Agam Darshi/Kate Freelander Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    "Recurring" can mean anything from 2 episodes to technically being in every episode but not a series regular on contract, which was the case with many SGU smaller characters.

We have no way to tell at this point if it she left or if they demoted her or if if was a mutual thing. Usually if a studio or production company wants to renew their option for the next season then you have to make it the priorty for as long as you signed and can't do other projects that they don't agree to but there are various ways of getting out of it.

I thought Kate was barely in quite a few S3 episodes, so I wonder if they decided to drop her to recurring for storyline and budget purposes. Especially because so many storylines focused on 5 mythology or single characters last year. They might have mutually decided it's best for both sides if she's not a regular anymore, leaving her free to pursue other projects, them not having to pay for a regular but able to use the character when they have an actual storyline for her.

Well shall have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Calluna; 10 October 2011, 08:39 AM.

Comment

It's a pity. I was hoping to see more of her. She's really grown on me as a character
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Kate S4
        Spoiler:
        Having met Agam today, I can tell you it was only about shooting schedules. She had other projects in the works, lived in LA and was traveling between the two towns all the time. They tried to make it work, but in the end, they couldn't.

She'll be in four episodes only this season.

But she is in the finale, and in such a way that, should they get picked up for a S5 (and she was quite optimistic about that!), Kate will be back.

So, it's only a one season thing. She'll be back, don't worry.
        sigpic
        Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
        My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
        Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
          Kate S4
          Spoiler:
          Having met Agam today, I can tell you it was only about shooting schedules. She had other projects in the works, lived in LA and was traveling between the two towns all the time. They tried to make it work, but in the end, they couldn't.

But she is in the finale, and in such a way that, should they get picked up for a S5 (and she was quite optimistic about that!), Kate will be back.

Yahoo!!! *Does happy dance* Now I'll try harder to get back into watching the show again.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
            Kate S4
            Spoiler:

Thank you for that!!

I really needed to hear that.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

It's a pity. I was hoping to see more of her. She's really grown on me as a character
              me too...

hopefully she'll be in a few episodes this season. and since she is going to hollow earth maybe there will be an episode about whats going on down there, which she'll be in.
              sigpic

Comment

Woo hoo! First time posting here!

So, I'm just watching Final Destination 3 on FX this morning, and guess who I find at the tail end?

Agam Darshi!

She's a roommate, I think, of the lead girl. Just a bit part, and I haven't seen this movie since I got into Sanctuary, so it's my first time realizing she was in it. Awesome surprise!

(BTW, I totally crack up when I see new people in old movies I've seen before, so I was laughing my butt off when people were dying horribly gruesome deaths. Gotta love it ).

Same thing happened with the movie "2012". She was in it, but this time, instead of laughing, I started thinking about what would have happened if 2012 happened in the Sanctuary verse. Got really in depth too-- the guy who discovered the problem with the Earth's core was actually Ravi (whom Kate had married, obviously, and started a family with), and they were the ones who told the Sanctuary and got Magnus involved with the Ark business...

Comment

Hello I wanted to pop by and say that I had the absolute pleasure of meeting Agam yesterday at the London Expo and she is such a lovely person! So chatty with everyone and all smiles. She really made my day

Here is a photo of Agam from yesterday (sorry about the quality):

@selene0789 - I get that all the time now I'm getting older I'm always seeing actors I know now when I'm watching back all my DVDs
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X