so it must've been airborne T-Virus making them closer to Romero Classic).

Then again, the RE movies played very fast and loose with their own damn rules. Basically, since it takes death for the RE Zombies to come about, they're zombies and not Infected. But, T-Virus infection on other creatures and stuff makes them closer to Infected, because we don't expressly know if the creatures being mutated by the virus died first or not - for example, we don't know if the Infected dogs died first and became zombie dogs in the film. Then again, it's been a while since I've seen the films, so I'll say the RE Film Zombies were Classic, but there were still those that might've infected by the T-Virus and mutated while alive. Also, the third film had the baddies turning the Zombies themselves into Super!Zombies, making them Infected Undead, basically.

Stupid inconsistent film.
                          So the zombie birds in the third movie, were they zombie birds or were they infected birds from eating the dead zombies?

What?

I hope this show lives up to expectations
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            So the zombie birds in the third movie, were they zombie birds or were they infected birds from eating the dead zombies?

What?
                            Didn't see one die and come back on screen, so I'll say Infected By Default.

Bloody film!
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                              Didn't see one die and come back on screen, so I'll say Infected By Default.

Bloody film!
                              Confusing init
                              sigpic

Comment

Season 2 already confirmed? That is great news.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X