This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A List of Tweaks

That's what this is, a place to list tweaks, ideas, suggestions, bugs.

it's a LIST only

no discussion, no debate, no 'i hate it', no 'i luv it'

It's a simple concise and singular place to read ideas or suggestions or issues.

We can't guarantee that any and every tweak anyone suggests will be implemented.
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

A Forum-> The General's Office Forum-> Announcements and Help-> A List of Tweaks bar at the bottom, its annoying having to scroll all the way back up

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

1. Find the problem that is causing half-width post content. It's really getting to me! LOL
      2. Fix the "view first unread" thing.
      3. Add navigation "breadcrumbs" to the bottom of a page, too.
      4. Rep blocks seem to have been moved, but the change isn't any better. Now it just looks weird.

Comment

1. The standard forum is now too wide for my small iBook without horizontal scrolling.

2. I like a bounce back to my controls (now 'settings') at the bottom of the page as well as the top.

FF
        sigpic

Comment

Before the change I could select option under my username to see my recent posts. From there the colors and symbols helped to identify whether someone has posted after me and jump to the newest post. That doesn't seem to work now.
          sigpic

Comment

The date and times of the post's as they are currently in white and with a white background I have to highlight the whole page to see one thing.
            sigpic
            Thank you to Icarium for allowing me to use the above image.

Comment

a short list of tweaks and bugs
              1. BUG; List fonction used to be totally automatic, now a little box appears, this used to only appear in standard edit box mode, in full wysiwyg mode it still comes up, this use to not happen instead it would show the first bullet point IOf we can have that back would be good
              2. BUG; personal settings for edit box should be set to personal settings, however i have found myself clicking on the "switch editor mode" button when making posts for VMs, it is getting annoying because I have it set to full wysiwyg mode for posting anything
              3. tweak (or possible bug); Clicking post reply opens the quick reply box, I try to avoid using this as personally it is in the way. Could there be a way to turn off said reply box as per user rather then as a whole for the forum?
              4. BUG; after posting a reply the page you are returned to instead of your own post is top of the page, this is slightly annoying and I assume is just a bug to be fixed
              5. Possible tweak?; Profile pages show recent infractions of users, is there a way to hide these from public view? If so yes please, I liek to keep some things private

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
              "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
              "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

I'd like a "time" on when somebody makes a post, unless it's already on here somewhere and I don't see it.

Such and such posted this at this time, you know?

I can't tell how long ago the last post was made like this.

Edit- Ah Nevermind. I guess it's a bug. The white of the forum is covering it up in the left hand side of the screen, above my username.

Comment

revert to vB 3.6

Comment

When you want to change color, like we do a lot in the RP-Aftermath, color the speech, then you have to chose color all the time even if you're using the same color though out the posts....
                    It used to be like chose the color *once* and then the forum remembered it through out the post when ever you wanted to put any color in...

When looking at previous posts made, you only see the name of the thread. I'd like to have at least the first two or three lines of the actual post included in there.

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

I would also appreciate a time on VMs.
                      And not so bright colours. My eyes really hurt after starring too long on this white screen.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'd like you to enable the profile page so

1) I can decorate it so I don't post VM's on my own page

2) Fix it so I can increase the font size. My old eyes have trouble seeing the little print. On the old system I could make the font a 14 or 16 so I could see what I was typing better. That little A editor thing just doesn't make the font large enough. (I'm referring to the font size of VMs here.)
                        sigpic
                        Siggie created by TP//Avatar by Draco-Stellaris

Comment

Thanks for fixing the time problem so fast.

Cheers !

Comment

Dear Darren,

Okay, nice work! I don't object to change, but there are some things I noticed, and since you said constructive criticism, and such was welcome:

1. The text saying that you edited a post, for example: "Last edited by RodneyIsGodney; Today at 07:58 PM." is okay, but the time "07:58 PM" is white and thus unreadable, invisible, 'cause the background is white, too.

2. My "find all posts by this user" doesn't work. It gives a "no search results" error.

3. I'd prefer to have the post/user rank and the green/reputation on two separate lines instead of on one line.

4. I see the same thing as Jeffala described, here:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/attachmen...0&d=1263840743

Some new posts and all old posts are like that.

5. The "go to the newest post in this thread" button doesn't seem to work properly for me...

6. The forum is upscaling avatars for me on my VMs/profile. When an avatar is 60-60 px it upscales it to 100-100px. Looks terrible. Why does it upscale the pictures? Smaller pictures are okay, and if the user, or me, want a bigger avatar, he/she.I will upload one.

7. I'd prefer a darked background, like before for the user information on a post, the info now located on the left of every post. I'd also prefer darker, better, clearer lines between post, user info and signature.

8. The time of the last post of the subscribed threads in my user control panel, previously called "my controls" and now "settings" is white while the background is white too, and thus also unreadable. It also doesn't show the last poster anymore. I'm just seeing a link, arrow to go to the last post, but not the last poster's name.

9. Some avatars seem to be broken.

10. The box to type in is now colored gray, while the background is white. I'd prefer it the other way around, with the box I'm typing in being white and the background gray. Makes more sense too IMHO. Not to mention it would really be better for the readability and for my eyes.

11. Somehow every post has a fixed height as minimum and thus when there are only two or three lines in a post, there's actually a whole white gap between the last sentence and the start of the forum signature. Or maybe this is just always the case? So there's a white gap between the last sentence and the start of the forum signature. I'd prefer no gap and a fixed, dark line in between them. Less scrolling, more transparency.

Your sincerely,
                            Jasper
                            A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I think most I have experienced have already been covered, so I won't repeat them. I do notice two things happening:

1. You cannot post pictures without some text. You get the error message that your post must have at least one character. If that is the new norm to avoid "pic spam", please make that clear.

2. Trying to center pictures and/or text is messed up somehow. Sometimes they center and most times they don't. Plus, you have to "Go Advanced" to center. It would be preferred to have that feature included in the Quick Reply and Reply with Quote boxes. Currently, it is not.

Thanks! You are doing a great job and most things are falling into place far quicker than expected. Mult-Quote for example is working better than before.

Comment

Working...
                              X