Swap Meat (512)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice review.... and long

There were some great lines in there...I've had another re-watch and they still make me laugh.
    Did you notice that when Dean listened to his voice mail that it was Sam's voice when it should have been Gary's? No I didn't either...I read it elsewhere
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LizzieAnne View Post

There were some great lines in there...I've had another re-watch and they still make me laugh.
      Did you notice that when Dean listened to his voice mail that it was Sam's voice when it should have been Gary's? No I didn't either...I read it elsewhere
      I just had a thought about that, as we saw it through Gary's point of view maybe HE heard Sam's voice and so we did to and so when Dean heard that he realized why Sam was so off.
      http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

Wow, great comments as always, Chrichiel! Makes me want to re-watch the ep to see what I'd been missing.

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        I'm back. Here's my point by point.

-I, too, like that it opened right away with Gary in Sam's body and no explanation. I could tell right away anyway, because I knew from the preview there was a body swap, but it was still fun to jump in. And without even a 'Then'. I really liked that aspect of it. While on the BIG episodes, it's nice to have the recap of what's important to know, I actually don't like them in the week to week episodes because they spoil a lot of surprises (e.g. Highlighting the Crossroads Demon in the episode where Dean makes a deal with a Crossroads Demon. Or showing all the Trickster clips at the beginning of a Trickster episode. Don't give that away before the episode even starts!).
        I agree, that's really not fair on all the fans who go out of their way to stay spoiler-free.

-Turn the music up. Jensen's straight-man facial expressions again make the scene.
        Yeah, that was one part I forgot to mention - I had asked for more Bob Seger on one of the threads, and here he is. Coincidence...? Of course!

-"Check your friggin' voicemail" No kidding, Dean! What's with that?
        Yeah, he must have realized he didn't have his phone on him at some point.

-A small mention, but at this point I needed the "Sam!!" yell from Dean when Gary got thrown into the wall. Because we, the viewers, are seeing Gary, I needed that concrete reminder that acting strange or not, Dean truly believes he is out hunting with Sam.
        I don't know, but it seemed to me that yell lacked the usual gusto. Guess it's hard to put the same kind or urgency into it when you play against a guy you hardly know.

-I like that the demon can recognise Sam in whatever meat he is wearing. And while I didn't get where she was going with the 'empty vessel' thing until she brought it up to Gary (TOLD you I was slow this week! ), once I got it, I thought that was a VERY interesting idea. Because like the rest of you, I was pretty sure it didn't work like that. To me it was more about Sam's soul and him as a whole person (why Lucifer was trying to feed his anger, to prep his entire being as a vessel). How easy would consent be to circumvent if we were just talking about the physical body? So, I guess in my mind, I choose to believe that she was wrong in thinking that Gary in Sam's body would have satisfied Lucifer.
        It reminded me of the time before Dean went to hell, when he could see the demons' real faces under the meatsuits. They'd have to recognize each other in their different guises too. Remember in Malleus Maleficarum the with said, "Oh, it's you," to Ruby.

And I agree, having somebody else in Sam's body say 'yes' would be too easy, Lucifer would have done that already if it was possible. There were all those demons when he was raising Death, one of them could just have slipped into Sam. There's gotta be more to it than that.

BTW, do you figure it was Death who put the price on Dean's head? This seems to be a pretty new thing, and he hasn't been topside that long. Plus I'm sure he can't wait to get his hands on Dean to set the record straight, it must gall Death that he's walking around although he should be dead twice over.

-DEAN LEARNED HIS LATIN!!!!!!! Good boy, Dean!! I am so proud of you!! I actually jumped out of my seat cheering and scared the dog! After both Sin City and then Jus in Bello, I was wondering what it would take to get him to study. And the way they tag-teamed the exorcism? Awesome! Plus, because it is Dean, you have to add the zinger at the end: "Adios, b----!" "Uh, it's adinos." Lovely lovely scene.
        That was my favorite part too.

Good catch, I didn't realize this either. But it wouldn't have been as convincing if it had been somebody else's voice.

Btw, I was just thinking - the mirrors showed the real person, so why wouldn't a transmission bring out the real voice? I can't remember whether we heard Gary's voice over the phone when he spoke with Trevor, but I assume he heard him too rather than Sam. So it must be the magic of Mr. Bell that 'translates' the voice.

sigpic
        Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Yeah...I did...but I sortta just dismissed it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            I didn't, but I will still dismiss it! For one thing, it helps minimise confusion. But mostly, like I said earlier, there are inherent plot holes that are going to come up in any body swap episode. It still doesn't bother me about the height thing, because they are working on a tv budget and even feature length movies that show body swaps don't spend the money to remedy this flaw. It would be too cost-prohibitive for something that isn't important to the overall story. If you are going to accept that a body swap could happen in the first place, you kinda got let these things slide!

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
              Yeah, I noticed that too. Not really a big deal to me either.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
              X