• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Johari Window (212)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    JOHARI WINDOW
    EPISODE NUMBER - 212

A runaway boy inadvertently causes the deaths of three state troopers, bringing the team to a remote town where the military once conducted experiments — and where the locals are trying to keep a very personal secret.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by GateWorld; 27 November 2013, 09:50 AM.

Very interesting episode. I At first, I thought the people transformed...I didn't think they were deformed.

What did everyone else think?
    sigpic

Comment

I did too. And it was very intriguing, but I think what really was the case was even more interesting. The ability to "trick the eye" into seeing something that wasn't there is fascinating.

Loved Walter's compassion, loved Walter and Astrid together, also loved Peter and Walter together.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt ColCarter
        Very interesting episode. I At first, I thought the people transformed...I didn't think they were deformed.

What did everyone else think?
        I actually thought they were "deformed" and transformed to hide their true face. The reason I thought that was because of the way the adults came for the boy and killed off the troopers without much hesitation. It seemed as if they were trying to hide their existence or deformity etc.
        For a second or two I did wonder if they were "aliens" hiding among us.

I didn't find the story particularly compelling on this occasion BUT
        we were treated to a lovely performance by John Noble. He really is such an amazing actor and creates a wonderfully multi-dimensional character in Walter Bishop. Walter is such a conflicted figure, poor man and there is something deeply moving in his quest to seek redemption for his past actions.

The plot was fairly straightforward but ended on a rather moving note. This show works so well on so many levels, as science fiction and as drama.
        Last edited by Easter Lily; 15 January 2010, 02:32 PM.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I liked the name of the secret project, Project Elephant. A subtle reference to the Elephant Man.
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
            I did too. And it was very intriguing, but I think what really was the case was even more interesting. The ability to "trick the eye" into seeing something that wasn't there is fascinating.

Loved Walter's compassion, loved Walter and Astrid together, also loved Peter and Walter together.
            Yes...that was very interesting. The ability to mask their true faces was very cool.

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
            I actually thought they were "deformed" and transformed to hide their true face. The reason I thought that was because of the way the adults came for the boy and killed off the troopers without much hesitation. It seemed as if they were trying to hide their existence or deformity etc.
            For a second or two I did wonder if they were "aliens" hiding among us.

I didn't find the story particularly compelling on this occasion BUT
            we were treated to a lovely performance by John Noble. He really is such an amazing actor and creates a wonderfully multi-dimensional character in Walter Bishop. Walter is such a conflicted figure, poor man and there is something deeply moving in his quest to seek redemption for his past actions.

The plot was fairly straightforward but ended on a rather moving note. This show works so well on so many levels, as science fiction and as drama.
            Yes...that's what I thought at first as well.

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
            I liked the name of the secret project, Project Elephant. A subtle reference to the Elephant Man.
            Yes, I got that too...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily View Post
              Yes, it does work well on many levels. This show is something very special IMO. This episode really surprised me in the end, and was much better than I thought it would be.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                Yes, it does work well on many levels. This show is something very special IMO. This episode really surprised me in the end, and was much better than I thought it would be.
                Yes...it was quite good...and I agree that it had some surprising moments.
                sigpic

Comment

Loved the creepy town with the forest and mist, which made for a perfect setting here.

It's also the little things that I really enjoy, such as Astrid's delight at Operation (giggle) and Olivia's horror that Cobb may have experimented on his daughter (no doubt a hint of what's to come when we learn what really happened to Peter all those years ago).

I'm enjoying this season very much, and it is my hope that the show sticks around for longer.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X