Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And then, announcements that Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have signed onto the franchise (as opposed to just the series) for another three years. This presumably gives them flexibility to appear in other spinoff series and movies, even if they're written out of the main series. Looks like they're also close to signing Danai Gurira to a similar deal, but there are scheduling issues to work out first.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...-danai-gurira/
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      And then, announcements that Norman Reedus and Melissa McBride have signed onto the franchise (as opposed to just the series) for another three years. This presumably gives them flexibility to appear in other spinoff series and movies, even if they're written out of the main series. Looks like they're also close to signing Danai Gurira to a similar deal, but there are scheduling issues to work out first.

https://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead...-danai-gurira/
      Do you believe this is the last season of TWD and that they'll move on to spin-offs? It sure looks like it (sneak peak we saw looks like a time travel episode).
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

TWD will probably never end, even if the entire cast is eventually replaced, it'll carry on like Doctor Who in that respect (actually, there are only two original cast members left now, so they are already 90% there).

There is no time travel though, episode six picks up six years after the bridge explosion, I wish AMC were more clear when there are time jumps and not leave it to the writers to confirm it on Talking Dead.

According to Lincoln he's only signed on for one movie, not three, I think it was dateline that originally quoted three and everybody has just run with it instead of actually listening to what Gimple said on Talking Dead.

Comment

Good clarification - I didn't watch Talking Dead, so all I had to go on was the news pieces online.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I could still be wrong but that's the way I understood it.

Comment

Mm. If Rick dies in this season, then any movie will have to be a flashback or reboot. If he lives, then - I think that would be rather frustrating as a fan, given that (with very little exception), characters in this show don't just swan off into the sunset...

I actually think I'm ready for the show to end, and give way to some "movies", though I think I'd rather that they had the "strength" to go full cinematic rather than just movie of the week on AMC...
              back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
              "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
              "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
              and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                According to Lincoln he's only signed on for one movie, not three, I think it was dateline that originally quoted three and everybody has just run with it instead of actually listening to what Gimple said on Talking Dead.
                Follow-up: They've confirmed 3 Rick movies after all.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
                  Mm. If Rick dies in this season, then any movie will have to be a flashback or reboot. If he lives, then - I think that would be rather frustrating as a fan, given that (with very little exception), characters in this show don't just swan off into the sunset...

I actually think I'm ready for the show to end, and give way to some "movies", though I think I'd rather that they had the "strength" to go full cinematic rather than just movie of the week on AMC...
                  Well it's confirmed that he's not dead I guess since movies are coming, and I don't think it's going to be either of them (flashback or reboot) more like flashforward. Remember, I believe the garbadge-lady (forgot her name) is in the human trafficking business so that's not looking good for Rick short term. Would make sense that he's out for a while.

To be absolutely honest, I was about to quit this show for good and the fact that they kind of completely reboot the whole thing excites me and renewed my TWD flame

Gimple sold me on Talking Dead, I mean we only got to see a really narrow window of what the TWD apocalypse looks like, for 9 seasons. Imagine what he can do in a couple seasons in a different environment.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Gimple should've been fired over the Glenn/dumpster incident. The fact that he was promoted is appalling, and, to me, demonstrates that AMC has no idea how to run this franchise--beyond "into the ground."

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                      Amazing, although they best tell AL that lol

Comment

Assuming the show is renewed for Season 10, Angela Kang is planning how to bring Maggie back.

Comment

Renewed for Season 10.

Comment

Has the back half started yet? Ive seen February 10th stated but there appears to be episode 9 out already?

Comment

It airs on TV next weekend, but for some reason certain markets got a digital release this past weekend I believe. Can’t remember the exact details.

Comment

Ahh, explains the clips on youtube when I was looking for the trailer...

Comment

Working...
                                X