X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clip from the first episode

Comment

I am getting excited yet dreading the season premier all at the same time.

Comment

Only a week to go...

Comment

Finally, we learn who bit the bullet, or more accurately Lucille, tonight!

Comment

Comic Con trailer

Comment

Part 2 trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Comic Con trailer
                OK, can someone now explain "old man Rick" to me??
                Spoiler:
                For the obvious reason of Carl's upcoming demise this can't be a future shot. (the longer scene shows, Carl, Michonne and we assume Judith) Could it be a dead Rick? I remember Scott Gimple saying that by mid season we would know what this scene was but I'm lost Thoughts?
                Last edited by rkgardner2003; 19 February 2018, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                  OK, can someone now explain "old man Rick" to me??
                  Spoiler:
                  For the obvious reason of Carl's upcoming demise this can't be a future shot. (the longer scene shows, Carl, Michonne and we assume Judith) Could it be a dead Rick? I remember Scott Gimple saying that by mid season we would know what this scene was but I'm lost Thoughts?
                  In the show? I still have no idea. Maybe it's just his dream/fantasy of a better tomorrow?

More obviously, it seems to be a reference to the comics, in which
                  Spoiler:
                  there's a time skip of several years forward when the All Out War storyline ends.
                  "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

"Wishful thinking" I think is the best term to describe it.

Lenny James was on The One Show tonight in the UK, I think he dropped a clanged because the clueless presenter asked if he was a zombie and he answered "no, not yet", then put his hand over his mouth and muttered something like "ohhhh spoiler", but it could just have been a joke too.

Comment

"Survival Sunday" TWD season finale followed by FTWD season premier, commercial free, playing at some AMC theaters. In my neck of the woods it's also playing at Cinemagic Theaters.

Might be a fun atmosphere, I think we'll check it out.

the-walking-dead-fear-the-walking-dead-survival-sunday-1200x707.jpg

Comment

AMC has finally signed Lauren Cohan on for season 9.

Spoilers for Season 8 finale at link:
                        http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-w...-season-9-news
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Andy Lincoln is quitting The Walking Dead, will exit in the upcoming ninth season.

Honestly...why bother continuing the show at this point? TWD, at its heart, is the story of Rick and Carl. The Carl thing was a monumental mistake on its own, and now this? Not sure I’m all that interested in it continuing.

Comment

Just read the news, too.

I know we've talked about this previously, now that we are here, I really don't see Daryl stepping up as someone to lead the show, or the survivors. He's too hot headed. Yes, Rick has been too, but Daryl is stupid hot headed.

That said, I'm not sure who else there is. Ezekiel is a great character but I don't quite feel he's right for the job. Could be... Maybe? But reports are it's Norman Reedus/Daryl getting the lucrative deal to step up...

I know there was stuff going on behind the scenes that resulted in Karl's departure, but it's a shame that he left last season, and we couldn't therefore have Rick and Karl depart together - IE some big gory bloodbath with them both succumbing side by side...

Meh, I'll watch to see what they do, but I honestly do sit there some episodes tapping my foot waiting to see what Rick will do next... so it will feel pretty odd without him.
                            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                            and lots more!

Comment

I think he'll be the first of many, the lady that plays Maggie has only signed on for six episodes this season too, Morgan has moved over to Fear and most of the remaining cast have their futures all mapped out already.

I wouldn't be surprised if they cancel it after season 10 and maybe fix it so that Morgan brings what is left of the Fear lot to Alexandrea to continue Fear on the Alexander set.

According to TSD Lincoln was (along with a large percentage of the staff) really angry at the way Chandler was treated, I know Gimple gets the blame but I don't think he was the one that made the decision, and those AMC execs who made that decision sure are going to end up regretting it now.

Comment

Well well, I always enjoyed this show but let's be real, when does it end?

If Rick leaves the show, there's no way I'll keep watching it and I'm pretty sure it's going to get cancelled. I just can't see any replacement.

Normand Reedus taking lead? I really can't see that happening...

*Ride with the dead, with Norman Reedus*
                                Spoiler:
                                I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Working...
                                X