Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Ride the dead, with Norman Reedus" don't you mean?

Comment

A bit Walking Dead-tangential, but it appears Chris Hardwick is kind of a colossal a-hole.
      Last edited by DigiFluid; 15 June 2018, 06:08 AM.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I wonder if the Who team are looking for a new moderator...

http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06/d...rnational.html
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

From just a few hours later, yesterday: Nerdist scrubs all mentions of Hardwick from their website.

Hardwick’s statement, which amounts to “false, and also she’s a ho”

Robert Kazinsky, Chloe Dykstra's partner:
          As @hardwick has chosen to deny Chloe’s account, I’ll take the opportunity to say I have seen the proof myself, I have seen the evidence first hand, I’ve seen the people who have come forward to tell @skydart how Chris ordered her blacklisted, there isn’t just one, there are many
          Aaaand AMC pulls Talking with Chris Hardwick from channel, dumps Hardwick from Comic Con hosting duties.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 16 June 2018, 04:32 PM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I think without a doubt the #MeToo campaign will smear mud on some honest names, that wont wash off, but overall I applaud the movement - no one should have to go through what these women have had to go through just to follow their dream, or wider, simply life.
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            and lots more!

Comment

Originally posted by cosmichobo View Post
              I wonder if the Who team are looking for a new moderator...

http://m.doctorwhonews.net/2018/06/d...rnational.html
              It seems they will indeed need a new moderator.

Comment

Oh dear, whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty, what an outdated concept this ancient "due process" is now the Court of Public opinion is so popular a concept.

There's no option here, he's guilty as sin and needs hanging in the town square, just like how we got rid of all those witches, no need for a trial, honest.

Comment

Here in Oz we've had a few of these scandals lately, and whilst most of them have been backed by a lot of support/witnesses/etc, the claims against Geoffrey Rush appear to be - if not false - not as well supported? The other cases had scores of people backing up the claims being made against the person. (EG Robert Hughes/"Hey Dad", Craig McClauchlan/"Dr Blake Mysteries" & "Rocky Horror", and Don Burke/"Burke's Backyard") In the case of Rush, lots of people have said "No, not Geoffrey". I haven't heard anyone from any other production come forward making similar claims.

It is a dangerous time for people's careers, but thus far at least, I think most of what's being aired has been genuine...
                  and lots more!

Comment

Didn't the guy from the Dr Blake show actually sue his accuser for defamation? Whatever happened with that case, last we heard about it the production company who bough the show said they'd found no evidence but sacked him anyway.

I think people should report the matter to the authorities and let them investigate it properly rather than go running to social media and make cloak and dagger accusations there, the present CPS policy here is believe the victim until proven otherwise so it's not like the person can claim they didn't think they'd be believed.

Comment

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-1...reveal/9774704

Yes, McLachlan is suing the actress and the ABC / Fairfax. They have asked for an extension to their reply to his claim, as apparently more people have come forward from other shows he's worked on.

Can't see anything else after that...
                      and lots more!

Comment

Frequent guest Yvette Nicole Brown will take over AMC's SDCC panels, as well as temporarily hosting The Talking Dead while AMC decides what to do with the show long-term.

Comment

Comic Con trailer

Comment

Looks good, I hope to get my husband back on board. He's in the "No Carl, No Show" camp. Not that I disagree but I'm in until the end.

Comment

Now - seeing that trailer... and the (rumours) of Andrew Lincoln leaving... I can't see how Norman Reedus takes over as the primary when he's basically on the "bad" side...
                              and lots more!

Comment

Urgh, AMC is not the Police and there is nothing for them to investigate, (not ranting at you DigiFluid, just the general craziness of this all) the young lady that has made the accusations has not, as far as I am aware, made any formal complaint to the authorities, nor has she named Hardwick's directly, unless I have missed something all she said was some cloak and dagger coded stuff on Twitter about an older man controlling and bullying her that everybody put two and two together over and assumed it was Hardwick.

I cannot remember who it was, but a very famous woman said not so long ago that this metoo campaign had the potential to do more harm than good because it was stripping away due process, and as AMC have demonstrated here, they have completely dispensed with due process and it appears potentially destroyed someone's career because his ex-girlfriend posted a cryptic message on Twitter.

I wonder how many more lives will be ruined by (possibly) bitter ex's before someone says enough of enough, if you want to make an accusation, do it through the proper channels an let due process run its course, and not through the court of public opinion. I'm all for supporting victims of crime, but eventually someone has to be charged over something, otherwise it's just unsubstantiated accusations.

There was a case here, last year where someone was accused of something in a similar manner and forced to step down from their job, only for them to be found dead a few days later, much later, it transpired the accusations were erm, somewhat exaggerated, and were no where near as originally made out, this didn't help the guy of course, who felt so much shame over it he topped himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X