Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im honostly uhhmmm... ive had a feeling for a few years chris hardwick may hang himself ever since i started watching at midnight... and im sorta worried this is whats going to caus it... uhhmmm... its really sad... not sure hes actually done anything ... although i read the list partly and hte controlling aspects were a bit much, but thats what talking is about.... if she wanted to confront him on it... rather hten simply saying his way or the high way she could have tried to coerce him into being a reasonable adult and not a jealous teen, but that said, i am still very sad for both sides.. .but i have a feeling its going to end up with him hanging himself... something about him is very... depressed or sad, very deep sense of sadness or darkness... perhaps its why hes such an appealing person, he has a strange easy to empathise with personality i suppose

Comment

as for the walking dead uhhmm i dont really watch it or know it well, but if they want to salvage it, change its coarse, bring on a few new actors, have them be scientists, or engineers, and put them on a quest to rebuild society etc//// but im busy weeping for hardwick caus im sure despite appearences he is actually a person whos in pain and is a good caring person or atleast tries to be a good person to people even if somewhat self absorbed... i always found that episode with the three women who came on once and seemed to have a strange relationship or knowledge of him a very interesting series of interactions on taht show

Comment

40 years ago wearing the "wrong" clothing was a justifiable excuse for a woman to be raped. As was being in the "wrong" place, or having drunk "too much", or any number of other excuses that men were allowed to use for committing rape.

Hell, this still happens all over the globe - the victim being blamed for being assaulted.

#METOO is essentially vigilante justice - mud slinging. Whilst criminal charges have followed in the original instance of Harvey Weinstein, this is not always the case - whether it be due to a lack of evidence, lack of a criminal act, or lack of the victim seeking a judicial response. Certainly these latter incidents are where Chris Hardwick's story is currently sitting, with no apparent move on behalf of Chloe Dykstra to instigate legal or civil action.

There was a case here in Australia that played out over many years, wherein a woman who had been a child actor made public allegations against the "father" from the show she had starred in (yes Aussies - I'm talking about Hey Dad!), but did not immediately involve the police. Once she came forward however, more people followed, and that actor is now doing 10 years for his actions.

My point here being - without coming forward, he would not have been brought to justice.

For sure the #METOO campaign could/will end careers of innocent men. It's a scary thought! But do we want our society to endorse people who treat women in this manner? If your mate told you he treated his wife in the manner stated in Chloe's blog post, would you just give him a pat on the back?
        back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
        "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
        "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
        and lots more!

Comment

AMC has completed their 'internal investigation' and announced Hardwick will be fully reinstated as Talking Dead host.
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 26 July 2018, 03:57 AM. Reason: Typo
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Sounds like some semblance of common sense has prevailed, maybe they were waiting to see if other people surfaced with similar complaints and because nobody has, and the lady in question hasn't actually made a direct accusation against him, they're left with no alternative to reinstate him, it certainly sounds like by reading between the lines, they realised that.

Comment

Chloe Dykstra:
              I have been adamant since I came forward with my essay that I never set out to ruin the career of the person I spoke about. I could have provided more details, but chose not to. I have said what I wanted to say on the matter, and I wish to move on with my life. For that reason, I chose not to participate in the investigation against the person I spoke of. I do not believe in an eye for an eye, and therefore I have only shared my evidence with those who I felt should see it.

What I wanted was for the people around me who heard a false narrative—one that was created to hurt me and my career—to know the truth. More importantly though, I know how insidious emotional abuse is and felt compelled to share my story so others might not feel so alone.

Regarding closure, I wish I had been able to have had a private conversation with person I spoke about in my essay. Reaching out to him over text made me vulnerable, and ultimately ended up in a tabloid article where said texts were chopped up and spun to discredit me.

With the circus moving out of town, I intend to focus on the subject I originally wanted to shed light on: emotional abuse. I plan to continue this conversation and intend to work with institutions like RAINN and other support groups for survivors.

I hope that the hatred, the name calling, the death threats can go away and we can return to a productive discourse. My love to everyone.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I found myself watching the first few episodes of season 1 this weekend. I was thinking how cool it would be to somehow have the current group find those Hispanic guys that stayed in Atlanta to take care of the elderly in the nursing home, they were great.

Comment

They were nice.

They are dead.

back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                  "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                  "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                  and lots more!

Comment

That's a bummer, I had forgotten !

Comment

We’ve also been out of Georgia since...what, season 5?

Comment

Yes, I know ....I was just enjoying some of my old favorite episodes and forgot what happened to the nursing home guys. Morales made an appearance so I guess you never know who can show up.

Comment

Ooooooof: Walking Dead season 9 premiere loses nearly half its audience.

Comment

Watched it. Was boring. Not surprised. I rate this premiere 4/10.

Just kill this dying horse already, man I've been watching this show since the beginning and at that point I'm forcing myself to finish it since I've spent so much time following these characters. Spoiler ahead, beware for first episode, beware.

My impression in short (for me )

So let's just start with Rick leaving the show, I'm pretty sure that's the end of TWD after this season. I've heard rumors that Norman Reedus is supposed to take over, if that's true I'll be laughing my butt off for days, don't think that's gonna happen. That being said, it feels like a complete change of pace in this season; there are no villains left.

Okay so stealing ancient farming equipment from the Museum in DC? First off, how the hell is it still in working order. Second, are you telling me that was the closest location for this type of equipment? 3. How stupid is the whole idea of using an old chariot such as this, with woody wheels that are from the prehistoric era, when you have literally thousands of cars laying around full of nice tires that can be used as wheels instead? Why not just strip a car and keep the axle and wheels instead? 4. Going through downtown Washington DC seemed pretty easy, like a walk in the park? Shouldn't it be one of the ''hot spot'' of a post-apoc world full of looters and Z's?

Daryl is going rogue. I wouldn't be surprised if the next season of TWD is a show entirely dedicated to Daryl riding his bike around the city.

Gregory got a quick ending, which is sad, remind me again why they built this huge arc around him scheming his way back to power and simply got rid of him in such a lame way. He was stupid, but not as stupid as to send one of his pawn assassinate Maggie so blatantly and then giving a try himself.

We've got the melodrama going on with the King and Carol. Felt very out of character for Carol, she seems sincere (and we had no intention she wasn't really, other than her confession to Daryl that she might not love him that much since she said no to marriage). Cheesy.

Episode's highlights: The ''dust walker'' (loved the spiders and bugs coming out of its mouth) and Jerry looking boss on his horse.

I'd like to end on a personal note. As much as I am an avid consumer of zombies and horror, and also watched this show since its premiere, I think it's time we put TWD to the ground. This show has literally prevented countless original, independent and smaller-scale zombie-themed productions from being born. TWD stole all the media space for zombies and quite frankly, dumbed them down to extras. Romero said as much during an interview shortly before his death. He, mind you he's the founding father of zombie movies, HE wasn't able to get budget for a small movie.
                            Spoiler:
                            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Daryl said more in the opening episode than he has done in the previous three seasons combined, they even mentioned it on Talking Dead, you can see the difference in the writing quality already.

Comment

Walking Dead movie starring Andy Lincoln in development (caution: contains spoilers for tonight's episode, 905).

EDIT: Not just one movie, a trilogy of Rick TV movies, to air on AMC.
                                Last edited by DigiFluid; 04 November 2018, 07:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X