The Song Remains the Same (513)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Song Remains the Same (513)

JOHN WINCHESTER IS BACK — The angels send Anna (guest star Julie McNiven) back in time to kill John (guest star Matthew Cohen) and Mary (guest star Amy Gumenick) Winchester before they can conceive Sam (Jared Padalecki) knowing that if Sam was never born then Lucifer won't be able to use him as his vessel. Castiel (Misha Collins) sends Sam and Dean (Jensen Ackles) back to 1978 so they can stop Anna, and the two brothers are reunited with their parents. Mary recognizes Dean as a hunter since he visited her in the past once before but tries to keep the truth from John. Steve Boyum directed the episode written by Sera Gamble & Nancy Weiner

POST VIEWING DISCUSSION ONLY

This was, without a doubt, one of the best episodes I have seen in such a long time. Amazing from start to finish. So many touching, and sad moments in this one.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

My first episode of Supernatural. Looks like I have another show to watch!
      I like the time travel stuff....

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
        My first episode of Supernatural. Looks like I have another show to watch!
        I like the time travel stuff....
        This was really your first episode? Wow, you definitely have to check it out from the beginning. Trust me, it is well worth it.
        sigpic
        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          This was really your first episode? Wow, you definitely have to check it out from the beginning. Trust me, it is well worth it.
          I shall...I have a long list of DVDs to get that is only getting larger! I was going to watch Fringe but it was on the same time apparently.

Comment

I shall...I have a long list of DVDs to get that is only getting larger! I was going to watch Fringe but it was on the same time apparently.
            Yeah, I love both shows. I watch Supernatural live, and then watch Fringe later on with my DVR.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Yeah, I love both shows. I watch Supernatural live, and then watch Fringe later on with my DVR.
              I have to rely on Hulu() to watch missed shows because I don't own a DVR.

Comment

I have to rely on Hulu() to watch missed shows because I don't own a DVR.
                As long as you get to see them, that is what counts.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

As long as you get to see them, that is what counts.

Comment

I have to say I pretty much flailed through this entire episode, in the best possible way. The last scene was just so beautiful and so sad. Angels are watching over them indeed.
                    sigpic
                    Awesome sig by Laura
                    "We're eating stardust" ~Mr. R

The randomess that is me
                    Nibbles Zane Ducky Pixie Ace Bunny Sally Hunter Kitty

Comment

*bounces in*

No time atm, but all I can say is fan-bloody-tastic!! Spn is back!!

sigpic

Comment

One comment and one question before I fly back out the door:

Quibble Question: Ok, even considering they shoot out of order, there was no evidence of this in the past episode, the promo for the next episode, or any other scene of this episode. So why, in the scene where Dean reveals everything to Mary, did it look like they were trying (very unsuccessfully) to hide a cast on Jensen's left arm? It was weird.

My one comment: MICHAEL!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                          One comment and one question before I fly back out the door:

Quibble Question: Ok, even considering they shoot out of order, there was no evidence of this in the past episode, the promo for the next episode, or any other scene of this episode. So why, in the scene where Dean reveals everything to Mary, did it look like they were trying (very unsuccessfully) to hide a cast on Jensen's left arm? It was weird.

My one comment: MICHAEL!!!!
                          There's no cast, at the beginning of the conversation Dean is twisting a bandanna around his hand (I guess he cut his palm to draw some sigils of his own), and it casts a weird shadow at times. But you can see that he's rotating his wrist, so definitely no cast. If I had time I'd make some screen shots for you, but I'm almost out the door for a weekend visit with the in-laws. If you check it out again, though, you should be able to catch it in the frame-by-frame.

sigpic
                          Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Really great episode. Easily a favorite for this season. I think their time travel eps are always some of the best. Perfect way to finally meet Michael. And major kudos to the actor playing John/Michael. Nice find there because he actually looks like a younger John, and his portrayal of Michael was the best part of the ep for me. Nice surprise that it turned out to be Michael. Haven't read spoilers so I thought it was either Cas showing up when they showed the light or maybe God.

I like how they came back and tied up the questions from "In the Beginning"...Mary not heeding Dean's warning and why didn't John remember Dean. Yeah it was easy to just wipe their memories (which is what I suspected would happen), but it kept the time line tidy.

It is really going to be interesting to see what wins out...fate or free will. It's suggested so strongly that it will be fate, that you want to assume that the heroes will win, thus free will does as well, but at this point, I think the story will continue along the fate path.

Anna turning against them so strongly was the only iffy part of the episode for me. I know they explained it away with her being held and tortured, but I still thought it was a bit of a stretch considering her past ties to humanity and being human and why she chose to fall.
                            IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by Salamas View Post
                              I have to say I pretty much flailed through this entire episode, in the best possible way. The last scene was just so beautiful and so sad. Angels are watching over them indeed.
                              Never thought that this sentence could leave such a bitter taste.

Epic episode, sadly I wasn't able to watch it in one piece but will do that as soon as I can.
                              The cake is a lie!

Comment

Working...
                              X