X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Oh that's friggin' brilliant
    +1. The Walking Dead looks to be seriously the most exciting new thing in the fall. I cannot frelling wait.
    ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Me too! I have high hopes for this one. I love Mad Men, I hear Breaking Bad is quite good too. I've been more than a bit disappointed with Rubicon, but Walking Dead seems to have a heck of a lot going for it.

Plus, you know, zombies. That automatically means it'll be good.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Me too! I have high hopes for this one. I love Mad Men, I hear Breaking Bad is quite good too. I've been more than a bit disappointed with Rubicon, but Walking Dead seems to have a heck of a lot going for it.

Plus, you know, zombies. That automatically means it'll be good.
        Do not hear Breaking Bad as good. Watch Breaking Bad and call it good. Noaw. As for Rubicon, I liked the characters and stuff, but I'm afraid the conspiracy stuff went over my head (Will probably pick up the first season DVD though).

Zombies indeed equals win.
        ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

Comment

I have no idea who the actors are
          I wonder when the UK will get it
          sigpic

Comment

I have no idea who the actors are either

But I think that makes for a more enjoyable experience generally; not immediately associating them with another character you know them as.

edit; correction! Watching the trailer just now, I recognize the black guy in it. He's currently playing Pimp Charlie in the second season of Hung
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I have no idea who the actors are either

But I think that makes for a more enjoyable experience generally; not immediately associating them with another character you know them as.

edit; correction! Watching the trailer just now, I recognize the black guy in it. He's currently playing Pimp Charlie in the second season of Hung
              He also played Robert Hawkins on Jericho and he was great in that. He's good at playing morally gray characters. It's funny, I've never seen him in a role when he's spoken his original British accent.
              sigpic

Comment

I know Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break. How could I forget such a lass? HUH? HOW COULD I?

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
                  I know Sarah Wayne Callies from Prison Break. How could I forget such a lass? HUH? HOW COULD I?
                  Maybe you drank too much denatured alcohol?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                    I have no idea who the actors are
                    I wonder when the UK will get it
                    The main character is actually played by a UK actor Andrew Lincoln. Good actor, was recently in the SKY series Strike Back, which I'd recommend .

Comment

Oh yeah I remember him now I watched some of the first ep of Strike back but I couldsn't really get into it
                      sigpic

Comment

I just watched the Trailer! Oh my.... never liked Zombies therefore did not watched 28 Days Later and stuff... but it looks awesome (for a tv show!!!) Hawaii O-Five and this could be my new favourite shows this season...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                          I just watched the Trailer! Oh my.... never liked Zombies therefore did not watched 28 Days Later and stuff...
                          Oh, well, go ahead then. Seeing as 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie

Comment

Zing!

Comment

Isn't 28 days later a bloody freaking zombie flick ?
                              My only zombie flick was Rec the Spanish version and I was scared as hell. I did not sleep for days after that one
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sp!der View Post
                                Isn't 28 days later a bloody freaking zombie flick ?
                                Allow me to educate you!

Now, the term 'zombie flick' was no doubt brought upon by the Romero movies, Night of the Living Dead and its sequel Dawn of the Dead helping give image to the classic, and the best, kind of zombie: An actual dead corpse person, brought back to life. If anybody dies, they come back as a zombie, unable to be killed for good unless the brain is destroyed (Cutting off the head doesn't work, unfortunately). Zombie bites speed up the rate of death, which in turn leads to zombification.

Now, that's the 'classic' zombie. Zack Snyder's Dawn of the Dead Remake set out to take the 'classic' image and created what we dub, the 'fast' zombie. Unlike the Classic, the Fast can only be made into zombies through bites from other zombies. Normal deaths not involving destroying the brain, do not result in reanimation. But why are the Fast different than 28 Days Later's Infected? Simple. They die before reanimating. They're still corpses, but these guys run because of whatever virus that infects the blood of the Fast zombie, and they pass it on to others through bites, hence the running.

28 Days Later and its sequel, 28 Weeks Later, adhere to the class of monsters called 'Infected'. They. Are. Not. Zombies. Zombies are corpses that can only be put down by a bullet to the brain. The Infected, meanwhile, are people who were exposed to a virus through blood or saliva contact, known as Rage. Rage does just that - it makes the person infected into a mindless monster always running and hunting down folk to kill. Now, note this as well - zombies eat people. Infected, do not. Hell, the reveal at the end of 28 Days Later reveals that the Infected are starving to death. Meanwhile, in Romero's Land of the Dead, the zombie plague has been around for half a dozen years or so, and the Classics are not dying of starvation. They're already dead. They eat people, sure, but they don't need to.

People often confuse the term 'Zombie flick' for what is actually a 'Pseudo-Apocalyptic movie involving monsters resembling people chasing other people we're supposed to sympathise with'. I've heard idiots call I Am Legend a zombie flick. No. They're vampires, kids. Kinda vampires, but that's another whole mess of **** I DO NOT WANT TO GO INTO RIGHT NOW. Feckin' Twilight... Anyways, if somebody sees 28 Days Later and sees a pseudo-Apocalyptic world with monsters chasing humans, they cannot be forgiven for thinking "Zombie!" They are idiots, who can't even tell that the Infected are not corpses, and can die as easily as normal human. For lack of a better oversimplification, the Infected in 28 Days Later are just people on a particularly nasty strain of some drug, and transmit through blood and stuff. Zombies are corpses.

Zombies are better.

Consider yourself schooled, bud.

Comment

Working...
                                X